Start by marking “Whether I'll Live or Die” as Want to Read:

Whether I'll Live or Die

“It sounded so simple in theory; ready... aim... fire... but what actually transpired was so much more.”

Officer Nicole Nolan holds the gun steady in her hands, knowing that life will be forever altered once she pulls the trigger. Her position as a small town police officer is to protect those who cannot protect themselves. It is her job, her career and her life.

Amanda stan
Published July 3rd 2012 by Nitewolf Novels (first published July 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Whether I'll Live or Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whether I'll Live or Die

Start your review of Whether I'll Live or Die
Melissa Foster
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is raw and real. It takes you through the lives of two very different women; one who is abused, and one who puts away those who abuse others. The emotions are raw, and at times I wanted to smack the main character for not walking away--but then I drew back and realized--recognized--that the woman portrayed is very, very real. The emotions portrayed are very real. Abuse is not pretty, it is not understandable or forgivable. I think sometimes we hear about abused women, and tend to think ...more
Paula Ratcliffe
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book, for-review
This was a great book offered for a free review by the author. This book follows the story of Amanda a young girl who is abused time and again. We also learn through this book read about Nicole Nolan a cop who tries to help the battered and abused. This is a raw journey of Amanda learning that she can stand up for herself and the abuse.

She starts out in one dangerous relationship with a guy named Steve and runs from him to another guy who uses her, from there she runs into Josh who is the epito
Esther
Nov 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow! Heavy subject matter! I got so frustrated with Amanda for the choices she made. I also felt sorry for her, life was so hard on her. As I was reading, I was wondering how the two girls lives were going to be connected, then when I read that page I got chills! I almost couldn't read the last chapter, then chills again! I am usually pretty good at guessing the endings of books, but not this time!

Abusive stories are always hard to read, but this one was very well written. The last two chapters
Tatiana Lammers
I could not put this book down until I finished reading it. Whether or not you have ever gone through mental, verbal or physical abuse, this book will strike the cord somewhere deep inside, it will make you feel the pain and anguish of the people brought to life in the story. The book will also give hope. Hope that no matter what the circumstances are, life does not have to stay this bad. It can change and be different. This book helps to learn to protect ourselves (whether you are a man, a woma ...more
Sandra "Jeanz"
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
MY REVIEW
I downloaded this book from Amazon with the intention to read and review it on my blog.
The cover shows the main character of Amanda in a vulnerable position on the floor almost cowering away from a rather large shadow of a man with his fists clenched. I think this image fits the book well as it is about Domestic Violence.
The book covers the subject of domestic violence very well and in a thought out, thoughtful way.
I enjoyed reading this book even though the subject is not a pleasant on
Rachelle Ayala
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An emotional roller coaster, spiritually uplifting transformation.

This book takes you into the soul of an abused woman and explains why the victim so often tolerates and even defends and stands by her abuser. The story is told through the lives of Amanda and Nicole, one a victim struggling to find enough self-worth to climb out of the pit, and the other sworn to serve and protect the public against villains and abusers.

Through double first person POV, I got to know both Amanda and Nicole. I felt
Nancy
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put down WHETHER I’LL OR DIE, and when I had to stop, I kept thinking about it. Stacy Eaton tackles the topic of domestic violence head-on, from the acknowledgements at the beginning of the book to the last page. The journey of her two female characters shows the issues from both sides of the spectrum: Amanda is at tentative 21 year-old body-builder who’s involved with a controlling abuser; Nicole is a police officer who has to respond to domestic violence and child abuse calls as pa ...more
Pat
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it

This novel was submitted to me for an honest review by the author.

This third novel by Stacy Eaton has received excellent reviews. Many use the words, “compelling”, “gripping”, and “heart wrenching”. They are all very good descriptions of this novel. I can only say this book grabbed my heart from page one.

We meet Amanda, an attractive young woman, with a good job, a best friend named Angela, and what seems at first glance to be a normal, happy life. She is drawn into a relationship with a very at
Henry Simpson
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Stacy Eaton has created a tale of domestic abuse as seen from the perspectives of two different women. Amanda is a victim and Nicole a law enforcement officer who often deals with abuse victims and perpetrators. The tale is constructed of two interweaving first person narratives that convey the action, thoughts, and emotions of the contrasting characters. Amanda begins her story as a nineteen year old in a relationship with a violent and controlling man. She breaks off the relationship, is soon ...more
G.E. Johnson
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Whether I'll Live or Die" is a riveting read that evokes several emotional responses as you read. The book details the lives of "Amanda" and "Nicole", two women who appear to be very different from the beginning of the book, but who become inextricably tied together by the end in a surprising and poignant twist. From beginning to end, both of their stories are raw and real, one trying to cope with an ongoing cycle of domestic abuse, the other dealing with life as a police officer inevitably dra ...more
Andrea
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was an incredible book that looked at domestic violence from several different angles. It was full of emotion and heartache, bravery, and choices. There were times I wanted to crawl through the book and hit someone. That, to me, is what makes a story so wonderful, when you want to become a part of it and take action.

The two main characters in this book were such opposite sides of the same coin, and Eaton did a marvelous job of blending their stories together. I'll admit, it was a bit diffic
Janet
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book as I have been beta reading for Stacy ..I had no knowledge of the topic..I just wanted to read her previous works ..

Emotional, true to life, thought provoking ..feelings of anger , bewilderment.. al this my mind went through whilst reading
The topic ..Domestic violence, the mental and physical..

Amanda has 3 relationships in this book ..all her men are what I'd refer to as 'asses', the type of guy who likes to rule ..with a fist or forked tongue

Nicole , we meet as she passes ou
Emerald Barnes
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Whether I'll Live or Die isn't for the light-hearted. It takes the emotional journey of a woman who is being physically, mentally and emotionally abused and brings it to light. You also see that journey through the eyes of a female police officer who deals with domestic abuse.

Reading this story made me pray that I would never be in a situation like this. This story definitely needs to be read to show us how tough it is for women who are abused. We also need to read it to learn to protect oursel
Amy Manemann
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life changing, compelling and heartbreaking are just a few of the words I would use to describe author Stacy Eaton's novel, Whether I'll Live or Die. The author takes us on a compelling and life changing journey with characters Nicole and Amanda, two women whose lives are at complete opposites and yet inextricably intertwined. Whether I'll Live or Die focuses on the realities of Domestic Abuse, something that is all too prevalent in this day and age. It also takes us through life as a police off ...more
Margaret Tidwell
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
From the first chapter I was hooked when it came to reading this book. I kept reading because I want to know when and how the two stories ran into each other. I thought that Amanda was a total idiot through out most of the book because she kept going back and dating total losers. I really liked Nicole because she seemed to have her stuff together. I was shocked at how the two stories did come together though. I really didn't like the ending of the book but I would still read it again if I had to ...more
Michele Mathews
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
From the time I started reading this book, I couldn't put it down. I stayed up too late a couple of nights because I was so involved with the story. The author has given us a very realistic view of what it's like to be the victim of abuse and then a realistic view of what it is to be a female police officer. I love how the ending had a nice twist that I was not expecting and left me wondering. As a survivor of emotional abuse, this book certainly touched my heart, and I hope others will read it ...more
Ginger Marcinkowski
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a story of two women, one a cop who sees the worst of people, and one, a young woman who falls for abusive men. In a turn of events, their lives cross leaving the reader with mixed feelings of hope and despair. A good, quick read from an author who knows and well describes the life of a cop and knows how to hold tension in a story!
Patrick Jones
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you have never been in an abusive relationship, you probably know someone who either is or has been. If you have never been a cop, you can relate. Stacy Eaton does a masterful job weaving a story that you won't want to put down. If it were possible to give it more than 5 stars, I would. It's worth the time.
Patrick Jones
Author "The Wolf's Moon"
Trish Jackson
Nov 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
This story is brilliantly crafted to reflect the lives of two women, one of whom is repeatedly abused by the men she loves; the other is strong, confident and involved in a relationship with a caring man.

Without revealing too much, I loved the way the author wove their two stories together to the shocking ending. I would definitely read other books by this author.

Sue Ann
Apr 18, 2013 rated it liked it
I thought this was a good book. I couldn't put it down once I started reading it. I just didn't feel connected to the character although I sympathized with her. The writing was good but didn't get me feeling emotionally involved with the character.
Pauline Hulstein
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing, I couldn't put it down. I had to read it all the way, needed to know what was going to happen next. I really enjoy a book that has different POVs.
Patty
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stacy Eaton delivers a powerful book with Whether I'll Live or Die. We follow two women. Nicole is a police officer, sworn to protect and serve those in need and Amanda, a woman in need of protection. Though their paths never cross, their stories are strong. We mostly hear Amanda's story. From the time she finds love, her choice of men tends to be those that are abusive. Always loving in the beginning, their continual physical and emotional mistreatment leads Amanda to really believe that she is ...more
Yvonne Cruz
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This at time heart wrenching, and heartbreaking audiobook is not for the faint at heart.
That said, it’s one of the best I’ve listened to this year.
The subject of the story is the reality of domestic abuse seen from two points of view. One the abused individual, in this case, Amanda, and one from the law enforcement side, officer Nicole Nolan.
As we become engaged in the plot, we realize that the fears of the abused individual are real and that the not so merry go round, is one difficult to get of
Rosemary Hughes
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that both sexes could learn a lot from. Not only does it show the difference that self esteem issues can make in a person's life, it also highlights that you are the one in charge of your life.
Yes, good friends and family can help, or hinder, a person's ability to navigate life's potholes. However, it is the individual's PMA (positive mental attitude) that empowers them to have a good life.
There are enough people in the world that will treat you as their personal doormat, if you
Jen
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An incredible book that's must read for everyone

“Would I forever be in relationships where pain and fear were a constant? Would I ever feel like someone would love me enough to die for me? Those so-called fairy tale happy endings didn’t seem to be part of my life.”

“Somewhere inside of me, I knew that I was worthy of being loved and that I deserved it. I just didn’t know where or how to find that love.”
+ • + • + • +
* A MUST-READ FOR HUMANITY *

"You never know til you walk in someone else's sho
Linda  Johnston
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviews

This story is about it seem like 2 women life. Amanda it seems like all of her relationships is through abuse. She lives close to her mother then leaves because of the abuse and moves into her aunts house. Her aunt tells her that Josh needs to give her space but marries him then the abuse starts, she leaves school, stops her exercise classes, stop being friends with her cousin and he starts strange and hating her. He beats on her nearly kills her but turns around to threatened her she bet
April
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By: Stacy Eaton

This novel is about domestic violence. A serious subject that many victims try to hide because they feel it is their own fault. The author brings this story to the listener in a way an outsider might understand. I was captured from the very beginning, until the last word. I found myself holding my breather as some of these characters went through their trials.

The narration was well done. The characters were well portrayed. Julie Walters was awesome!!!

I was
Karson Lee
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a book. It does a great job of shedding light on domestic abuse and how it affects people, seen from both the perspectives of people inside and outside of the home. It is extremely convincing.

I recommend this book to help others understand abuse and how it affects people in the long term. Some of the content resonated deeply with me because of my own family's abusive nature.

I received this audiobook from the author/publisher/narrator in exchange for an honest review via Audiobook Boom.
Ashley Hedden
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whether I'll Live or Die was another great read by Stacy Eaton. Nicole is an officer who knows that her life can be forever altered when she pulls the trigger. She knows that her job is to protect people who can't protect themselves. Amanda has had several relationships that lead her to marry a man who turns violent on her. I absolutely loved reading Nicole and Amanda's story and the huge twist. I can't wait to read more by Stacy Eaton.
Kim
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this down and read it in one day. Amanda is a new to adulthood woman that gets sucked in to the vicious cycle of Domestic Abuse. This is a story that spans over a twelve year period that has an amazing ending. Even though I got frustrated with Amanda this is well worth reading. I cannot wait to read more of this authors work.
Audiobook Giveaway! 1 1 Mar 29, 2019 02:04PM

• The Likely Resolutions of Oliver Clock
  • Mister Black (In the Shadows, #1)
  • Scarlett Red (In the Shadows, #2)
  • The Printed Letter Bookshop
  • Focused
  • A Yellow Raft in Blue Water
  • In a Perfect World
  • Fugitive Pieces
  • REVELATIONS (Tales From Dragonfly Pointe 1)
  • A Stronger Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga #5)
  • Just Stand Up: A Tribute to Black Comedians
  • Fieldwork
  • Crimson Nightmare (Crimson Duet Book 2)
  • Breaking Her Fall
  • A Night She'll Remember
  • The Atonement Child
  • Worth the Battle (Heaven Hill, #4)
  • Dirty Little Secret (Heaven Hill, #5)
Stacy Eaton is a USA Today Best Selling author and began her writing career in October of 2010. Stacy took an early retirement from law enforcement after over fifteen years of service in 2016, with her last three years in investigations and crime scene investigation to write full time.

Stacy resides in southeastern Pennsylvania with her husband, who works in law enforcement, and her teen daughter.