Start by marking “The Krishna Key” as Want to Read:
The Krishna Key

The Krishna Key

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  14,943 ratings  ·  1,430 reviews
Five thousand years ago, there came to earth a magical being called Krishna, who brought about innumerable miracles for the good of mankind. Humanity despaired of its fate if the Blue God were to die but was reassured that he would return in a fresh avatar when needed in the eventual Dark Age—the Kaliyug.

In modern times, a poor little rich boy grows up believing that he is
Paperback, 1st Edition, 475 pages
Published August 24th 2012 by Westland

To ask other readers questions about The Krishna Key, please sign up.
Saurabh Das Amish Tripathi did an excellent job in portraying Lord Shiva as a mortal. As a man with his own limitations and excellence. Which worked for the…moreAmish Tripathi did an excellent job in portraying Lord Shiva as a mortal. As a man with his own limitations and excellence. Which worked for the readers.

Ashwin Sanghi's research is good, but the use of plots and characters seems like the usual stuff and surprisingly the Rozaball Line and Krishna Key tends to feel like Dan Brown's book. (less)
Anand Tripathi Well, The Krishna Key is certainly his best work. Infact, it is not a good read at all. However, I have read Chanakya's Chant. Thats a far better book…moreWell, The Krishna Key is certainly his best work. Infact, it is not a good read at all. However, I have read Chanakya's Chant. Thats a far better book than The Krishna Key.

At the same time, Dan Brown books are ofcourse better than any of Ashwin Sanghi books.(less)

·  14,943 ratings  ·  1,430 reviews

Samadrita
One has got to be living under a rock for the past decade to miss all the glaring similarities this book has with Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons.

Academician in his 40s as the central character - check
An ancient secret relating to history and mythology - check
Macabre deaths of scientists/other academics - check
Beautiful female sidekick - check
Religious symbolism - check
Solving secret codes, puzzles - check
Anagrams - check
Delusional, (not very) psychopathic killer - check
Unlik
Mith
I hadn't read any of Sanghi's books before picking this up, but if his writing skills in the Krishna Key is anything to go by, then I can safely say I dodged a couple of bullets. I won't waste space pointing out the innumerable similarities between the Krishna Key and the Da Vinci Code, as it's been done to death by the other reviewers on Goodreads. Instead, let me put together a list (in no particular order) of stray observations I made while reading this book. It's going to be a LONG one, so p ...more
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
Do you know what is Lord Krishna’s best kept secret? Well, there are 4 seals which once put together will point you towards that secret. Professor Varshney is one of the few who knows about this secret and he has a safety net. He had sent the clues to the secret to four of his most trusted friends. When he is murdered, the safety of this secret lies in the hands of those four people, but even they are turning up dead.

When bodies start dropping around him, Professor Saini is one of the main suspe
Confirmed Neurotic
Oct 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
"The Krishna Key" is an utter waste of time. Before I started this book I was told that the writer has two bestsellers about Christ and Chanakya in his resume`. Moreover my interest was also piqued by the YouTube advertisement of the book that popped up a few times when I was trying to watch some popular videos. So I got this book from Delhi Railway station during my recent Delhi-Mumbai journey, mainly because I shuddered at the thought of a dreadful 24 hour journey in an equally horrible train, ...more
Vani
Dec 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Five thousand years ago, Krishna, the eighth avatar of Lord Vishnu left a legacy, one that will befuddle men for ages, until one man decides to unravel this secret. Anil Varshney is an archaeologist and seems to have made some headway by discovering four seals belonging to that era; the seals fit into a ceramic base plate and taken together point to the source code of this age old secret— together they constitute ‘The Krishna Key’. Not wanting to risk the discovery of all the seals at one place, ...more
Alpa Dedhia
Sep 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Now I was going to start my review with

*Drumrolls* Ladies and Gentlemen ,may I present to you Indian Da Vinci Code and was stumped when everybody on the blogosphere said so. So no point in talking more on it.

The book is divided into 108 chapters and each chapter starts with 108 shlokas which tell us the story of Krishna. After these shlokas, the present day story continues.

Now, on the plot. Krishna has been the most intriguing God in Indian Mythology. He has left 4 seals which when brought toget
Dimple
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"The Krishna key" came to my rescue through a newspaper, read reviews and decided to read it. The notion about this book and Ashwin Sanghi that it's an Indian version of Dan Brown's work, is absolutely correct but this fact doesnt make the work of Sanghi inferior in any manner! Infact, the INDIAN thing made it much more interesting as we could relate to everything.

This story is based on our Ancestral Hero KRISHNA and it clears all the misgivings that has been there regarding MAHABHARAT and it's
Vikas Singh

Background:

Ashwin Sanghi, as it is being referred to for some time now, is the Dan Brown of Indian adventure, and this book puts a stamp on it. :) After two bestselling titles, Rozabal Line (2007) and Chanakya's Chant (2010), The Krishna Key (2012) is his 3rd book, all of them under adventure genre.

Characters:

Prof. and Historian Ravi Mohan Saini is the protagonist of this novel. Juvenile Priya is his associate. History is in their genes. Then comes Inspector Radhika, a toughened-up cop after fam
Anand
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the first novel by the author that I read. It did not disappoint! The storyline and plot is extremely imaginative, though I could not help seeing similarities between this work and Dan Brown's the da Vinci Code. Obviously, it is not to say that this is in anyway unoriginal.

The storytelling and narrative is extremely fast paced, taut and smooth, and the book flies. The way the author has juxtaposed ancient Hindu scriptures and believes into modern day notions of science almost beguiles th
Simran Khurana
Jan 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-midway
I must admit that I picked up this book despite reading the reviews by other readers on Good Reads. Why did I do so? Well, I am a history buff, a conspiracy theory fan, and revel in Indian literature. I had already read Rosabal Line and Chanakya's Chant by Ashwin Sanghi, so I thought, 'Heck, how bad could it be?'
Well, I was wrong. Mr. Sanghi plummets to new depths, probably deeper than the submerged site of Dwarka. I have read up to page 120 and I decided that enough is enough. I couldn't go on
Pratul Bagri
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Ashwin Sanghi's latest not only disappoints but also bores the living out of me. It is a heartbreak in comparison to Chanakya's Chant which made me a Sanghi fan in first place. Sanghi has surely done a lot of research and he has lot more to tell.
The story basically seems like his research paper with characters and Dan Brown plot. He bombards the readers with loads of information at every chance he gets which makes his character seem odd and out of element.

The way he takes symbolism from one m
Pragya
Sep 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Dan Brown Books Lovers
Ok, I’m done, finally. Yay, kudos to me. ‘Why’, you ask? Well, reading a 500 pager in a week along with 4-5 other books is no mean feat, my dear. And that too when this one didn’t start on a very positive note for me.

Ok, I will say this loud and clear. Though I am Indian, I have some problem with Indian writing style. Somehow it doesn’t make for a quick, smooth reading for me which is why I avoid reading much from Indian authors. So when I am reading this one along with 4-5 international ones, i
Shravanthi
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Krishna key is a book that everyone must experience once. It was an amazing read right from the beginning till the end , without a moment of ennui. Though I have to agree with the popular opinion , that the book is loaded with innumerable facts that one cannot digest in the first read, I have to say that this was what kept the plot going. Prof. Saini wouldn't be qualified enough if he wasn't aware of the significance of 108, or of Kailash.(view spoiler) ...more
Darshana Unnikrishnan
i can only say that i somehow finished this book. i started the book with high expectations. though i haven't read Ashwin Sanghi's earlier books, i had heard good reviews about them. So when i got this book as a gift i decided to read it.

Now, the book is a pure fiction and one should appreciate the author for the extensive research he has done before writing the book. the references for this book is given at the end of the book. In spite of having done all this research i would say that the auth
Aparna
Sep 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Ok..firstly i am definetly very disappointed with the book . I was so looking forward to read it and when i read it turned out to be a mojor disappointment ! People call him the Dan Brown of India but please i beg to differ i seriously don't think so. Yeh he has put a lot of effort in the research department and maybe for that i would give him credit .
The characters are a little stilted, the writing tedious, but the story still manages to thrill (just a bit).This book wasn’t all perfect though.
Riju Ganguly
Jul 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is undoubtedly one of the worst books that I have EVER read.
Formatted like a Dan Brown thriller, peopled by caricatures and two-dimensional characters, and (dis?)graced by probably the worst literary style, this was a complete drag from start to finish. Within half an hour of beginning, I had guessed the antagonists, and spent the rest of the book trying to find out whether it was worse than some of my Chemistry textbooks of University days, or not.
It was.
Beware. If you are interested in le
Karthick
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mahabharatha is science! yes.
Ashwin sanghi did a lot of reasearch. lot of scientific and historical stuffs..

Though the story plot/theme goes as same as like Dan brown's novel and climax was pretty simple and you would feel is " that's it"??

BARC layout with Shiva Linga shape,
Taj Mahal - A hindu temple?,
The no "108" -Sacred number of Hinduism links with Everything..,
7 chakras - 7 notes of melody - 7 spectrum from white light (prism),
Om - The Universal Sound.

ufffffffffff.. I'm impressed.

Please re
Mukesh
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Short review: Well researched book on Krishna and India, a tad too detailed, but definitely cannot be missed.

video review here

Detailed one

The author, Ashwin Sanghi, is doing a fab job of publicizing the book across all channels. I loved the book trailer, here it is

Ashwin has Masters degree from Yale University and is currently pursuing PhD in Creative Writing. Hence, I picked up the book for review.

The book is a little long one, 465 pages. It’s style in such a way that there are two stories goin
Selva Subramanian
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
This is my first Ashwin Sanghi. I always see his books at bookstores but somehow the idea of mixing a thriller with mythology didn't appeal to me. This one was the best book available at the book swap space at a lit fest and so it was like it had to come to me.
To be honest, I wasn't very disappointed. Like many others have pointed out it is a lot like The DaVinci code. Substitute Hindu mythology for Christian mythology and a professor of history + a sidekick on the run across North India chasi
Varunsp
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my second novel by the author. Ofcourse there are similarities between "The Krishna Key" and Dan Brown's "The da Vinci Code", that doesn't mean its a bad read. The author has put a lot of effort in the researching and one can see it throughout the book and there are facts that every Indian should know.
The protagonist is Ravi Mohan Saini, a historian who is accused of murdering his close friend over an ancient artifact which is eventually a part of the mythical "Philosopher's Stone". The
Neeleisch G
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is the best work of the author Ashwin Sanghi. A gripping hunt for the precious stone of around five thousand years old. Here we are witnessing Krishna era blends with today's era. A complete hunt for the the stone leads us to the monument which is an unimaginable thing of the book.

Surely a must read for mythological fiction lovers.
Nikhil Harindranath
Dec 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Introduction:
This is definitely not the first review of The Krishna Key that you have read. There are thousands out there - All you have to do is to "Google it"! And there is a reason for that - It is Good! But then how good is it depends entirely on you! Let me make it clear right at the start - It is not a book for everyone!

Synopsis: (Spoiler-alert!)
Bhavin Antala
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Till the date of today my favourite book was ANGELS & DEMONS by DAN BROWN but From Now it's Krishna key.

The rhetorical tone of analysis, information and thriller fiction go but a little way in describing The Krishna Key.

Sanghi, towards the end of his triad makes a splendid job by painting the Indian subcontinent in the light of historical fiction interspersed by archaeological and cryptic analysis.

The thriller opens with a gruesome murder and goes on describing a deadly plot, with a fanati
Ritika Gupta
Nov 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
They always say learn by other people's experience and when you don't pay heed to such advice, you end up reading stuff like Krishna Key. Having read negative reviews, I thought maybe the readers are being overly critical and with an impressive Colophon I found the book irresistible. But I guess that Colophon was the only good thing about the book. The idea of someone thinking of himself as the Kalki avataar seemed intriguing, and having a high interest in mythological fiction, I started this bo ...more
Sai Sasidhar
Aug 27, 2012 rated it liked it
The Key Seems Lost !!

Having read his previous books The Rozabal Line and Chanikya's Chant, I did expect a lot from this book hoping to find some conspiracy theories and untold tales about Lord Krishna. But this book turns out to be a slightly less than what I have expected.

Ashwin Sanghi's style of developing a plot shares some similarities with Dan Brown's style for which Sanghi is called Dan Brown of India. Nevertheless, Sanghi managed to get readers attention with loads of interesting facts a
Manikanta Avinash
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-a-copy
I was skeptical as to whether he is trying really hard to become Dan Brown of India. turns out it is true! But I really liked how well he tried to build up the premise and how much research he has done. Though he is not an author who can engage you in general, the story will help you to peg on.
The only complaint I have is how he is closely following Dan Brown . A mercenary, a secret group, a professor of history....everything is eerily similar to Brown's style of writing. But I like how he tri
Devdoot De Roy
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just one word for this one - Awesome!!!
Really well written....some mind-boggling revelations (dont know whether they are true or not but still)
One thing which I really liked about this book is that in the beginning of every chapter, the story of Krishna is written in a short and concise way.
It was really a great learning experience too as I didnt know most of the things written about Krishna and Mahabharata (I really felt guilty sometimes while reading as I didnt know about one of the greatest e
Priyadarsini
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
பெரும சகதியையும மாறறததை தரவலலதுமான பொருளை அது மறைதது வைககபபடடிருககும இடததிலிருநது வெளிக கொணடு வர முறபடும வேளையில எதிரகொளளும போராடடஙகள பெரும மாறறததைக கொணடு வநது அபபொருளை விட மறைபொருளாக இருககும சூடசமததின மூலததை அதைத தேடிக கொணடிருபபவரகளுககு விளககிவிடும.

சரிததிர நாயகனான கணணன வைததிருநத சமநதகமணியைக கணடுபிடிககும முயறசியில இருககும கூடடம அதை மறைதது வைததிருககும இடததை அடையாளபபடுததும முததிரைகளைக கணடுபிடிதத ஆராயாசசியாளனை கொனறு விடடு அதைக கையகபபடுததிக கொளகிறது.

வரலாறறு பேராசிரியரான ரவி ஆராயசசியாளரான தன நணபன வரஷ
D.J.Vasudevan
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sreeramprasath R K
I grabbed this book owing to the genre- Mythology + History = Mystery.

This book speaks Mahabharatham and present day hunt for the secret left over by Lord Krishna in parallel fashion. Starting with Indus valley civilization(Saraswati civilization), the author goes on and on touching the most controversial theories ever heard off regarding Hindu mythology.

Abraham- put the 'A' as last, you will get Brahama

Impressive points:
1.Shiva lingam at Mecca's Kabba- Man! I was literally blown away when the a
Harish Challapalli
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: history lovers, fiction lovers,
Recommended to Harish by: Nimal Prashanth
This is the second book of Ashwin Sanghi I read after Chanakya's Chant. I must say I am more than impressed with his interest to write about our history, culture in a more sophisticated and logical way possible.

The Krishna Key is a compilation of many historical incidents, scientific researches with some fiction out of the author's imagination. The extensive research done by the author shows his commitment for giving a perfect output. The entire book goes on with a rapid pace except for the sub

• The Bankster
  • Govinda (The Aryavarta Chronicles, #1)
  • The Treasure of Kafur
  • The Taj Conspiracy (Mehrunisa Trilogy, #1)
  • Tantra (The Anu Files, #1)
  • Wise Enough to be Foolish
  • R.I.P
  • The Mine
  • English Bites! My 'Fullproof' English Learning Formula
  • Bridge of Rama (Ramayana, #5)
  • The Homing Pigeons...
  • Asura: Tale Of The Vanquished
Ashwin Sanghi—entrepreneur by day, novelist by night—has all the usual qualifications of an Indian businessman. Schooling at the Cathedral & John Connon School, a B.A. (Economics) from St. Xavier’s College, and an M.B.A. (Finance) from the Yale School of Management. Besides being a businessman, Ashwin manages a parallel career as writer of fiction. Ashwin’s first novel, ‘The Rozabal Line’ was ...more
“Vish, the creator; and Shiv, the destroyer, are simply two faces of the very same coin.” 30 likes
“The Divine is simply that which science has not yet explained. In effect, God = Infinity - Human Knowledge.” 23 likes