Start by marking “this i know: Sarah's Confession” as Want to Read:

this i know: Sarah's Confession

A recluse emerges from the backwoods on the eve of his son's romantic, southern wedding. Dinner spirals into chaos when the self-proclaimed prophet announces he hears spiritual messages straight from God. The voices tell him to prepare the way for the end of the world. His disturbing words find foothold in undeniable facts as disbelief dissolves into terror. Those who gath ...more
Published June 29th 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published June 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about this i know, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about this i know

Gabrielle Poplar
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Exciting Read

A family gathered for a wedding in the South, and like most large families, individuals representing the broad sphere of filial relationships were ably represented in the author's depiction of the events. The vibrant young, the cultured and sophisticated middle aged, and the respectable old. Add to that the inconvinient preacher uncle and the loony relative.

The day of the wedding, the world came to an end, and the loony relative had all the answers and plans
Danica Alexander
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
The first thing I'd probably like to mention is that it has it's good and bad points, just like any book. Let me just say that this book is very much a religious themed one. It begins rather innocuously, but very quickly takes you upon a very dark and twisty path that ends in apocalyptic form. The ending of the book was what i shall call "disturbing" and typically I don't like disturbing books, I'll be honest. I'm a fan of the neat and tidy all-bows-tied in a knot bit. But it was a thought provo ...more
J. Luis Licea
Nov 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Monique
Sep 30, 2012 rated it did not like it
I should have given up two chapters in. The writing was clunky. The story was poorly developed and badly executed. There were too many characters, and I never did figure out how old they all were or how they were all related. Yes, it was explained in the beginning. There was also a family tree in the beginning, but I felt like it could have been made clearer.

Also, this was a religious book. In the description, it does say that one of the characters was hearing voices from God, but th
Joseph
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reba Ponder Weiss
this i know: Sarah's Confession

I really enjoyed reading this wonderfully written book. Reba's descriptive writing style is what brings "Life" to this story. I was immediately drawn in right from the beginning. The strong but fragile mother Nola, sitting around the table in the early morning with her three loving daughters.
Christine
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-kindle
I'm surprised how much I enjoyed this book. If I had known what it was really about, I probably wouldn't have read it, and that would be my loss.

I download several free books a day, so by the time I get around to reading some, I don't even recall why I downloaded them, and just decide what to read next by the title, cover, etc. Imagine my surprise! LOL

I also LOATHE religious books, but didn't find this one to be "religious" as other reviewers said. Morality, yes, but religious? (The
Rhonda Rae Baker
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
I could not get into this at all...too many characters and ramblings...unbelievable and inconsistent. Not sure I'll go back to it, too many other books out there that are written well. Sorry!
Liz Keegans
Oct 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Not really my kinda read but I enjoyed most of the book. I was disappointed in the ending.
Deborah
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
one of the best books I have read in year!! could not put it down!!!
Wendy
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite books!
Jayne
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
In the Deep South, a lavish wedding is being prepared, and the family is bracing themselves to be discended upon by their Yankee soon to be in-laws. The most dire thing on anyone's mind is will Clyde, the strange father of the groom, turn up and cause havoc with his claims that he can hear voices from God.

Of course, he does just that, and as he is trying to tell them that they must up-sticks, leave everything and follow him into the mountains to live in a cave, the earthquake happens
Tricia
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I thoroughly enjoyed this book and it's the best thing I've read in awhile. It is technically Christian fiction (not a genre I typically read) but not overtly religious, pushy or cheesy. It's a post-apocalyptic book that involves several families who miss the rapture and unite to take refuge in a cave at the beginning of the end of the world. What follows is touching, amazing and horrific. They become survivalists and form their own government and rules, as well as pecking order. Somewhat h ...more
Sue
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
As an avid reader for any years, it is hard for an author to surprise me, even in the plots of many mysteries. I so enjoyed the surprises in this unusual story. This book and the way the author pulled me through the story was well done and the unusual plot unfolded in a compelling manner.

While there were a few moments where i had to suspend my practical nature, I found that many chapters later, it all made sense. The author unfolded each character as if peeling an orange, and eventua
Jaden
Sep 22, 2014 rated it liked it
This was an interesting read, and I did like it overall... However it had a LOT of spelling and typographic errors which kind of drew away from the content of the novel. I liked the way she explored survival after a catastrophic world event, and the characters were pretty well fleshed out- I was able to keep track of who was who, even though there were over 30 somewhat central characters. I did enjoy most of it. There was a definite religious undertone in the novel, and I found the ending to be ...more
emily k stephens
Outstanding. Fabulous. Riveting.

I chose this rating because there were only 5 stars allowed. I have read Ted Decker and many other similar authors. never have I enjoyed the writing as much. I am about to read a sequel. Cannot wait. feel like I am waiting for another thrill ride. this book was free. best money I never spent. I am sure there are those less enthusiastic. To each his own.
try it I believe you will like it. It drops from the clouds like a tornado. It is like a Ferris wheel stalled at
Linette Blaszak
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I read on my new kindle and it was a nice easy read. At times a little disturbing but overall a good book and I enjoyed it. Made me think about how the world really will end and if people will really survive.
Annette Olsen
Oct 05, 2012 rated it liked it
A small group of family and friends follow an apparent madman, who claims he has seen a vision to shelter during what appears to be the end of the world. Was he inspired or have they become the victim of a manipulative power play? The results are troubling. An dark but interesting story.
Karlie
Dec 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
Somehow this was rated as Christian fiction but it is not . And in fact....as a Christian., this book would have been better left unread.
Tricia
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Pretty good. This book needs some editing. Early on I was afraid this book would be lame with all the Southern stuff, but finishing it paid off. Overall a good plot.
Maria Petrillo
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting story right from the beginning. How would you survive if something catastrophic happened on earth? I only deducted one star because I did not like the ending, though it is worth reading.
Sherry