Start by marking “Claiming A Betrayed Mate (Rough River Coyotes #2)” as Want to Read:
Claiming A Betrayed Mate (Rough River Coyotes #2)

Claiming A Betrayed Mate (Rough River Coyotes #2)

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  214 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
[Siren Everlasting Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, shape-shifters, sex in shifted form, HEA]

Betrayal hasn’t lessened his desire…

Being found naked and covered in blood and feathers in a chicken coop is the least of Nathan McAllister’s worries. The owner of the Rough River Ranch realizes Nathan is someone’s mate and all the cowboys are eager to b
Published July 7th 2012 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Claiming A Betrayed Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claiming A Betrayed Mate

V
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Beginning of the story 5 stars.

One of the things I hate is to criticize an Author for their work.
I feel terrible doing that.
Please be aware this is my personal opinion, you may find this story perfect for you.
The beginning of the story was great and I liked it.
Suddenly around 40%, this story went down the hill and it didn't recover right until the end.
I don't know if the author have met in real life people this stupid, because the reason Nathan left Jake was the most stupid reason I ever read,
LaShonta
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Kylee
Jul 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Too much world building in this second novel. I think the story could use a good edit. The story was well written but it lost its focus halfway through. The middle is confusing yet I kept reading because the characters were so well developed at the beginning of the story.

The two main characters fell in love but ended up separated in the past due to the alpha male discovering that the submissive male had a wife and child. Now ten years later, the submissive male has come in search of his alpha m
Heather♥
Jul 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I thought the other cowboys were a bit rough on Jake for not immediately claiming Nathan. To me Jake was being smart in protecting his heart (view spoiler). That being said, there's no denying Jake and Nathan were pretty lusty together. But the "shadow" part of the storyline was confusing at times and I didn't really like where things were headed after that. It could make it more difficult in future stories to trust what's actuall ...more
Shannon
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it
The shadow thing confused me but overall an entertaining read.
Pamela Su
Feb 15, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked this story a little better than the first book. There's a little paranormal aspect to the story that made it just a bit more intriguing.
Ter
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
was a 4 then dropped 2.5
I have to agree with quite a few others, regarding the "shadows". Some of it didn't make sense.
Karel
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nomance
And THIS is a great example of why authors should have beta readers who don't hesitate to deliver a critical hit to their kidneys even if it causes internal bleeding.

Up until about 50% of this book it was going great, and I even thought it was going to net a 4-star from me. And then all of a sudden -- Bam! I was drowning under this mountain of infodump for almost 25% of the book where these two characters just sat around trading info like they were nerdy trading card enthusiasts discussing strat
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
I liked the beginning, disliked how it progressed and not only was the reason silly but the whole scene at the cafe with Jake and Nathan confused the hell out of me. This guy left and married someone, you felt betrayed, disappeared for 10 years and bam your in a closet with him? It was unrealistic. The shadows were just confusing and if they actually played a part but then why weren't they first introduced in the first book.

The end redeemed itself a little however I would have loved to have seen
Chela
Jul 11, 2012 rated it did not like it
The main reason why I don't like this book is because it isn't until the end of the story that we find out why Nathan betrayed Jake. I feel that the whole time Nathan was trying to get Jake to claim him, he should have been trying to clear the air between them. From beginning until the confession, I looked for reasons why Nathan deserved a second chance. We have to wait until Nathan is kidnapped and Jake and Nathan's shadow have a lengthy conversation before we can find out the truth. By then, I ...more
CB
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A fun series. Very unique characters and stories. The author takes great advantage of the fact that these are fiction and comes up with some entertaining theories on shifters and mating.

I've read all 13 that are currently out and they've gone through all kinds of things including amnesia, shadows, knots to dark/light compounds and even male pregnancy with all kinds of hot, sexy men. So much going on and I only touched on the tip of the topics - all mixed in with hot sex - what's not to enjoy!!
Hc
While I did like this book, I'm not sure I liked the introduction of (view spoiler) But overall I ended up liking it (not as much as the first one). I will give the next book a look-see when it comes out and decide if this series is going too 'out there' for me.
~SexyBookWorm~
The reason I only gave thus book two stars is it was much too long! So much unnecessary STUFF. Not to mention that the "wierdness" of the first book continued and doubled! I dont think this series is bad I just dont see the need for such strangeness. These books have an edge of darkness. This is neither a good or bad thing. It just is. However im not sure the darkness really adds something to this series other than confusion for the readers.
Carolyn88
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance, shifter
great different from other shifter book. I always love to read a shifter book when the author comes up with another theory about shifters. So many authors just go with the common theorys that are tried and true. Not saying that is wrong but it is nice to throw in a few more ideas.
Crouck
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was an interesting idea and it was going well until the (view spoiler) thing. That tangent totally brought the story to a standstill, and made the initial premise fade to the background.
Candice
Jake and Nathan. yeah, just no. Where is the author going with this new development? I don't like it, like at all. Almost put this down.
Maya
Jul 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Not bad but not as good as the first book. The storyline becomes slightly confusing in the middle.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I don't remember this well enough to review it but I liked it enough that I kept on in the series.
Michi Rosa
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
This could be a 5 stars story if not for all that confusion about shadows and tricksters and whatever.
Stephanie
Mar 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Great until about midpoint, then it just kinda lost its focus.
Leavera Henry
Dec 09, 2014
Sarah Murphy
Aug 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Keaton's Lessons (Brac Village #6)
  • Davi's Salvation
  • Mint Ice Cream and a Vampire's Bite (The Taste of Love #3)
  • A Wolf to Set Him Free (Nehalem Pack #11)
  • Dewey (Resistant Omegas #5)
  • An Impossible Mate (Strength of the Pack #1)
  • Sold as the Alpha's Love Slave (The Pregnant Mate, #5)
Reading, writing, and white-water rafting are the three things I enjoy the most. I am currently working on the next novels for my Onic Empire series and my Fringe series. Please visit me at www.AnitraMcLeod.com or fan me at:
More about Anitra Lynn McLeod

Rough River Coyotes (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Enticing a Dangerous Mate (Rough River Coyotes #1)
  • Saving a Fallen Mate (Rough River Coyotes #3)
  • Indulging a Kinky Mate (Rough River Coyotes #4)
  • Seducing a Reluctant Mate (Rough River Coyotes #5)
  • Healing a Hurt Mate (Rough River Coyotes #6)
  • Training a Submissive Mate (Rough River Coyotes #7)
  • Protecting a Wanted Mate (Rough River Coyotes #8)
  • Taming a Wild Mate (Rough River Coyotes #9)
  • Loving a Loud Mate (Rough River Coyotes #10)
  • Catching a Clumsy Mate (Rough River Coyotes #11)