Start by marking “Hashimoto Blues” as Want to Read:
Hashimoto Blues

Hashimoto Blues

Ellie Fox, quirky pilot, mechanical genius, and drug smuggler, never thinks ahead to the consequences of her actions. When her boyfriend, Max, asks her to “play a Game,” his term for one of his crazy criminal ideas, Ellie agrees and the two of them wind up on the hit list of a Japanese crime lord. On the run for their lives from their disaster in Montreal, the two lovers m ...more
Published June 29th 2012 by Sarah Dupeyron (first published January 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hashimoto Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hashimoto Blues

Start your review of Hashimoto Blues
David Chase
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a fast-paced, well-written book. Its characters and situations come from a different time and place from mine but that's no fault of the author or the story. Ellie Fox is bright and likable and has an energy that won't be reined in by convention or generally accepted society. The only rules that count seem to be rules of physics. The rest are negotiable or meant to be compromised.

Anyone who enjoys edgy, high risk adventure will like Hashimoto Blues.
Jack
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two criminals fall in love in this clever adventure. Though it makes me a bit uncomfortable empathising with the bad guys.
Mary Fan
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
Hashimoto Blues tells the story of Ellie Fox, a vivacious young woman who makes a living smuggling drugs in her ultralight airplane, which she received as a twentieth birthday present from her mentor, employer, and father-figure, Frank. When Frank introduces Ellie to another protégé of his, the roguish and handsome Max Cameron, Ellie immediately falls in love. When Max proposes a plan to steal a priceless painting from the ruthless crime lord Kendo Hashimoto, both Ellie and Frank call him crazy ...more
Shelly
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a really quick read, I think I read it in just a couple hours. I have to say right off the bat that I do not like this cover, but that didn't affect my feelings on the book. This is a clear case of not judging the book by it's cover!

This story starts out at a certain point in time with Ellie and Max getting a pretty gruesome package in the mail. Then in the second chapter it goes back to tell how Ellie came to be at this particular point. It goes into some detail about how she gets invo
Scott
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-reviews
Hashimoto Blues by Sarah Dupeyron focuses on the story of Ellie. As a teenager on her own she tries to pick the pocket of Frank, who is himself an active criminal. Frank takes her under her wing and give her a plane which allows her to smuggle small parcels of illicit materials and the occasional person. One of the people that she ends up taking across the US/Canada border is Max, a young man who she has an instant connection with. When a job that Max plans a job that goes horribly wrong they bo ...more
Andrew
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Andrew by: the author
Eleanor Fox, down on her luck after leaving high school and her hometown behind, meets Frank, a mentor and father figure. And so begins her life of crime. At twenty she becomes a smuggler, flying across the US/Canada border at night with her cargo of drugs. Add Max to the picture and we have our story.

The story is mainly about Ellie and Max: the secrets they share, the secrets they keep, and the trouble they get in to.

If the measure of a book is how it toys with your feelings, makes you question
Courtney
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the title of this book, I wasn’t very sure what to expect from it. Sometimes you can, and sometimes you can’t. After reading the synopsis I had a better idea and was interested in it.
Then when I started reading it…. Well, I just couldn’t stop.
It is one of those books that you go into not knowing what to expect and are so pleasantly surprised once you begin reading it.
The writing has a great flow to it, and the chapters are short. It makes the book go a lot faster, and is more exciting to
Alex
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I picked this book up in the local author* section of the bookstore. Self-published, local authors can be hit or miss, but I always like to give them a try. This one was definitely a hit. I couldn’t put it down and breezed through it in about four hours.

The writing was great. The narrator’s voice was strong and authentic. The author added details that made the characters three-dimensional and gave them life. In fact, by the end, I wanted to call them up and invite them for dinner, despite the fa
Sherry
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is a great vacation read. The tension builds as the book progresses keeping you turning the pages. I loved the well developed characters and hope this book might have a sequel. I need to know what will happen to Ellie and Max.
Sarah Dupeyron is a gifted writer and I look forward to reading more of her books.
WiLoveBooks
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was excited by the premise and was not disappointed. The heroine is a criminal and completely unapologetic about it, yet is completely likeable. She gets mixed up in a plan that goes wrong.There is some serious business, including some gruesome moments. Overall it manages to be a fun read. The story just pulls you right along. I loved it.
Mary
Nov 07, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a first novel by a NH author and I thought it was very good. It isn't the kind of book I usually read (I like my mysteries a lot cozier) so I don't have a great sense of how it compares to its peer group, but I thought the writing was excellent, the characters consistent and well drawn and that everything wrapped up in a reasonable way.
Karen
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Disappointing tale of two con artists. The ending where they get their revenge on the Yakuza mobster was over and done with so quickly it was like the author just got fed up writing the book.
Gigi S.
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I had a big long review written for this but the book seems to have gone missing (trust me) but basically I really, really enjoyed this and can't wait to see it get bigger, and see the sequel!
Thomas Dale
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First self-published book by this author, I believe. I enjoyed the book. Good story; very well wrtitten. I hope that there are more Ellie Fox adventures to come.
Russell Huntley
Jul 03, 2012
Wendy
Jul 14, 2012
Corey Hayer
Aug 13, 2012
Sarah Dupeyron
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelli Huntley
Damian Millas
Jan 07, 2015
Lisa
Jul 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
An easy, fun read. I enjoyed it and found myself looking forward to finding out what would happen.
Doug MacGillvary
rated it did not like it
May 08, 2015
Sarah Dupeyron
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
MK-reads
Dec 27, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: New Cover 13 161 Nov 05, 2012 08:13AM
I grew up in Westmoreland, NH, where I still live and work as one of the town librarians. Although I like to call Westmoreland home, I travel as much as I can, going to such far-away locals as Indonesia and Honduras. Thanks to my husband, Bruno, I have dual citizenship between the US and France. He moved to the US from France to be with me. I spend most of my spare time writing, but sometimes I've ...more

News & Interviews