Start by marking “The Saints of the Cross” as Want to Read:
The Saints of the Cross

The Saints of the Cross

Seventeen-year-old Evangeline Sweeney has a life most teenage girls would envy. She’s lived in exotic locales all over the world, has a handsome boyfriend and a loyal bestfriend. Everything seems tranquil on the surface, but recurring nightmares about her deceased mother have her questioning their significance and her own sanity. When her father announces he’s moving the ...more
Published October 18th 2012 by Velveteen Books (first published October 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Saints of the Cross, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Saints of the Cross

Start your review of The Saints of the Cross
Rebecca
Nov 29, 2012 rated it liked it
It was a good book; but I was a bit disappointed with the ending. I found that there were several questions that were never answered and left unresolved. Most of the time it's not that big of a deal, but when the majority the book revolves around these certain issues I think they should be resolved.
Lady Entropy
May 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
DNF
Paula  Phillips
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Saints of the Cross is a teenage fiction that spans over two continents and a truckload of countries. The novel first starts off in Spain, where Evie's father Captain Nash is currently working at his post there for the Navy . Evie meets one coffee shop visit , a handsome guy by the name of Javier and from then on for the next year it is love at first sight or glance and the pair become hopelessy heads over heels in love until tragic circumstances arise and Evie finds her dad is being posted ...more
Jeraca
Hmm, what to say about this book.

Well, 1, I enjoyed that the author went into detail about Evie meeting Javier and falling in love with him, but then fell in love with Xander later when she moved to the states. Yes, this is weird, but most authors bypass the first love story and I enjoyed seeing it pan out the way it did.

2. I completely agree with Evie about her decision between the two guys, though they did put up a lot of reasons for being with both.

3. The thing with her mother was just
Melissa at My Chaotic Ramblings
This book was a little slow going for me at first. I guess I was honestly expecting a little paranormal and when I realized that wasn't going to happen I had to rethink and reset myself before continuing and getting back into it.

Once I got myself ready to read, I was totally engrossed in Evie's story and everything that was going on in her life. Javier was the perfect boyfriend up until Evie had to leave Spain, and I was honestly rooting for her and Xander as soon as they were introduced. There
Nellie ☾
I got my copy from the Goodreads First Reads :)

Wow, I don't really know what to say. I am not good at writing reviews so I'll try anyway. I really liked the story. One word to describe it all would be 'unpredictable'.

It's unpredictable because the story takes you by surprise as you go along. I made assumptions about Javier and Evie's mother on what is the the real deal behind their characters but my guesses turned out to be wrong. You know in some stories where you can just predict what it's
Anne
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who enjoy realistic YA
Shelves: realistic-ya
I was recommended this book because the description says it is similar to Sarah Zarr books and I have to agree. I really enjoyed reading this and fell in love with the characters. It is well written and well edited. I did not see a single editing error (which means I wasn't distracted by errors, and that's rare in these types of mass/pop fiction books). The themes of this story really resonated with me, and the action in each chapter kept me wanting to find out what would happen next. My only ...more
M
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is Wow... Figley has done a magnificent job weaving a tale that twists and turns and leaves you quickly turning the pages to see what is going to happen next.

Her character development is outstanding, you feel as though you are reading about your friends.

I really hope there is a sequel, because when the book ended, I kept turning the page hoping there was more.
Avon Bernabe
One thing is for sure. This thing made me confused then enlightened then confused then enlightened again. Lol. Nevertheless, it has its moments that I really enjoyed.

And may I just say that I enjoyed knowing that Coralea is half Filipino? Loved it. That banana lumpia got me smiling. I'm pretty sure thats turon, as we call it in the Philippines. :)
Stephanie
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, right up to the epilogue. The epilogue just made me mad. The book itself was very good. I like the characters and the storyline. The epilogue, quite honestly, could have been turned into a sequel rather than condensing the next 5 years into a couple pages with many questions and scattered details.
Jellica Mercado
i loved it actually! it is more exciting and thriller at the near end.. i wasn't totally happy with how the story ends because i was rooting for javier. but i like it still, i love the characters, especially their love and hate relationship. i was hoity-toity most of the time!
Michelle Preece
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wonderful read the twists and turns of young love and life in it's unexpectancy
Victoria
Apr 14, 2013
raven rivers
May 13, 2014
Debbie
rated it did not like it
Mar 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
“For some reason, the despair that's welling up in me is transforming into white-hot rage. I feel it working its way up from my toes, winding around my legs, and burrowing into the pit of my stomach. It spears its razor-sharp tendrils through the pieces of my broken heart. It's crippling, and devastating, and unrelenting. I have only one choice to survive this; I turn that rage outward.” 7 likes
“With kids, what you see is what you get. There's just truth in their innocence that we as adults have lost and will never regain.” 4 likes