Start by marking “The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, #3)

The Mark of Athena

(The Heroes of Olympus #3)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  406,675 ratings  ·  15,219 reviews
Grca badge winner
Can Percy Jackson and the Half-blood Heroes succeed on their quest to find The Doors of Death or will the Greek Gods of chaos win their battle to stop them? Percy and his fellow demi-gods face the most important quest of all - the Prophecy of Seva.
Published October 2nd 2012 by Puffin

To ask other readers questions about The Mark of Athena, please sign up.
Luke J. Schelvan They've all already been released. Hope you like them!!! I hope that Rick Riordan writes another book!!!!!

·  406,675 ratings  ·  15,219 reviews

Start your review of The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, #3)
Lara
Oct 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Percy Jackson, Greek mythology, action and adventure.
Where the previous books in the series have been funny, action packed and adventurous, The Mark of Athena does it infinitely better. This book has it all: character and relationship development, and action packed plot. Basically, this book was the bomb:

The book picks up from where we were at The Son of Neptune . We finally, finally get to see Percybeth reunited an entertaining fashion (view spoiler) ...more
Sasha Alsberg
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite book in this series so far!!
Ela
WHAT KIND OF AN ENDING WAS THAT, HUH? WHERE WAS THE HAPPY ENDING? Oh my God.... Percy and Annabeth.... why why why why why

******

I won't lie, this
Jayson
(A-) 82% | Very Good
Notes: Weaving plot from tangled threads of inadequacy, it’s an ode to adolescence: totally teeming with teen angst tension.
Sabrina
My Not-So-Final Final Review

Let's start this review in the most eloquently put way I can: I have no idea how to write this review.

When I finished this book a while ago, I would log onto Goodreads every single day and every single day, I would look at my pre-review and think, how can I write this review? What should I include, what should I put emphasis on? I would simply just stare at my laptop's screen until my mom called me down for dinner.

I wish I could write this review to the high calibar it deserves. I wish I co
Brigid ✩
OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN.

I just ... I can't even ... I can't.

Well ... Good job Rick Riordan. You have written another glorious book. Congrats. I salute you.

But ... YOU ARE ALSO A HUGE TROLL, AND YOU ARE STOMPING ALL OVER MY FUCKING HEART, AND THAT ENDING WAS SO SAD AND BEAUTIFUL,
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Delaying death is one of my favorite hobbies”

Gods, how I missed these books! Why did it take me so long to continue this series? Why did I let Rick Riordan down?

It was great to return to the world of the Greek and Roman gods and monsters. Entertaining and so incredibly hilarious! Oh man, I loved this so much. The Mark of Athena has a few tiny flaws, but that doesn't stop it from being an amazing read.

Find more of my books on Instagram
Zanib  Sajjad
Latest Edit:
Oh man, oh man oh man oh man! Confession: First thought that came to mind when the book was released: How will Percabeth react to each other? A kiss? Dramatic hug/cry scene? Honestly, I really want to see more going on in that area. Sadly, I'm not getting my copy until the next few weeks.... I'm in control.... I hope they kiss in front of everyone, you know... WHAT? I'm in control- gosh....
..............

..............

Edited:
Ok, WOW? Is that the cover? And is that Jason and Percy... Fighting? And is that an owl who looks really pissed off? And isn't the owl the symbol for Athena? Is Athena angry?? And... are Percy and Jason FIGHTING?! Ok, first, Percy you can do it! Jason ain't nothing for you! Second, if you're fighting Jason, Percy, you better be fighting him for the right cause... are you fighting him for Annabet? *melts*
The first chapter has been released! And all I'm going to say is that I'm getting bad vibes from Athena. Oh, and come on! The first chapter ends in a cliff hanger. Nothing new there. Well, now I just gotta wait till October the 2nd..... Guess there's nothing we can do about that

*SPOILERS IF YOU CARE*

Oh gods oh gods, WHY ALL THE CRUELTY!!!!!????? Rick, please spare me, spare us all the agony of waiting a WHOLE $&@$&& YEAR! I just finished The Lost Hero and oh boy, what a cliff hanger! And all this talk about 'daughter of wisdom walks alone, the mark of Athena burns through Rome'. My insides are so heated up I might melt if I have to wait a whole year!
Then there's also Hera telling Percy his weakness is loyalty, and how he's going to have to make some painful sacrifices, and then she tells him the person closest to him will be causing him trouble (Annabeth??)

Three wishes for Mr. Rick
1. Don't make Percy have to kill Annabeth!!!!
2. Make Annabeth a lead character (please?)
3. ANNABETH AND PERCY BETTER NOT BREAK UP!!!! (most unlikely but still...)

*sigh* what am I going to do??!!!!! I. JUST. CANT. WAIT!!!!!!!!

I really truly hate you Rick! How can you watch us in our weakest moments? Planning the cure that will take a year! I don't think I'll make it!
Ahmed  Ejaz
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: full-lengths, 2017
Uncle Rick! Now you are going to torture me with cruel cliffhangers? Really? I didn't think you would do that after seven books!
Anyway, carry on! I still love you!

This book was AMAZING! The adventure was the most deadly one yet. And we got to see all the prophesied seven demi-gods on screen. I LOVED THAT!

OVERVIEW
Annabeth, Jason, Piper and Leo reach Camp Jupiter with their warship, Argo II, to tell the roman demi-gods that they have to forget their animosity and team up with them to defea
may ❀
Full review posted:

Pain, my true and loyal friend, welcome back.

First off, Uncle Rick are you okay? Who hurt you that made you channel your feelings into the ending of this book??

This isn’t gonna be much of a review rather than just a spoilery screaming session, but don’t worry my peeps im gonna break out the spoiler tags, you’re safe.

Now, let me tell you kids, THE AMOUNT OF PERCABETH IN THIS BOOK WILL GIVE YOU LIFE. You know when your ship becomes canon and you basically just want the entire book to be consumed by that
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
Complete 5 Golden Stars!

100% Wow...

"Being a hero doesn’t mean you’re invincible. It just means that you’re brave enough to stand up and do what’s needed."

why I love heroes, in one quote.

my favourite book in the series! closely followed by House of Hades! I actually can't decide which one I love more!

*might have spoilers about the first two books of the Heroes of Olympus*

Epic!
finally United!
finally the main quest begins!
I've been waiting for this!/>/>"Being
Mads
Leah
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Those were my two reactions when my sister told me the book was about to come out. I can't wait for this book!!!!! (you probably already figured that out by the pictures. he he.) The cover on the book seems so... dramatic. It looks like Percy and Jason are about to fight. Guess I'll just have to wait. Wow, the more I think about it, it is really hard to wait. (sigh)

After awhile
One day guys only one day!!!

After finishing the book

woohoo! I finally finished the book!
Maeve
Oct 06, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
WHY, RICK RIORDAN?! Why would you do that to us?! I just waited a year for Son of Neptune and now you are making me wait AGAIN for Mark of Athena! All I can say now is: WHAT THE HECK?!
COME FASTER, 2012!

edit 10/23/11:

What the... well, only good thing is that it's September this time, instead of October. Oh well. See ya in a year!
Naofumi Iwatani (from The Rising of The Shield Hero) ☯ (ヅ) ꧁꧂✨ ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡   ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
there are only two things, the first: the beginning was kinda slow, and the second: what the hell type of ending was that? That was such a huge cliffhanger, why Rick? Why? (view spoiler)
C.G. Drews

I don't really know how to explain my feelings here, peoples. HOW ABOUT LIKE THIS??

ARE WE STARTING TO PAINT A PICTURE HERE OF THE INCREDIBLE PAIN I'M IN
Jessica
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: made-me-cry, own, 2012
FINALLY FINISHED October 5th:

*Dramatic sobbing from girl writing this review* WHY RICK?!!! WHY?!!! Why must you torture me with these gosh darn cliffhangers and these year long waits?!?!?! Do you just enjoy seeing your faithful readers suffer? Do you revel in our pain and anguish from chapters such as THAT PENULTIMATE CHAPTER!!! YOU KNOW THE ONE I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! How could you do this to us?!?!? And to the characters?!?!? Those two in the penultimate chapter, yeah them. That was a
nicklein
Nov 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cant-wait-books
Pre-Reading: When I started Heroes of Olympus, this book hasn't been published yet. So, I think it's time for me to dive back into this world. Stoked!

Post-Reading Edit: (3Jun2016)

4 stars!

As per usual with Mr. Riordan, this book was freaking hilarious. Percy and Leo's antics made me clutch my sides and had me dying of laughter hundreds of times. One of my favourite Leo Moments was his encounter with Narcissus. But nothing beats his convo with Aphros. That one was pure gem.

“We h/>/>4/>Post-Reading
ambsreads
“Wisdom’s daughter walks alone
The Mark of Athena burns through Rome
Twins snuff out the angel’s breath
Who holds the key to endless death
Giants’ bane stands gold and pale
Won through pain from a woven jail"

The Mark of Athena is the third book in the Heroes of Olympus series. The book starts off with Annabeth's perspective. She's feeling a cold presence on the ship as the Greeks sail into the Roman camp in order to reunite with Percy.

Unfortunately, since these characters will never cat/>The
MOVED - CHECK BIO
-_- Chapter fifty-one, second half. Be warned.

In The Mark of Athena, Percy, Hazel and Frank meet up with four others from Camp Half-Blood: Jason, Piper, Leo, and Annabeth. This book's main conflict is pretty simple: Go to Rome, stay alive. Their goal is to make it to Rome, find Hazel's brother Nico, and find the Doors of Death.

This book takes place all over, but the main setting is on Leo's warship: The ArgoII. They visit Kansas, Atlanta, and some more places. ;)

I loved, LOVED
10/11/12
Just finished it. Shall post my review when I'm more coherent. But goodness, grab your copies now!

10/3/12

People, I know it's out and it has a cover. If you must know, I AM DYING TO GET MY HANDS ON A COPY. Gimmmmeeee!

---
I just finished the The Son of Neptune and I am so excited for this I might just keel over and die right now.

But where's the fun in that right? I will miss the release of the cover and I will never get to see the day of the Percy Jackson casts reunion.

So I'm wondering why is there already a rating on this book when it's
Chloe
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THAT ENDING. Best in the series so far, can't wait to read the next one!
Claudia Ramírez
4.5, really. I don't know why, but I liked "The Son of Neptune" better (just a little bit). Anyways, this book was AWESOME. Percy and Annabeth have my heart <3.
Elesia
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god, this book was awesome!! My favourite of the series so far!! I love Leo and loved Percy and Annabeth in this book so much!! That ending was crazyyy, so going to read House of Hades asap!! Looooved!!
Helen 2.0
2.5. How are all these kids still alive? Natural selection should have picked them off years ago because clearly they're too dumb to stay out of trouble...

Yet another Rick Riordan book that is longer than it needs to be and is full of bad jokes that make me scold myself for laughing. Don't get me wrong, I love Rick Riordan most days of the week, but when is he going to stop being predictable? And when will he admit that platonic friendships between girls and boys are in fact possible and he doesn't need to p
Luupi "The Reading Queen"

|| Buddy Read with Arin ||

I've been very vocal about how much Rick Riordan's books entertain and amaze me, and this book was no exception!

This third book as always is full of action but the unique thing I found was how many emotions it brought me, from love, joy, friendship to sadness, hopelessness and the scary thought of not knowing what was going to happen. I have to admit the most incredible thing that happened in The Mark of Athena was that (view spoiler) ...more
Vanessa J.
Rick Riordan has come a long way with this series. And I mean it both literally and metaphorically. Literally because duh, it's the eighth book about these characters - if that isn't long enough for you, then I don't know what is. Metaphorically because if you contrast this with the original series, you can see how much mature it has become: The first books were fun and all, but this... this is the real stuff.

But let's get on with the characters first.

Now the seven demigods from the Great Prophecy are finally together. They're
Lady Jaye
After Reading:

Frankly, this was sub-par and not at all worthy of Rick Riordan and the characters he's created (By that I mean Percy and Annabeth, not the new people. The others' creation was sub-par to begin with).

What we have here is some very shoddy work. Too many cooks spoil the broth and the many narrators made for a choppy and boring story. The characters were very flat. Mr. Riordan has managed to create a singularly annoying character in Coach Hedge. Piper and Leo are not far
Inge
Dec 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to be taking a break from this series for a little while. These books should be getting better, and I should be enjoying them. Instead, I'm just getting more and more annoyed by the fact that Riordan uses the exact same formula over and over again. Granted, it's probably earned him a couple million bucks, but it really dragged me down. The beginning and the ending were really good, but the middle 300 pages were just... ugh, it's always "crew meets obstacle, crew beats obstacle, crew fi ...more
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book HERE for CHEAP with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

3.5 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). THIS IS SERIES IS GETTING REALLY EXCITING. AND DEVASTATING. WHY ANNABETH AND PERCY???? WHYYYYYYYYYY

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through it. (A 4 star rating is the highest rating I've ever given a book.)
3 -/>/>/>/>My

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Sweet Legacy (Medusa Girls, #3)
  • The Warlock (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #5)
  • Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)
  • A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1)
  • A King's Ransom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #2)
  • The Hunters (Brotherband Chronicles, #3)
  • The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)
  • The Everafter War
  • The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Island of Silence (Unwanteds, #2)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4)
  • Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3)
  • The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)
  • Dragon Slippers (Dragon Slippers, #1)

The Heroes of Olympus (5 books)
  • The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)
  • The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
  • The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
  • The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)
“We're staying together," he promised. "You're not getting away from me. Never again.” 2554 likes
“I try not to think. It interferes with being nuts -Leo Valdez” 1801 likes