Start by marking “A Shred of Truth” as Want to Read:
A Shred of Truth

A Shred of Truth

(Aramis Black Mysteries #2)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  82 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
In The Best of Evil, Aramis Black uncovered family secrets and historical conspiracies, hoping that his own dark past had come to certain resolution. But now, in the dark of night, he finds his brother unconscious and tied to a statue in Nashville's Music Row ...with the initials AX carved into his back.

A shadow from his former life has reappeared, casting threats of viole
Published July 17th 2007 by Waterbrook Press

To ask other readers questions about A Shred of Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Shred of Truth

Todd Greene
Aug 01, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: adults, teens
We first met Aramis Black in The Best of Evil (An Aramis Black Mystery). We learned of his dark past, his tattooed forearms a constant reminder. Live By The Sword, Die By The Sword. After experiencing divine intervention at gunpoint, Aramis turned his life over to God. He moves far away from his former life and now reads the Bible, prays, runs a coffee shop--a tribute to his late mother.

And his past came back to haunt him.

As book two, A Shred of Truth, unfolds, Aramis learns there's more past to
J.S. Bailey
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I totally love Aramis Black.

I would write a longer review, but I am sleepy and my brain doesn't want to function right now. Perhaps I will add more later when I am more awake. :)

UPDATE

Aramis Black is a man trying to turn his life around. He used to be part of an anarchist group and led a violent lifestyle involving drugs, but after a religious epiphany he decided to move to Nashville to live with his brother and start over anew.

The reason I like Aramis's character is because the circumstances
Michael
Feb 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, read-in-2009
Aramis Black is a private detective working in Music City USA (aka Nashville, TN). In this previous novel (which is referred to early and often in this book), he tracked down a family treasure and had a variety of adventures. Now he's back, helping his brother celebrate the release of his new CD and on the trail of a new threat. This time, the connection is a bit closer to home for Black, who is quickly pulled into a web of conspiracy and deceit.

"A Shred of Truth" has its moments and I genuinel
Philip
Melissa
Mar 26, 2008 rated it liked it
Aramis thinks long presumed dead mother might be alive. Gets sent on a cat and mouse chase. Lots of dialogue that isn't labeled, difficult to follow because I had to keep backtracking to find out who was saying what.
Lisa
Sep 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
I liked this book better than the first. The ending surprised me, and it made me think.
Elisabeth Knopp
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Although I like Eric Wilson as an author, this book seemed to be kinda random in its plot. It gives you bits and pieces of clues in a random assortment throughout the book, but does it in an way that seems to be rather ADD in its prime suspect. It ties it all in rather well at the end, but it often leaves you wondering whether Aramis is hallucinating or not. It is very unrealistic in that his mom was alive the whole time and she didn’t try to contact them ever.

The basis of the book is that Ara
Jessica
Jun 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I didn't want to put the book down! Eric Wilson is a phenomenal writer. This was the first suspenseful mystery I've read in years. I really think teenage boys would like this book, and they don't usually like reading, so that says a lot.
Nike Chillemi
Oct 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: detective-sleuth
Same charming MC as THE BEST OF EVIL, this time trying to stop a killer, but always a step behind.
Joe
Jan 06, 2015
Diana
Jul 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

Eric Wilson is a NY Times bestselling author, known for novels that explore Earth's tension between heaven and hell. His novelization, SAMSON, will be available January 2018. His last suspense novels, ONE STEP AWAY and TWO SECONDS LATE, were ultramodern twists on biblical t

Aramis Black Mysteries (2 books)
  • The Best of Evil
“As fallible humans, we usually slip too far over one edge or the other - all wrath and judgment or all grace and love.” 39 likes