Start by marking “My Lady Mage (Warriors of the Mist, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Lady Mage (Warriors of the Mist, #1)

My Lady Mage

(Warriors of the Mist #1)

A cursed destiny. A band of warriors. And one troubled kingdom.

It is whispered in Agathia that the legendary warriors of the mist-cursed by the gods-can be summoned only when a champion is needed and the cause is just. Gideon, their captain, knows this to be the one path that will lead his men to redemption-lest they face an eternity of damnation.

Years have passed since
Published July 3rd 2012 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about My Lady Mage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Lady Mage

Start your review of My Lady Mage (Warriors of the Mist, #1)
The Window Seat
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes, fantasy books are ones that I hate to love. It can be tiring learning all the rules of a new world. How does the magic work? Who are the characters? What makes this world unique from all the others? So when that really special fantasy romance comes along, I grab on with two hands and quickly become Fan Girl. And the special ones are those that don't tire you out learning about things before you get into the story. My Lady Mage by Alexis Morgan is one of the special ones!

Merewen is a
Spacklefritz
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
2 - 2.5 rating...

Honestly, I suppose this was an okay read, well that's what two stars stands for, but for me, it never really clicked. Maybe it was because I was expecting something along the lines of C.L. Wilson's Tairen Soul, and was really psyched to read it.

However throughout the story (except for a brief period towards the end) I was thinking to myself, "when will this end?"

For one, the world seemed to be thinly developed, in terms of, for this type of book, I was expecting it to be
MrsJoseph *grouchy*
5 years

This one has all the tropes: powerful warriors, evil bad guys, wife-beating, magic, pretty horses and virgins.

Wait, I forgot: pretty horses that know what you're saying AND come to the Mary Sue by magic. *nods*

Also to be found is a Mary Sue who bored me shittless. I read the whole thing, though...what good it did me. This one is gonna go, too.

YAAAY for knocking it off the TBR!!
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales.

Quick & Dirty: A unique and fun fantasy read set in a magical world.

Opening Sentence: Merewen tripped over a twisted knot of tree root jutting up in the narrow game trail and pitched headfirst to the ground.

The Review:

My Lady Mage is the first fantasy romance that I had read in quite some time. While there were some ups and downs, this book really didnt disappoint. Merewen is in trouble. Her uncle is slowly destroying her dead fathers town with his
Sara Reads (mostly) LOTS of Romance
I liked it
but i didn't love it
Visionary Druid
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Seventy-two pages in and my fantasy heart is pumping in happiness. Why? Because My Lady Mage reads exactly like a high fantasy book, the likes of Jennifer Roberson and/or David Eddings fantasy.

Which makes my fantasy heart so damn happy; especially since it's hard to find good or decent fantasy read. Dnd/Forgotten Realms worthy fantasy. Well to me...

So I am getting enmeshed in the tale. Curious about The Warriors of the Damned. How they got damned, How they got put into the water. Curious
Kelly Laffey
Jun 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway and am extremely happy that I did.

I have never read Alexis Morgan before, but I am willing to purchase all of her books after reading this one. The writing was excellent and the story was well developed and told. Even though this type of story is done all the time, I feel as though the author did a good job of making it seem new and fresh. The characters were well developed and I found myself wanting to know more about each of the warriors back stories
Has
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Full Review to be posted soon:

2 and half stars.

Really wanted to like it but I couldn't warm up to the romance or the main heroine who I found to be pretty bland and a bit of a Mary Sue. I actually preferred the sub-story with Aline who I felt was a much more interesting character. It also felt a bit like a PNR with the whole band of brothers thing and I think I might be a burned out on that trope. Overall, it was ok and I liked how the avatars and the magic linked with the horses played out.
Hager Moharram
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love it love it love it
E_bookpushers
After thinking back on this book and realizing that I liked the supporting characters more then the hero/heroine I realized that I was looking forward to the next book just to find out about them...

Joint Review with my fellow Book Pushers originally posted at: http://thebookpushers.com/2012/07/25/...

Publisher: Berkley
Where did you get the book: Publisher
Release date: Out now

A cursed destiny. A band of warriors. And one troubled kingdom.

It is whispered in Agathia that the legendary warriors of
Nada Sobhi

My Lady Mage by Alexis Morgan is the first installment in the Warriors of the Mist series. The book is as breath-taking and as intriguing as its cover.

Not being a fan of romance, My Lady Mage is my first fantasy-romance novel. Still, I deal with romance with care for there are often clichés just read the synopsis of many fantasy books and youll notice a pattern but here, I enjoyed it. And that means Alexis Morgan did something spectacular, for Im not easy to please.

The novel opens with a sort
Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
What a great concept for a story. Loved it and read it pretty much on a Sunday afternoon and evening. It is the first of a series, and I so look forward to the next one. I think I am not going to tell much of the story in this review but rather explain the concept and introduce the characters.

The Warriors of the Mist are part of an ancient legend. It is said that in very dark times they can be summoned from the River of the Dammed where they sleep in the cold beneath the current. The cause has
Shauni
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Lady Mage is the first book in a new adventure for Alexis.. It is a fantasy romance.. so far there are three books in this series and I am not sure if it will end there or if it continues but I will say. If she follows the plot from this first book it will have a definite ending. This will not be a series that never ends.. think CL Wilson's Fading Land/Tairen Soul series.. or Karen Marie Moning's Fever series.. both had a battle to be won then the story ended. If they continue on from there ...more
Mandi Schreiner
The Warriors of the River are five men who have been banished to sleep beneath the river, who can be summoned when a champion is needed. And Merewen is in dire need of a champion. Finding an old text in her late fathers library, she learns of these men, and goes out to the river late one night to see if the magic will work. After chanting some words, five men rise from the river, and Merewen knows she no longer has to battle alone. After her fathers passing. Merewen went under the guardianship ...more
Rains
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cannot-finish
I really hate giving low reviews, but I cannot give any more than two stars for a book I could not finish.
The book had good potential in the beginning; it started strong and captured my attention. As the book progressed, I was thinking to myself how immature the book read but I kept reading, hoping it would pick up pace and show me how worthy of a book it was. Obviously, it failed.

I enjoy these types of books with a girls fantasy playing before my eyes. Some macho man coming from some existence
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by: Jen
Book provided by: contest win at Romance Junkies
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

I admit, I have a weakness for medieval romance. And when this book landed in my hands, I was intrigued. I mean, the blurb says that our heroine is going to call forth warriors from the river to be her champion. That in itself hooked me.

So we have Merewen, a woman who is well, your typical headstrong romance heroine, but shes not what youd picture as the typical medieval lady. She
Delilah Stephans
I was lucky enough to get a preview copy of this book. Most know Alexis Morgan from her Paladin series and though I love the Paladins - I must say the Warriors of the Mist rank right up there with them. I love these cursed warriors. But though he's not the hero of this book I must say that Kane is my favorite. If you've read the Paladins - Kane reminds me of Blake Trahearn of the Paladin series. He also reminds me of Zarek from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters and Zsadist from J.R. Wards Black ...more
Florence
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Wow. I won this book in a giveaway on Goodreads and was NOT disappointed! I absolutely loved it and I can't wait to rush out to buy the next one in a whole year): Now it was difficult in the beginning for me to read and I trudge my way through the first chapter or two but I think it was because the reading for me was more challenging then anything else. I love it though. Going on my favorites shelf!<3.

(view spoiler)
Cami
I wasn't sure that I was really going to like this one much but I found myself riveted to the story. Merewen is a strong female character who is quite selfless and caring of her people, horses, and the Warriors. The Warriors start out very remote but find themselves caring about Merewen and others of her people. Part of the story is predictable and I think I can see the direction this series is taking, but I still am anxious to read the next book in the series. Sadly I'll have to wait at least ...more
Country Goose
Apr 03, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The entire book, I felt like I was in some kind of horrible, nerdy Dungeons and Dragons Role Play... I rolled a 7 and narrowly blocked your spell, though I hit you with a counter spell, rendering you paralyzed, causing you to miss your next roll. I truly struggled to keep reading, and I do not want to read the next.
ExtremeBibliophile
A generic romance that I read out of desperation while between books, and while the he'in and she'in was fairly muted (held off until around page 220 or so which was surprising to me), there was little to no in-depth details about the Mage themselves, no references to indigenous cultures, magic, religion, spirit animals, etc, that would have lifted this above the formulaic romantic genre.
Kei
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 英語-english
Remarkably simple fantasy romance with knights, horses, animal companions, disgusting villains, and mleh ending

I couldn't stop thinking that this book held striking resemblance to something I would write when I was about 13-15 y.o. It ticked all those points - a heroine with magic power related to horses, a handsome knight on a black horse, an instant romance with the aforementioned knight, a group of overly protective and honorable warriors with animal companions, etc.
Unfortunately though, the
Linda Gavino
This book started with five hardened warriors staring down their summoner, a self-sacrificing, noblewoman who ... fainted. I knew then that this book probably wasn't for me, and indeed I skimmed the rest and my eyes got quite a workout from all their rolling. The heroine, whose name already eludes me, is annoyingly saintly. Her only motivation is to help others, and yet she's so singularly selfless that it's unbelievable. She'll take beatings for people, do stupid things to help people bathe, ...more
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019

The secondary characters kept me interested enough to finish the book. I'll read the remainder of the series (since I'm invested now) with hope that the other books will be better.

I found myself drifting often while reading this book, usually thinking about how elementary some of the dialogue was or about anything but the book. Between rereading pages and boredom, it took me forever to finish (however in book terms to me forever is 3 days).

The writing seemed almost childish, the story
 ♥ Suger Honey ♥
So so so good there isn't anything that isn't brilliant about this book it's grown up, adventure,alpha men , magic and really really good dialogue between the characters, all the damed and the rest of the castle where great I can only give this book 6 perfect stars yep iam going to read the rest but after reading this we all want to read about Kane and hob lol x
Emilie
Apr 01, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Stopped reading at (view spoiler)

Tessa Hamberlin
Overall I thought this book was lacking quite a bit. I was bored and had to convince myself to finish the last 100 pages. There was a lack of chemistry and I didnt like how it kept skipping between the characters. So meh is my review. ...more
Raygina
Overall it wasn't bad. I did like it and will probably read the rest of the series. It was like someone was asked to put as many fantasy tropes in one book as possible, but to not go really in depth into any of them.
Damyanti Biswas
Pretty ho-hum, but smooth writing, and great for a light read/ distraction.
Amanda
Not that memorable. Towards the end I skimmed some to just finish it. Probably won't continue the series.

_Rd in PVD and on a plane somewhere (to PVD I think...)
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Mystic and Rider (Twelve Houses, #1)
  • A Sorceress of His Own (The Gifted Ones, #1)
  • The Mage's Daughter (Nine Kingdoms, #2)
  • Pathfinder's Way (The Broken Lands, #1)
  • Vengeance Born (The Light Blade, #1)
  • Star of the Morning (Nine Kingdoms, #1)
  • Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1)
  • The Mark of the Tala (The Twelve Kingdoms, #1)
  • Warprize  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #1)
  • Entreat Me
  • Warsworn  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #2)
  • Firelight (Darkest London, #1)
  • The Winter King (Weathermages of Mystral, #1)
  • A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #1)
  • Radiance (Wraith Kings, #1)
  • Impossible Things
  • Warlord  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #3)
  • Princess of the Sword (Nine Kingdoms, #3)
Alexis Morgan grew up near St. Louis and received a B.A. in English from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. She and her husband have made the Pacific Northwest their home for more than thirty years, where she launched her career as a writer. She is published in paranormal romance, fantasy romance, American West historicals, and most recently, contemporary romances with her new Snowberry Creek ...more

Warriors of the Mist (3 books)
  • Her Knight's Quest (Warriors of the Mist, #2)
  • Honor's Price (Warriors of the Mist, #3)

News & Interviews