Start by marking “Zombie Kid Diaries, Volume 2: Grossery Games” as Want to Read:
Zombie Kid Diaries, Volume 2: Grossery Games

Zombie Kid Diaries, Volume 2: Grossery Games

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Not willing to let being a Zombie spoil his dreams of pro-gamer stardom, Bill Stokes is all fired up to win against a visiting champ. But he's got a trio of troubles threatening to ruin his chances: The class has a Thanksgiving trip to Camp Woodchuck that same weekend. He's got to take care of Froufou, the yappy (but yummy-smelling) poodle from next door. And his personal ...more
Published July 31st 2012 by Antarctic Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Zombie Kid Diaries, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombie Kid Diaries, Volume 2

Kyra (Blog of a Bookaholic)
After reading the first instalment of the zombie Kid Diaries I was quite hesitant in reading this one. If you haven't read my review on the previous book click here. All in all, it was probably one of the worst books I've read. Ever. But I began reading it and...it was way better than the first one. Not a book that is on my top 100 best books, but it was enjoyable.

The first thing that made it significantly better than the first one, was the format. The layout looked like a proper diary in this b
Pam
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for a honest review. This is the second book in the Zombie Kid Diaries. It follows Bill as he adjust to being a zombie in middle school. A kid has been talking smack about how he is the best gamer and Bill just can't take that, so when he finds out the guy is coming to compete in a tournament in his town bill just knows it is his time to show who is really the best. There is one thing standing in his way. A school field trip that is planned for that ...more
Elia
Jul 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Once again I will say, there are too darn many of these illustrated diary books on the market, but despite Zombie Kid's obvious visual similarities to Wimpy Kid (my least favorite series in this style) this is one of my favorites.
I mean, who doesn't love a book about a kid whose mom accidentally brings home a zombie virus while working as a drug company tester. This edition of the series has a lot to like - from a disgusting school-sponsored reality show of kids being forced to eat gross things
Shane Cormier
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE This series. I have the first book Diary of a Zombie kid which has a different cover as the first book but its the same book. Seems it was the first print then they changed the name of it. I also have the second print of book one and this book both signed by Fred Perry the writer and one is signed by artist David Hutchinson and the other by artist Brian Denham. Thank you for signing my books and thank you very much to Mr Hutchinson for also sending me a sketch to go with the book. Looking ...more
Michelle
Nov 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
I had originally thought the zombie kid series was dead, but I was happy to see that kids were still going to enjoy this series. Hopefully they enjoyed it better than I did. It had its moments in the illustrations which have changed from the first novel. They are less copy cats and more "original" than the book Fred Perry is trying to mimic. As for plot, it fell short and the ending tried to do a cliffhanger to the next book, it felt forced and out of place.
BlackhamBoys
My third grader read this - he said he didn't like it as much as the first (why, because of the change in the illustrations) ... and because there wasn't a tournament. I haven't read this or the first book myself.

Now my 1st grader is reading it. I do wish I had the time (and desire) to preread these to make sure they are ok. I couldn't even make myself read the Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Sometimes these books for young kids are hard to read for me, even if they don't take that much time ...
Jul 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, egalley
Full review will be posted on my blog. Laurainbookland.blogspot.com

I have to say this was definitely better than the first one. I am actually rating this a 3.5 stars. I'm glad he threw in how he thought he had originally turned into a zombie. Seemed like it wrapped the story up a little more. Now I am actually looking forward to the next one to see if my theory on the bullies is correct.
Lynn DiFerdinando
Got this from Humble Bundle.
I don't really know why these books have such a low rating. They're not exactly high art, no, but I kind of like them. They're clever. I liked when zombie!Mom figured out that she could still text even if she couldn't talk.
Ryan
Sep 22, 2012 rated it liked it
This series was not my cup of tea, but I also didn’t like Diary of a Wimpy Kid. That being said however, I know the perfect boys to hand these books too and I can see them going out of our teen department frequently.
Emma Harris
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love with this series. Always funny, straight forward and compelling, this short book was just the relaxation I needed after my semester finals.

I am impressed by the art and discreet subplot that continues through the books. I'm excited to read the next!
Dillon Graham
rated it did not like it
Sep 22, 2015
Andrew Panda
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I like the humor and the art but the ending was cheesey
Elbosso