Start by marking “Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, #14)” as Want to Read:
Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, #14)

Fall of Night

(The Morganville Vampires #14)

THANKS TO ITS UNIQUE COMBINATION OF HUMAN AND VAMPIRE RESIDENTS, MORGANVILLE, TEXAS, IS A SMALL COLLEGE TOWN WITH BIG-TIME PROBLEMS. WHEN STUDENT CLAIRE DANVERS GETS THE CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE LIFE ON THE OUTSIDE, SHE TAKES IT. BUT MORGANVILLE ISN'T THE ONLY TOWN WITH VAMPIRE TROUBLE...

Claire thought she'd never get to leave Morganville, but she can't pass up the chance to f
Published May 7th 2013 by New American Library

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
2,499 books — 12,249 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadRequiem by Lauren OliverBoundless by Cynthia Hand
2013 Releases
556 books — 988 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, #14)
Abby
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I SURVIVED DECEMBER 21ST!!
But I still haven't gotten my claws into this book.. thankyou crap Australian bookstores!!
harlequin {Stephanie}
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
*Edit* Not what I was hoping for, but somehow it works. Liked it better than Bitter Blood, but after the mind melting twists and turns of the previous books it's no wonder 13 was a bit flat.

(view spoiler)
Maria V. Snyder
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
For me to still be reading a series after 13 books, is a pretty big deal. I love this series because of the characters and probably could read chapters of them just hanging out and playing video games. But that's not going to happen - not with this group.

Basically Claire finally goes to MIT and we see the world outside of Morganville, trouble finds her almost immediately, which is my only complaint. I would have loved to see her as a MIT student, making some friends and just taking a breath for
Taschima
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fall of Night was, as always, full of action and adventure, with enough risk to get your blood pumping. It was different than other titles, while on the heart of it it remained the same. Set entirely outside of the boundaries of Morganville you would think Claire would get a second of peace away from the vampires and the dark/twisty thing that is her life. But then again that wouldn't make for a great novel, and Fall of Night is certainly a great addition into the series. Claire needed to get ou ...more
Sydney
Nov 12, 2012 added it
Er....make-up with Shane already! I swear if she doesn't do that in this book...

After reading book:
Wow. Woah. Okay, then. Some serious shit just went down there. That was an intense cliff-hanger and random turn in the who series with Daylight dudes. It was a good book, though, and good plot. I loved Shane's POV and Claire's POV and the switching out of the two. I also love their relationship in this book. Much more mature and adult-like. Love it and read it in 8 hours. I can't wait for November!
MissBecka
Well that was better than I expected.
The last time Caine took the characters out of Morganville it was a disaster.
This time it worked.
I'm getting used to the new narrator...just in time to start the very last book lol.
To my dear Myrnin...
Jaki
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
She’s a tricky woman, that Rachel Caine! When I first read the blurb of Fall of Night, I was a little bit concerned. Claire’s given permission to leave Morganville and is off to MIT. I envisioned a whole book about Claire, and missing all my favourite characters and the town of Morganville too! How can that be? I thought in a panic. No Morganville? No Myrnin? No Eve? How can Ms Caine do this to us?

I should have more faith. :D Yes, Claire is off to MIT, to study in an advanced graduate program, u
Holly Herda
May 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
Okay, I am just...shocked and disappointed. Definitely not words I normally use to describe the Rachel Caine reading experience. Where do I begin when describing all the ways this book--this series--just went wrong?

And just to clarify: I realize this book was supposed to have a slightly different feel to it, since the main character was leaving the main setting. That in itself I don't have a problem with. (A similar situation occurred in book eight, Kiss of Death, and that's one of my favorites
Badass
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fuck, alright. BADDASS MANLY FICTION REVIEWER got his hands on an ARC copy of FALL OF NIGHT thanks to his having shrieked at Rachel Caine over the interwebs that she should really get her ass into gear and get this shit out on the shelves, and Rachel couldn't help but admire his BADDASS MANLY FICTION REVIEWER spunk.

(Wait, that came out wrong. FUCK IT. ONWARD.)

Anyway, BAMFR just finished his copy of this book not two seconds ago, and it turns out that it's very easy to review. Did DEAR READER lik
Lia
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
I've never reviewed a book on goodreads before, but I just finished this book, and feel I have to vent.

I didn't like this book. I'm in no way saying it's a bad book- it's written decently and as usual, the interactions between characters and the dialogue work perfectly fine. It's just... I didn't like it. It just felt off to me, in an indescribable way. There are however, a few gripes I can describe.

A small thing is that we don't see much of the whole gang, especially Michael and Eve. I don't
Sue Tint
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Morganville Vampires fans, lovers of YA paranormal, with a little romance
Shelves: ya
Wow! 4.5 to 5 stars! I just finished this 14th installment of this beloved (especially to me) Morganville Vampires series this morning. I have come to absolutely fall in love with these characters. And while this installment took us outside of Morganville for the entire book (with the exception of the very beginning and very end - and that was basically on the outskirts of town), it was an excellent move for Ms. Caine to do. I think taking Claire out of Morganville was a perfect way to refresh t ...more
Ferdy
Slightly Spoilery

The Morganville Vampires series is the longest series I've ever read - I never anticipated it being quite so long when I first started it years ago, so I'm rather glad that Fall of Night is the penultimate Morganville book… There's nothing quite like the feeling you get when you've finally finish a series.
I've had my ups and downs with the Morganville books… I wasn't the biggest fan of the last couple of installments but I have to admit that overall I've enjoyed the series — th
Bella Knighton
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t put these books down if I tried, and the plot and characters are perfectly balanced as usual. Claire’s finally managed to get out of Morganville and go to MIT, but trouble always follow. They’re relationships aren’t very strong at the end of the last book, and the repercussions of not fixing that are played out perfectly. We meet a new vampire and see how Claire functions outside of Morganville, and I honestly can’t imagine finishing this series.
Suzanne
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
The last 166 pages brought this to a 4, before then, we were looking at a 3.

The Morganville Vampire series has always been one of my favourites, but Bitterblood just wasn't up to scratch. So when I started Fall of Night, for the first time ever, I was going into one of these books with little enthusiasm. And for the first 277 pages, it unfortunately lived up to my expectations.

But enter Oliver and Myrnin and this book took a turn for the better. The pace was faster, the action picked up and I di
Dark Faerie Tales
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Dark, funny, action-packed drama. Be prepared for a seriously crazy cliffhanger.

Opening Sentence: The billboard at the border of Morganville hadn’t changed since Claire had first driven past it on the way into town at the tender age of sixteen.

The Review:

Fall of Night is the penultimate novel in the Morganville Vampire series. This is the first novel in this series that I have read but I have read Rachel Caine’s Weather Warden Series which I tho
Ave Binks
Aug 30, 2012 marked it as to-read
Okay, I absolutely LOVE this series, but I'm going to take a break from getting/reading this series for a while until I'm sure Claire and Shane are solidly back together* b/c that was my main reason for reading this series- a couple that was always together so we didn't have to worry over the drama crap of the "will they, won't they?" And so help me if Claire finds someone at college to have a fling with while she's figuring out what to do with Shane..., sigh, well lets just say I'll be very dis ...more
Kim
Dec 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: has-read
I realize this series has a cult like following. I have always really liked it, but at 150 pages in and I had to put it down. The great thing about this series was Morganville and the friends, this book is taking place in Cambridge, and I just couldn't read it anymore. It was BORING! Even a Vampire or stalker couldn't make this book less boring. I may try to pick it up again at a later date, but this series went down hill for me much the way the Southern Vampire series did from Charlene Harris. ...more
Nicole
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
ok this series can end ANYTIME now. I am over it. I like to see Claire get away but she realizes that she can't stay at MIT. Morganville as much as she doesn't want to accept it - is her home. It is very odd to have a Morganville book not really in Morganville. I really like to see Shane in this one but seeing him sad is not fun. Shane has always been one of my favorites. I don't want Shane sad :(
Dezra Bennett
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
It has been awhile since I was in this world and I fell back into it easily. This one did make me dislike the main character Claire more though.
ALPHAreader
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Following from the events of ‘Bitter Blood’, when lives were lost and friendships put to the test, Claire Danvers is following-through with her decision to leave Morganville, and attend the MIT graduate program in Cambridge.

Claire has made the monumental decision to leave her friends behind – including newlyweds Michael and Eve, who want to start acting more like a married couple (less roommates should help with that). But Claire is also determined to leave her beloved boyfriend, Shane, behind
Aly
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I can taste the end!! This is the second to last book in the series and I'm seeing the build up to the finale. The introduction on the Daylighters and the changing town. We also saw Claire and Shane leave Morganville for the first time in the series and it was interesting seeing them function in a regular city. It did seem out of character for Claire to attempt to leave town without saying goodbye to her friends and I didn't love that. I also missed Morganville and I'm glad we will get to see it ...more
Emily
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I loved the change in this book, it was so different to the others, with different characters and a whole new place. The book started out following just Claire, ad eventually the rest of the original characters came in, including some new ones. New creatures were introduced as well as, new places, new threats and new labs. The mysteries were ongoing and I enjoyed every minute.

This book definitely deserves 5 stars. It shows how all of the characters have become independent of one another and
♥Linsey Pop♥ - mybooksnthings.com
Linsey @ My Little World - Books 'N' Things

I can't believe we're approaching the end of this series and I for one am going to miss the residents of Morganville... Yes, all of them. But we're not quite there yet.

In book 14, Fall of Night, Claire has decided to get out of town in order to re-address her life and figure out what it is that she really wants. This sees her attending MIT and living in Cambridge away from all of her friends, including boyfriend Shane. Or so she thinks. She moves in wi
Amy Jacobs
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Fall of Night is the 14th book in the Morganville Vampire series by author Rachel Caine.

I am a huge fan of this series. I feel connected to Shane, Claire, Eve, Michael and yes Myrnin. There town is complicated and full of suspense and not much down time to just relax. But that is what makes them the best characters when they have to deal with problems in a vamp run town.

In Fall of Night, Claire travels away to MIT. She needs to find her way on her own and see what life is like outside of Morganv
Markus W
May 09, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Siobhan
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Please can someone get rid of Shane already? Those who have read my other reviews know I am annoyed by his character but it is taken to a whole new level in this one (even beyond the Bite Club annoyance). Honestly, Claire for such a supposedly smart character how are you blind to his behaviour? It is creepy, even by the strange sleep-watching Edward Cullen supposedly romantic a generation came to accept as the norm. Seriously, the guy got to me far too much in this one and it wasn’t good at all. ...more
Alaina

BECAUSE ONLY ONE MORE BOOK AND THEN I CAN DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH MY LIFE.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Okay, so Fall of Night wasn't that bad of a book but it also just bored the shit out of me. Claire gets to leave Morganville, again, and I really liked the change of scenery. However, I felt that Claire didn't leave her friends in a good way and I was kind of glad that Shane went after her. But I didn't like how Claire basically didn't try at MIT because she
Yodamom
Great fun with the Morganville gang when they Claire leaves home and heads for Boston. Where Claire goes trouble follows. She is finally at MIT her dream realized. Sometimes our dreams turn out to be nightmares. Everything is not what ti seems which it the way of the world. The hidden dangers strike, and some of them will not come out okay. It's all Claire fault, she may lose it all. Her research, her love and maybe her friends lives.
It was fun, edge of my seat squirming action and several ahhhh
Prami{reader and dreamer}
WHAT. THE. HELL?! This book was like riding a roller-coaster. Too many feels. It's really sad that we'd have to wait another six months for the next book to come out. I don't know what and why the hell that happened in the last! Nevertheless I loved everything about the book. The first half was quite slow seeing the crew was scattered but the second half kind of made up for the part. I'm curious as to what happens next.
Courtney
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really?!? MAY FREAKIN 7th? Do you know how far away that is? Too far. I need to know what happens! I just finished Bitter Blood. It was great! I bet this book will easily become one of my favorites. SO YOU NEED TO COME OUT ALREADY! I love this series!!

• The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)
  • Glass Heart Savage
  • Burned (House of Night, #7)
  • Night's Child (Sweep, #15)
  • Hidden (House of Night, #10)
  • Destined (House of Night, #9)
  • Full Circle (Sweep, #14)
  • Tempted (House of Night, #6)
  • Revealed (House of Night, #11)
  • Hunted (House of Night, #5)
  • Eclipse (Sweep, #12)
  • Betrayed (The Vampire Journals #3)
  • High Treason (Noah Wolf #18)
  • City of Wishes 6: The Everafter Wish
  • The Starlight Quest (City of Wishes #5)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Bitten by Cupid (Includes: Argeneau #12.5; Offspring #2.5; Feral Warriors #3.5)
  • Untamed (House of Night, #4)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)