Start by marking “For Your Sins” as Want to Read:
For Your Sins

Read Excerpt

For Your Sins (Frankie Houlihan series #1)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Frankie Houlihan is a young priest distracted from his vocation by just one thing - horseracing. Standing beside the most dangerous steeplechase fence at Cheltenham, Frankie hurries to help a fallen jockey, Kathy Spencer. Their meeting was to change many lives forever.

Gerry Monroe, is a bitter ex-jockey who has feigned injury to cover his fear of riding. His fierce ambitio
Kindle Edition
Published July 6th 2012 (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about For Your Sins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Your Sins

Dave
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off, this is not exactly the book I have just read. Apparently, Joe McNally has done a complete re-write of this book to make it book nine of the Eddie Malloy series. The plot seems to be the same, but the characters are all different. I can't find the newer (?) version anywhere on Goodreads, so I am leaving my review on a similar book with the same plot and the same title!!! (This version was one among fourteen mysteries and thrillers in the box set, "Death, Lies, and Duct Tape".)

After fi
Janet Newport
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
While Eddie Malloy didn't appear, Frankie did. I like Frankie. He just kinda "fell" into his job as a Jockey Club investigator....but seems to have a real knack for the job. There's all sorts of nefarious doings going on in British horseracing and Frankie managed to trip over many of them in this story, both in England and Ireland.

Frankie doesn't just figure out mysteries, he's great with people. I think I liked that part best. With the mystery in the race course setting, these books are very re
Claire Ryan
Jul 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another one by Richard and Joe that I had the pleasure of reading recently. When I started it, I actually thought it was one of the Eddie Malloy books - so you can imagine I was a bit bewildered for a while!

I don't want to spoil the book, but I was close to tears at one point. If you've read it, you'll know what I mean.

This one is less a thriller and more a straight up mystery, and I found it not quite as tense than Hunted, for example, but it's still a good read and it's got a thumbs up from m
Betty Macy
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-owned
Frankie is even more interesting than Eddie and I look forward to more of each character, both together and separately.
pam spencer
Great read

So many twists and turns, great rewrite, can't wait for the next instalment.
Hope there are many more to come
Tiger
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reminiscent of Dick Francis, this action takes place on England's steeplechase courses.
Quick, enjoyable reads. Looking forward to the other five (so far) books in the series.
Kathy
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Some violence involving horses but a good story. Frankie Houlihan is an engaging character. I would enjoy reading more books featuring him.
Sadaf