Start by marking “Alice in the Country of Hearts: My Fanatic Rabbit, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:
Alice in the Country of Hearts: My Fanatic Rabbit, Vol. 01

Alice in the Country of Hearts: My Fanatic Rabbit, Vol. 01 (Alice In The Country Of Hearts: My Fanatic Rabbit #1)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  734 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
After being swept down a gaping hole in her garden, Alice Liddell finds herself in the Country of Hearts, an "outsider" among the land's peculiar inhabitants. Taking up residence at Hatter Mansion, Alice occasionally forgets that her host, Blood, is the head of the Mafia. But she is quickly reminded of that fact by Blood's violence toward his most loyal follower, the March ...more
Published December 11th 2012 by Yen Press (first published December 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Alice in the Country of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alice in the Country of Hearts

Beware the Little White Rabbit by Shannon DelanyAlice in Wonderland by Jane CarruthAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollAlice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 01 by QuinRoseA Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute
Books about Alice
67 books — 50 voters
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollThe Looking Glass Wars by Frank BeddorSplintered by A.G. HowardSeeing Redd by Frank BeddorArchEnemy by Frank Beddor
Wonderland
111 books — 154 voters

More lists with this book...

I'm not really sure what to say about this one, I bought it on a whim solely because it's characters are based on Alice in Wonderland .

It's cute, that's about all I've got to say lol. Cute, brainless entertainment - it's refreshing. Like mint ice cream between courses: forgettable but tasty.
E.S.
Aug 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-read
Somehow Alice was different this one. ..like, more aggressive or something. Not a fan of the artwork in this one. Everyone seemed too tall and narrow. I am honestly tired of hearing Alice's thoughts because she says the most obvious shit. Also, when the hell has she ever been sarcastic? Why is she comparing herself to Blood? Why do we still know nothing about the guy she was in love with in her world?

I like Elliot a lot but Dee and Dum are so intolerable for me.

I just wish Alice wouldn't be su
Charlotte
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this. It made me love manga again and now I just want to sit and read all the other spin offs and the other original.
Melissa
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A new adventure with QuinRose in her twisted Wonderland, featuring the Hatter Mafia's second in command, Elliot March. This book brings fourth uncertain feelings between Alice and Elliot, shows glimpse of the Hatter family's work and leaves us wondering how Alice will make it out of Heart Castle alive. Between Peter holding her captive and Vivaldi's merciless character, we're left to wonder until we pick up volume two.
NaomiEllen
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly really enjoyed this. I didn’t like how you got no back story on how Alice ended up in the country of hearts, it just jumps in at a random point. There are many points where I was confused but I still found it enjoyable.
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
Alice decides to stay at the Hatter mansion, even going so far as to get a job there. She slowly becomes closer to Elliot, until the day she witnesses him doing his job (killing people for Blood). That awakens doubts in her, which deepen when (view spoiler) ...more
Evelyn
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A delightful twist on the original 'Alice in the Country of Hearts' series. Instead of Blood Dupre being the main love interest, Elliot March is the beau Alice has fallen for. Elliot is adorable and sweet but also vicious and deadly. Falling for a double sided man is at best confusing, at worst, painful.

Volume one ends on a cliffhanger with Alice in danger, leaving the reader wanting the next volume.

Note: The Alice in the Country of Hearts series is based on an Otome dating game. The resulting
Deborah Takahashi
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
In this spinoff of Alice in the Country of Hearts, Alice makes her way from Julius and the Clock Tower to the Hatter Mansion. After meeting Blood Dupre, Alice has decided that the man who resembles the man she loved is not the same person. Granted, everything in this world is different, she falls for Hatter's second in command: Elliot March. Elliot March is kind, gentle, and very cute (especially his rabbit ears), and Alice adores him in every way. However, when she realized that Elliot is Blood ...more
Emilie
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
No. No no no no. I am not being fair but no.

I read the first volume of Alice in the country of heart about a year ago and was slightly fascinated, mind you I had stopped reading manga ages ago, I just read it because I love Alice in Wonderland. When I bought that mega volume I also bought this one because they both were part one and I did not understand why. At all.

After doing some research, I have concluded that I still don't understand a sh*t. Is this a companion? Something else? Something tha
Emily Winfield
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
my honest opinion all the love storys that have to deal with him are the best cause hes the cutest
Rachel
Dec 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
The Alice in the Country of... series are adaptions based on the otome (maiden) games of the same name. Each installment places the lead character Alice amongst a reverse-harem where her decisions change so that she becomes romantically involved with a different character for that story. Loosely based on Alice in Wonderland, the original six volume set, Alice in the Country of Hearts, explains her arrival and introduces us to the entire cast. Both the hare and the rabbit take centre stage in My ...more
Tifa
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
This story is basically a "what-if" Alice had met and stayed with the Hatter Mafia instead of at the clock tower with Julius when she arrived in Wonderland. It plays much like an extended version of scenes we’ve already seen between Alice and the mafia members, but there should be more new content next volume since this one ends on a mini cliffhanger. I just finished re-reading the first five volumes of Alice in the Country of Hearts, so the change in art in this manga seemed radical. The new ar ...more
Tamara
Sep 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This is another spin-off from QuinRose's Alice in the Country of Hearts/Clover/Joker series. While it can be read as a stand alone, I would recommend reading the original series of Alice in the Country of Hearts first since that gives readers a much more in-depth look at the world and series.

My Fanatic Rabbit takes the original Hearts story on a different path, leading to a different pairing (that of Alice and Elliot, the March Hare). My interest in this particular series came from my interest i
James McIntosh
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book jumps right into the middle of the story and then chugs on from there. Although it explains things, understanding the story and characters is difficult. It is all so odd in an obnoxious kind of way, and perhaps even boring. Still, interesting idea.
Kate
Alice in the Country of Hearts: My Fanatic Rabbit takes place shortly after Alice first arrives to the Country of Hearts. She doesn't understand how the world works and still believes that she's just dreaming. Unlike later stories that explore Alice's relationships with other characters in greater depth, this romantic pairing occurs before Alice has really gotten to know anyone. And perhaps because of that, the romance feels forced and rushed. I like Elliot March, but he's too different in this ...more
Natsu Dragneel
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Erza Scarlet
Shelves: shoujo-beat
I like Dee and Dum to be honest even though they love to kill and don't think of Alice as a friend, but a sister for some reason but I won't judge. So if I get this straight! Heart no kuni no Alice comes in different series? Clover no kuni no Alice, Heart no kuni no Alice, Joker no kuni no Alice, and Clock no kuni no Alice? And they involve all of the characters? Vivaldi, Blood, Elliot, Peter, Boris, Dee, Dum, Gray, Nightmare, and Pierce? I like Boris and Pierce's relationship though! Cat chasin ...more
Kathryn
Dec 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga-read
Ok this is the only spin off so far that I completely did not like. For some reason the art style is different and it's printed by a different publisher.

I just think it's bad. The things the characters are saying are so random and literal I think it might actually be a translation issue but the relationship between alice and elliot just seem forced. Like it came out of no where. I realised about half way through that I'm not going to keep it. I didn't like the story, I didn't like the art style,
Emma
Jan 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Those who consider themselves an otaku
Recommended to Emma by: Friends
I love the Wonderland theme; it has the same concept of Alice in Wonderland, but has its own little twist. What really caught my eye was the cover. All the food made it so colorful and appetizing...

What I didn't like was the way some of the characters were drawn. Most of the time they looked fine, but, for example, one time Alice's head looked way too small for her body. The plot seemed to be going a little fast too. I wonder what's in store for the rest of the mangas (view spoiler)
Angelina Justice
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, graphic-novel, manga
Strange, disturbing, intriguing and seemingly insipid. Yet once you begin to read them you must wonder if they aren't in fact deeply rooted in archetypes and/or existential metaphor. This is a world where things make no sense. A world where everyone likes or loves Alice. A world that seems to hyercontextualize the bad elements of humanity and its hierarchal structures.

I like this series as a RA choice, because it has elements of both the romance and stupid humor that are usually separated into "
MJ
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga-and-comics
I liked the art style in this one... The characters were not so super pretty all the time, but the poses and outfits were always good. There was inconsistency in some of the heights amongst the characters, I don't think it was perspective. The story was rather weak. In this one Alice moved into the Hatter Mafia mansion and has a thing with Elliot (and his ears). The basis of the affection was too light and it was not that believable. So, I probably won't continue reading Elliot's route.
Jnyama
May 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Puzzling--I already read the three larger compilations of "Alice in the Country of Hearts," and figured this would be a sequel...but it appears to be a retelling of the same story, with Alice making different choices? My understanding is that this was originally a game, so perhaps this reflects the different pathways players could pursue.
Julia Navarro LeBeau
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very quick read! I'm abit upset I went through this so fast! I'm new to manga but I have to say this was a good start. This story was cute, silly, and so light to read. At the same time the twist of romance makes you keep reading wanting to know why everyone is in love with Alice and who is she really falling for? And will the nightmare guy come back
Briana
Feb 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
Ehh.....

I used to love Mangas, but this one is simply trash. She's romantically involved with pretty much every guy in the story and is infatuated with someone who treats her like trash. Not only that, but the book I read included an almost-rape scene which I felt really uncomfortable with. This is not a good role-model for young women, and it is also hard to enjoy as an adult. Stay away.
Claire
Aug 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, read-2016
Blood and Elliot were and are my favourite characters in this series. And this mini spin off focuses on the Hatter Mafia.

However, I feel like Alice is different from the original series. I don't understand her violence towards Elliot's ears. And stop calling him a rabbit. He is a hare. Did you not see how crushed he was when you called him a rabbit?

I'm ok. I'll just keep reading.
Selena
Different artist than the others, and it's pretty obvious at some points.

This is a "revisit" to "Country of Hearts" in which Alice gets together with I'm going to assume Eliot since he's on the cover.

It's cute, but if you didn't like Eliot, I suggest not reading this series.
Chelsea
Contains Episodes 1 - 7: This series seems interesting and allows the reader to get to know Elliot March the March Hare better. I really enjoyed learning more about Elliot's personality in this volume and am looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Andrew
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I wasn't expecting much when I picked this manga up. But, this dark take on the Wonderland story has just the right mix of romance and mystery to suck a reader right in. The guys with bunny ears are an adorable bonus.
Lisa
Mar 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
Ugh. This is not the type of manga I prefer. The description made it sound interesting, but since I haven't read the first series I didn't know what I was getting into. No meat to the story, the art is weak and Alice is annoying. Fifty Shades of Mary Sue minus the naughty bits.
Jane Francis
May 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Went with three stars because there wasn't much going on (literally just Elliot/Alice shipping (without any real foundation...but whatever. If you're reading these it's all about rectifying unfulfilled OTPs of the original books) and set-up for book #2). Now to find #2.....
Raven R. (AvalonReadsBooks)
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
i love this series with all my heart. but my is it hard to follow. i love that it branches out to all the characters but i dont like that the artwork changes.

four stars for great plot development and characters but almost subpar art
Who do you like best, Blood, Ace, Peter White, Elliot, or Boris??? 6 9 Sep 29, 2014 10:41PM
  • I Am Alice: Body Swap in Wonderland Vol. 1
  • Grand Guignol Orchestra, Vol. 5
  • Jiu Jiu, Vol. 1
  • 電撃デイジー 16 (Dengeki Daisy, #16)
  • Are You Alice? 5
  • Kasumi, Volume 1 (Kasumi, #1)
  • Astro Boy, Vol. 1 (Astro Boy, #1)
  • Sensual Phrase, Vol. 18
  • จอมนางคู่บัลลังก์ 2
  • Flower in a Storm (Flower in a Storm, #1)
  • The Earl and The Fairy, Volume 04
  • Mask of Duplicity (The Jacobite Chronicles #1)
  • Soul Rescue, Volume 1
  • 美少女戦士セーラームーンショートストーリーズ 2 [Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon Short Stories 2]
  • Samurai Girl: Real Bout High School, Vol. 01
  • Dramacon Ultimate Edition Manga (Hard Cover)
  • Duklyon: Clamp School Defenders, Vol. 01
  • Ragnarok, Volume 1 (Ragnarok, #1)
Quinrose is a games company which is also responsible for the manga based on their games.
More about QuinRose

Alice In The Country Of Hearts: My Fanatic Rabbit (2 books)
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts: My Fanatic Rabbit, Vol. 02