Start by marking “Under the Mistletoe (Lucky Harbor, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Under the Mistletoe (Lucky Harbor, #6.5)

Under the Mistletoe

(Lucky Harbor #6.5)

JUST ONE MORE KISS

There's no place like home for the holidays. And the Lucky Harbor Bed & Breakfast is bursting with festive lights and good cheer. But for Mia, Christmas is turning out to be anything other than merry and bright. Her recent break-up with her boyfriend Nick has made her return bittersweet. But then a surprise arrives, when Nick follows her to town beari
Published December 4th 2012 by Forever Yours

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Romantic, sexy, sweet… Under the Mistletoe is a Christmas novella from the Lucky Harbor series and, like everything Jill Shalvis writes, is a very charming story. And, it's the perfect way to kick off my holiday reading!
Just one more kiss….

Holly
First off, this is a novella...a really short novella, which is disappointing since the story felt totally rushed, and just when I felt like I was starting to like the hero, the story ended (color me shocked when this already short novella ended abruptly at 55% - the remaining 45% consisted of previews for other books in the series. I really hate when publishers do that. Grrr).

My second problem was that I was extremely disappointed to realize that Mia's HEA didn't involve her Lucky Harbor boyfri
Paula
Nov 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Minor spoilers for anyone who hasn't read the first three books of the Lucky Harbor series - which I HIGHLY recommend!

Take an hour out of your day, make some coffee, curl up on the couch with a blanket, and get ready to enjoy an adorable, funny, heartwarming short story that will make your toes curl it's so sweet.

Remember when we found out Tara and Ford have a daughter together named Mia? This is her story.

In Under the Mistletoe, we get to see a glimpse into five years to see where Mia is. She
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Posted on Under the Covers

Mia is all grown up now and is lady in her own right. In New York, she has made a life for herself. She’s got a BA in Psychology, decent digs, and a sexy, sexy boyfriend named Nick. For six months, Nick and Mia have been in a worldwind of love, but with the holidays coming up and Aunt Chloe’s wedding just around the corner, Mia is asking Nick to make that next step with her. She’s going to ask him to come to Lucky Harbor with her to be her date at the wedding.

The bomb d
Karla
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was ok

Overall I was very disappointed in this story, a first for me with a Jill Shalvis book. I didn't buy into the pairing of Mia and Nick at all! The only thing I enjoyed was seeing the characters from the first 3 books in the series. I felt like we got short-changed with this one.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: A short Holiday romance by a favorite author ... ANYONE would enjoy this short.
12/08/2012 Full Review posted on: http://www.2geekgirlsreviewbooks.com

Overall Rating = 2.5 Stars
Book Cover / Book Blurb = 3 / 4 = 3.5 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 3 Stars
Character Development = 2 Stars
Story Appreciation = 3 Stars
Worth the Chili = 3 Stars ($1.99 on Amazon & B&N)

This is my first Holiday book/novella of the season. I love this author. She is on my favorite author list. I know I can count on her for some great characters and some light romance. This didn't disappoint in that catego
Jac (For Love and Books)
Nov 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
**WARNING** If you have not read the first 2 Lucky Harbor books? There is a HUGE spoiler in this review, so stop reading NOW**

Have you heard? I love Lucky Harbor! You hadn’t? Ok, well here it is: I’m a Jill Shalvis Fan-Girl and I LOVE Lucky Harbor!!!

This short little novella is the story of Mia, Tara and Ford’s daughter! We’ve fast forwarded 5 years, Mia is living in NYC and wants her boyfriend -Nick- to come back to Lucky Harbor with her for Chloe and Sawyer’s wedding. *YES, they waited FIVE YE
Crista
Under the Mistletoe is a great example of a book that had HUGE potential but was cut way too short.

We met Mia in The Sweetest Thing (my favorite book in the Lucky Harbor series). (view spoiler). I loved Mia's character in The Sweetest Thing, so I was delighted to learn that this holiday novella would feature her as the heroine.

Quite simply, this book missed the mark. I finished it somewhat unimpressed and more tragica
Booklover, Indianapolis
(May) I should have known better. I didn't like Mia when she was introduced in the second book of this series. Now, I'm not adopted and don't know anyone who is adopted. But she was such a brat - she was 17 herself and yet came in with an attitude of "well, of course you took the easy way out by just getting rid of me, giving me up and never looking back." I don't think many, if any parent, chooses adoption lightly. And I'd think that in this day and age, at 17 you'd be mature enough to at least ...more
Visionary Druid
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
I really hate hate writing this review. I "really" wanted to like this enovella. Even though I got disappointed on "who" the hero was, I gave it my all to get past that and like the story.

Storyline was cute and moderately enjoyable. Just my disappointment on the hero colored my feelings and the reading of the book. Honestly as I read deeper and realized Mia's hero would not be Carlos I truthfully wanted to delete the book off my kindle and find another book.

But I forced myself to finish the e
Kelly22
3.50 Stars - Contemporary Romance Novella / Chick-lit
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Shey's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 Stars

After months of anticipation, at least I have been, we finally get to visit Lucky Harbor, Jill Shalvis did not disappoint with this magical Christmas short story, Under The Mistletoe.

We first meet Mia in The Sweetest Thing now five years later Mia 22 is a beautiful young lady living in New York working on her graduate degree. She has been dating Nick for six months. Nick an attorney, just passing his bar exam his goal is to help kids th
Alex
Sep 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
The Deal: Mia thinks that her relationship with Nick - a promising young attorney - is basically perfect, so she's shocked when a few days before Christmas she invites him to her aunt's wedding in Lucky Harbor and he says a categorical no.

Both Nick and Mia were given way as babies but Mia was adopted and grew up surrounded by love, and eventually developed a close relationship with her birth parents (Sawyer and Tara from The Sweetest Thing). Nick wasn't so luck and he still has a hard time comm
Cara
Dec 14, 2012 rated it did not like it
I love this series. This was a case of a story without a point. There wasn't enough substance to even make a short epilogue much less a novella. I really love Jill Shalvis, and some of my favorite books have been hers. But this should not have been a novella that you should need to pay for. I was excited to read this and to have another taste of Lucky Harbor,but this was unfortunately very disappointing. Bummer.
Sheng
Jan 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
Jaime Arkin
I was so incredibly excited that I got approved for this I dropped everything! I love the Lucky Harbor series and this novella is no exception!

Jill Shalvis hooked me from the beginning with this short story that gives us a glimpse into Mia's life. Remember Mia from Tara and Ford's story? She's their daughter and she has become a big part of their lives since then.

In Under the Mistletoe we meet Nick, her 'someone' she's been dating for the past six months. Her holiday plans don't go exactly as
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
Cute boy must grovel to get girl back short story. Fun for the holiday season!
Jess
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B+

Mia is a month away from turning 23, she’s going to school in New York and as a present to her boyfriend of 6 months, Nick, she has a plane ticket for him to go with her to Lucky Harbor for her Aunt Chloe’s wedding. She feels strongly for Nick, calling it love wouldn’t be too far off the mark, but she’s not positive about how deep Nick’s feelings are for her. His past as a foster kid has shaped him into the man he is today and she doesn’t k
Danielle
Nov 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Let me just say I love the Lucky Harbor series by Jill Shalvis. Yes, I've actually only read the most recent released ones but I love the series none the less. With Under the Mistletoe I was introduced to a bunch of new characters (which are actually old characters) and I loved them. It definitely made me want to read the first set of books all that much more. What I appreciate though, is that even though I haven't read the first books I didn
Liza
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and sexy read.

I was lucky enough to be approved by the publisher to get an early copy from NetGalley. I’m a huge fan of Jill Shalvis and couldn’t wait to get Mia’s story. Under the Mistletoe takes place 5 years after we first met Mia.

I loved Mia when we met her in Tara and Ford’s book and was so excited to see her all grown up. Mia is heading back to Lucky Harbor for Christmas for her Aunt Chloe and Sawyer’s wedding. She has it all planned to take her boyfriend with her for the trip, but N
Lyndy Ann ♫
Mar 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
A novella about Mia's relationship with Nick, they have some stuff to work out, a nice sweet romance. We get Chloe and Sawyer's wedding and a quick catch up with Maddie and Jax and Tara and Ford.
Shirley Frances
A sweet holiday story about going after what you want, letting go of your past and moving on.

Mia is a student is New York. She is looking forward to surprising her boyfriend Nick with tickets to spend Christmas at Lucky Harbor and attend her aunt's wedding there. She knows it's sudden and that she may be rejected but she loves Nick and would love nothing more than to spend this time with him. Nick is a hard-working young man who is determined to make something of himself. His childhood was rough
Vidya-BooksAreMagic
*** ARC was provided by the publisher. ***

Just when I was convincing myself to wait for the next book, this one comes out. Of course, I am excited to read this, but now after finishing this, I have to start convincing myself again that Jill Shalvis will write again..soon.

This is an intermediate novella where the readers get a glimpse of Tara's daughter, Mia's love life. So, Mia is dating a cute boy, Nick, for six months, and when Christmas gets near (and Chloe is finally getting married), Mia wa
Kelly at
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
FABULOUS Novella by Jill Shalvis!!!

Another great story from Jill. Under the Mistletoe takes us back into the lovely little town of Lucky Harbor for a wedding.

We get to meet Mia & Nick. Who are both a little gun shy when it comes to family and love. Both have had to deal with the loss of family and love in the past. But Mia is ready to move on and is looking for her happily ever after. The question is: Is Nick ready? Or will he turn tail and run?

This was a very quick read and I loved every
Jonetta
Five years have passed and Mia Hutchinson, Ford and Tara's daughter, is working in New York City and involved with Nick, who recently passed the bar and is ready to begin his career. Mia is pretty invested in the relationship and when she surprises him with a plane ticket to join her in Lucky Harbor at Christmas Eve for her Aunt Chloe's wedding, she doesn't get the reaction she was hoping for.

It's a lovely update on the Trager sisters and their families as well as Mia's story. While it is short
Pamela(AllHoney)
Listed as 6.5 in the Lucky Harbor series. As far as novellas go this one is definitely one of the best for me. Mia is coming home to Lucky Harbor to attend Chloe and Sawyer's wedding. She invites her boyfriend of 6 months, Nick, to go with her. He refuses. Heartbroken, Mia leaves. Nick follows.

We met Mia in The Sweetest Thing and I loved her then. It's so neat that we get her story now. Nick was a likable character too. It didn't take him long to realize that Mia meant something to him and he di
Lynsey
Jul 28, 2012 rated it liked it
I loved catching up with the Traeger sisters and my book husband Jax. *swoon*

I liked it a lot but on the whole I wanted more. This is perhaps because I'm greedy for anything Lucky Harbour and I'll always want more. Like I say, I loved hearing about past characters, but it could have done with being a bit longer just to get me more connected to the main couple.

Like other people have commented, it's such a let down when the story ends before 70% and the rest is all advertising.
Jae
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
This was just a meaningless read. No story, no character build up and no drama. Even for a novella this is totally pointless.
Thenia
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
A Christmas story about how Mia, Tara and Ford's daughter, got her happily ever after.

Mia and Nick have been dating for a while, and Mia is in love with him and asks him to come with her to her aunt's wedding. Nick, (view spoiler)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• We'll Be Home for Christmas (Holloway, #3)
  • Romancing the Holiday (Kent Brothers, #3; Holloway, #3)
  • Holiday Sparks
  • Naughty & Nice: Three Holiday Treats
  • Any Given Christmas (Sugar Shack, #2)
  • Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, #1)
  • Prosperity: A Judgement of the Six Mating Novella
  • No Mistletoe Required
  • Loch and Key (The McLaughlins, #3)
  • Wolf at the Door (Snowdonia Wolves, #1)
  • Upon a Winter's Night (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3.5)
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights # 2.5)
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi

Lucky Harbor (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1)
  • The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2)
  • Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3)
  • Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4)
  • At Last (Lucky Harbor, #5)
  • Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)
  • It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7)
  • Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8)
  • Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9)
  • It's in His Kiss (Lucky Harbor, #10)
“Try asking sometime. Not all women will stand for that 50 Shades crap, you know.” 15 likes
“You're a Daniels and a Walker. That means you're 99% fine stubbornness, tenacity and resilience combined", Tara said.

"And the other 1%?" Mia asked as they sat at the tiny galley table.

Ford wrapped an arm around her neck and pulled her in close. "Perfection.”
14 likes