Start by marking “Till The Last Breath” as Want to Read:
Till The Last Breath

Till The Last Breath

On a lazy Sunday morning, two young people are wheeled into Room No. 509 of GKL super specialty hospital.

A brilliant nineteen year old medical student, suffering from an incurable, fatal disease hurtling her at a slow, painful, uncertain death.

A wasteful twenty five year old drug addict, with no appreciation of life, with every organ system of his body slowly shutting
Published September 2012 by Grapevine India Publishers Pvt. Ltd.

Start your review of Till The Last Breath
Surbhi Arora
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tears-in-my-eyes!

It is terrific how life can teach us its most important lessons in the sweetest way. Through a novel- non living thing no less! How were I to know that this novel is gonna reiterate one of life's incredibly important lesson.

"YOLO". You Only Live Once. Albeit, Dushyant got to live twice.

The story as such has been amazingly spun. This web has all that it needs to entertain, teach, and make you cry. The characters are woven in a way that you can instantly connect with them. If not
Anindita Roy
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I read of this author. Seeing the titles of his other books, I was reluctant to buy n read it as I am wary of Indian college romantic tales. However, I had no option left as I badly needed a book to read during my train journey. And this was one of the few decent books in English in the single bookstore at one of the railway stations my train had stopped at and the only which I had not read yet. So, I bought it..I usually can't sleep in train journeys, so started reading ...more
Archit Ojha
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-we-own
Till The Last Breath by Durjoy Dutta, is a poignant and heartwarming story. I read it in my college library and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Rahul Rajasekharan Nair
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A very mature work by Durjoy. He has come of age and this one is a heart melting one.
The story is about 2 terminally ill patients Dushyant and Peehu and their doctors Arman and Zarah. How they get attached for life at the hospital is the plot.
The story is touching and makes us realise the importance of each moment in our life.
A must read especially for those who have hefty complaints in life for the silliest of reasons.
Sneh Pradhan
Jun 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Soppy Sensationalism , and an appalingly evident lack of knowledge about the real grittiness of life in a hospital as a doctor , this novel however started off with a faintly intriguing premise , only to turn as muddy and dangerous for your (mental) life as an Indian road during the rains ! Seriously , the biggest testimony to Misogyny in the form of one of the central characters who continues to be in 'love' and take care of her rapist !!! The creepingly , cute " love " story of " The" IDEAL ...more
Anupama
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ok...first things first - I had vowed to stay away from his books after I finished "Someone Like you". But since I had no other book to read I started with this one reluctantly. And am glad I did! This is by far Durjoy's BEST book.I think his solo writings are much better than collaborations, having read ALL of his books.I found in two places where the names of the characters are muddled...it still is a fabulous read.Its engrosses you with a heart wrenching story of love,life,loss,hope and ...more
Pooja Jeevagan
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well, as a beginning, this review is biased...just a few factors which make it biased:-

a. I am a girl..
b. I am a girl who loves being a girl..
c. I am a girl who is easy on tears...doesn't really takes much to make her eyes wet...not a major melodrama
d. I am a seriously hopelessly romantic girl who knows dreamworld is restricted to dreamworld and still believes that one does get the dream come true in real...

And still, I won't give it a 5 star...it's a highly unrealistic book (thankfully, it
Kalliath
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When i was reading this book, i remembered a dialogue which Boman Irani tells in Munnabhai MBBS, "if the patient was someone else, my hand will not shake. but if it was my daughter, my hand will tremble with fear." Although the field of medicine is a risky field, i salute those people who have actually taken up this field. the book shows the other face of doctors when they break the first rule of medicine, "Never get emotional". The writer has written in a multi narrative format. He has done a ...more
Tuba Sayed
I know I am going to cry. I know it.
Rahul Khatri
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
INSPIRING LOVE STORY ...................

Waoo , An amazing read from Durjoy Datta , which takes the readers on the journey to so many emotions . I finished the book and tears enveloped my eyes . Its rare . But it happened ..... This book left a deep impression on me , a feeling to be proud of every one I've in my life . For everything I've . Human Character it is , that we always ignore that we have , but realised after losing them .

A Truly compelling read which let the reader hook to the book
Saniya Huseini
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This boooook was breath taking.... i cried my heart out on reading such an emotional book.....!! Armaan d knight having shining armour...the heart throb.... d dream of every gal.... Pihu d chubby ever smiling gal full of lyf.... Dushyant an addicted guy who loved his girlfriend bt treated her lyk animal.... Zarah who was an unexpected gal till d end an unflinching character throughout d book.... the emotional scene when she was taken for her second n d last surgery and the author has described ...more
Krishna Kumar
Mar 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Read this Durjoy's book. It is good. I wonder how come a guy of 24 or 25 years have successfully written 9 novels, thats mind blowing. I really admire your writing and dedication in it. I have read three of your books and two of them were good. You know, CB sucks when yours are compared with him. You have an unique writing skill. even some of your erotic books suck but this one is a good attempt. yet I wish the story remained unpredictable in the first few pages itself. I understood she is going ...more
Aparna
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Touched the core of my heart

Till My Last Breath is a book that would go straight to your heart and bring tears to your eyes.

All the characters of the book are beautifully depicted you feel you've known them for ages.

The story was so well written that I lived every page of the book and felt every emotion...

This was my first book of Durjoy Datta and I am sure as hell gonna read his other books.
Charushi
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Now I know that being a writer is not about writing mushy love stories, its about accepting the reality and creating a world of imagination in the reader's mind.
and i think a lot of research has gone into writing a single book and that shows.
one advice. read it slowly paying attention to each and every word. the experience will be wonderful ;)
Sundeep Supertramp
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, drama, romance
I am not a big fan of Durjoy Datta. I have read a few of his books - You were my crush, oh yes I am single. They were a disaster. Then came his book, If its not forever. I didnt want to read it. But the title of the book made me read it. I wasnt disappointed. It had love stories with travelling. A perfect blend. The 'my kind' book. So I was in a quandary, whether to read it or not. The name seemed interesting. The cover, it is not that great. But as they say, 'Never judge a book by its cover'. ...more
Muthu Anand
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-own, 2019
As my reading progressed I was more selective and left this book aside considering unworthy more than a year. Whoever, this year I thought of reading the unread book in my shelve and this one came as a surprise.

I regret for considering it unworthy. A wonderful plot, was heartwarming as the characters were well etched.I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Shivani
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
I liked the concept of the book- An overachiever diagnosed with ALS. A drunkard devoid of love. In fact, the story was very realistically set. The author described well the struggles of the protagonists to come to terms with their fates. I even loved the character Dushyant, despite what is made of him. But somehow, I felt like it was dragged. The 10 chapters in between seemed like a struggle to me. And the editing, oh the editing was horrible. Grammatical mistakes are still bearable, but ...more
Rishabh Bhoj
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My second review on Durjoy's book. The story is worth reading hence I'm here to make a remark. First of all this is one of the very few books which doesn't involve sex. The story is about two patients in room no.- 509, and two doctors trying their best to save their lives, because both are attached to the patients in a more than professional way.
Will they be able to make it? Will their efforts to save the person they hold dearest to their hearts pay off?
That's what the story is all about. The
Bookish Devil
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have never read such a wonderful book in my life !
I literally cried like anything at the end. I re-read the last sentence again and again. It never seemed like a story. I felt it was so personal. I'm writing this teary eyed. No book ever influenced me like this one. This is just a masterpiece by Durjoy. Flawless. Pihu wasn't just a fictional character in the book. I...I'm lost for words. My shirt is still drenched in my tears.

Every time when i finish reading a book, I feel so happy and proud
Harshita
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That was a devastatingly phenomenal book! So much learn from, so much to be grateful about! It made me feel grateful for still breathing and it reminded me of a phrase "Who will cry when you die..."

The characters are so brilliantly written, I had a difficult time deciding on my favourite. But at the end it was Pihu and Arman! If there's true love, then it definitely belonged to the two of them!

Till the last breath... This book will remind me to celebrate the feeling of being alive...
This book
Sanjeev Kotnala
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
‘Till the last Breath’ is a about romance and sacrifice. Its location is somewhat offbeat; a hospital. I feel that ROOM # 509 could have been an equally apt title for the story. This room in the hospital is the centre of the story. The real story begins way down after all characters orbiting the two young patients have been introduced. The patients have polarised past, needs, dreams, ghost and diseases. They are firmly pole apart in their attitude.
more at
Adita ✨The Slumbering Insomniac✨
The story left me totally speechless and tears were flowing freely when I read the epilogue- Dushyant's confession. Someone like Arman and Zarah can always fall in love, someone like Pihu can always fight it till the last breath (boy I have never seen anyone so full of life, even after knowing her days are numbered!) and someone like Dushyant will always get a second chance. Hats off to Durjoy for capturing the essence of life in a single story. :)
Arpan Rathod
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is Durjoy Dutta's one of the most mature work till date. Characters are built well. The story goes in such a flow that you will wonder what will happen next. And While all this happens, you will fall in love with the Cute Pihu.

This book makes you realise the value of life.

At the conclusion of this book, I'm sure everyone who read this book had tears in their eyes. That's how good this book is!!

I recommend it!
Akansha Gupta
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All
Recommended to Akansha by: Buybooksindia
Just loved the book.. made me cry.. Till the last breath I read.. :'( touched my heart, after reading I realize its real not easy to live your life without surviving.

I recommend to all DO this book and get to know how wonderful life is!
Ankita
Aug 18, 2013 rated it liked it
DEPRESSING!!
As i anticipated it to be, it was very depressing or even more. I felt empathetic at times for Pihu and more for her family. And Armaan sounded like a sweetheart. Dushyanat and Zarah were really something, a different pair.

The end made me cry, made me feel that feeling which Dushyanat and Pihu must have felt.

A good read but too emotional and touching.
Kaajal
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Indeed a nice piece of work..quite an emotional one. I would love to quote the line i loved the most in the entire novel.."NOTHING FIXES A THING SO INTENSELY IN YOUR MEMORY AS THE WISH TO FORGET IT.."..
Himanshu
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
sometimes the end of sthng makes the thing awesome or bad
this book... the last few pages were the best... and the last 3 pages made the whole story awesome !
one of the best from Durjoy till date.. !
Sovik Mishra
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WhHat should i say about this book.
This book ahs touched my heart, soul, my lungs and what ever i have got inside me. My medulla oblangata was about to burst out in pain after each line each statements of the book.

*The last letter form Dusyant* - I read it almost everyday.
Srijan Gupta
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice book... The story keeps you interested throughout... At some points, convinces you to look at your life from a different viewpoint.. throughout the length of the book, one does get the feels for chirpy, little Pihu... A good read overall..
Ahsan Barkati
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i read it a month before and still when i think of its stroy it touches me...this boook is full of emotions...a bit messed up...but really very very emotional book and a sad ending....

• Someone Like You
  • The 3 Mistakes of My Life
  • Like It Happened Yesterday
  • Tea for Two and a Piece of Cake
  • Never Let Me Go...
  • I'm not twenty four...I've been nineteen for five years...
  • Your Dreams Are Mine Now
  • The Perfect Us
  • The Boy with a Broken Heart
  • Five Point Someone: What Not to Do at IIT
  • It Started With a Friend Request
  • It's first love...Just like the last one!
“I am a face that people forget. But I am also a brain that forgets little.” 44 likes
“First lesson taught to doctors in medical college:

"Be emotional about the disease, not the patient.”
37 likes