Start by marking “EPIC: Legacy” as Want to Read:
EPIC: Legacy

EPIC: Legacy

(Epic #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Almost a billion people have simply vanished in the last six months.
Deacon’s mother sends him to stay with his eccentric uncle Evon in an effort to keep him safe. Upon his arrival, he learns that his uncle is more than a little on the strange side, he was once a legendary hero.
At first Deacon is reluctant to believe his uncle’s stories, but after meeting his brownie butl
Published 2012 by createspace

To ask other readers questions about EPIC, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about EPIC

Taisie
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Epic: Legacy is the first book in a terrific fantasy series. Deacon McTaggart has been sent to Scotland to live with his uncle because of strange happenings on Earth. What he doesn't know is that even weirder things are going to occur and his life will take a whole new turn.
I really liked all the characters in this book. They have little quirks but they are interesting. The story itself is fast-paced and the world-building is detailed and absorbing. There are aspects of Celtic mythology incorpor
Paul Hosler
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Justin Osborne for this fun adventure! I couldn't put it down, and that is a rare thing these days. The book needs a few edits here and there but nothing major -- basic typos but just a small handful. I can't wait to find out what Deacon's next trip to Avalon has in store for him. Good thing I don't have to wait, I already have Exodus loaded up and ready to read.
Shawn Reilly
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Two things remain consistent in the life of Deacon McTaggart, One—every day that he wakes up more and more men vanish from the Earth, and two—he knows he’s standing in line with a sign on his forehead, that says ‘me next.’ In an effort to protect him Deacon’s mother sends him to stay with his uncle in Scotland who he hasn’t seen since he was a boy of five.
Uncle Evon has a brownie for a butler, a dwarf for a mate, and he has a dragon head mounted in his foyer, along with various other creatures
Angela
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
People are disappearing; more specifically men between the ages of 15 and 55. They aren't just wandering away or getting lost, kidnapped or murdered. Their entire bodies are disappearing into a whiff of smoke, leaving only their clothes behind. No one knows where they are going or if they are coming back. But 17 year old Deacon McTaggart's mom has decided that she isn't going to take any chances with him disappearing. She has decided to send him to his uncle Evon's home in Scotland. Evon has pro ...more
D'eBook  Sharing
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked Justin Osborne's style of writing when I read "Bitter Fruit: A Taste Of The Antholocaust" and "The Punishment Due" so I was really looking forward to reading the rest of his books. I was fortunate enough to win "Epic: Legacy" in a competition held by Justin. Now, having read his fantasy work, I LOVE Justin Osborne's style of writing.

Earth's population is under threat from an unknown entity as males start vanishing into thin air, and people nicknamed "Transients" have started to ap
Michael Loring
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
EPIC: Legacy is the first book in Author Justin Osborne’s EPIC series, and begins the journey of protagonist Deacon McTaggart.

The world is facing a crisis. The men are disappearing with no explanation to be given and the population is dwindling rapidly. Already a few billion have gone. Everyone is scared, as they should be. Deacon’s mother is given word by his uncle that they need to join him in Scotland to stay safe from what may come of this catastrophe. When Deacon arrives he discovers that h
Fiona Wilson
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
Review of Epic : Legacy by Justin Osborne

As a child I loved stories such as Tales of the Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton, and as a young adult books such as Magic Kingdom For Sale - Sold by Terry Brooks. I have always loved stories about far away lands, access being gained by some magical route.

This story reminded me so much of these books which I read way back when!

The main character is Deacon, a young man sent to live with his uncle Evon in Scotland. His mum sends him away to protect him from a s
Caffee K.
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Justin takes the old “end of the world” tale and tips it on its ear in a fun, unexpected way. The world building in the mundane world is minimal, though worth every word he gives it. Quick sketches draw a vibrant image of the setting you find yourself in. The world building in the faerie world is more in depth and yet still leaves areas you want to go explore. Both worlds have a rich, vibrant feel to them. There are strange creatures in Avalon, and while there’s a quick sketch, I felt a little l ...more
Crystal Marie
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I first started reading this book, I was unsure of if I would be able to finish reading it. The blurb piqued my interest from the start, so I was excited when I started. However, the first few chapters had me wondering if maybe my blurb-radar was off. However, I will always try to finish what I start and in the case of this book, it ended up paying off.

In the beginning of this book, there was a lot of information throw at you at once. It took me a couple times reading through what was bei
N.A. Wetzel
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The title should say it all...

Epic: Legacy is the first book in this series and it lived up to its name to say the least. A flaming puppy with spunk, a bashful beautiful giant, and the troubled teen from earth that grows into a hero, these characters make this story worth reading. A caste of side characters that make this well rounded and worth your eyes reading over more than once. I should know.
Different, interesting, captivating, beautiful, funny and adventurous are just some of the words to
Theresa
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Something is happening around the world and cannot be explained. Men are just up and disappearing; not just walking away but actually disappearing from the face of the earth. It seems most men between the ages of 15 and 55 are drastically disappearing.

Janyce McTaggart was very worried about her son Deacon; he had just graduated from High School and was very afraid he could be next! So she made plans to send Deacon to Scotland to live with his Uncle, Evon McTaggart and his mother was to follow in
Richard Knight
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I usually don't like reading books on my phone, but Justin Osborne's EPIC: Legacy, hit all the right notes and was easy to read (It doesn't hurt that the text is big and well-suited for my Android phone). The story concerns a very scary prospect-What if men started just disappearing into thin air? What transpires is a grand epic starring a likeable protagonist named Deacon who has the kind of spunk and kindess you find in the best kinds of heroes. And he needs it for the adventure he goes on onc ...more
S. Michael
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this book and didn't put it down once. It had a nice flow/pace to the entire story. Started a little slow, and offered a lot of info up front, just to quickly introduce you to the "universe" but it kept gaining momentum and didn't stop until the end, thankfully of which; sets up book 2. The characters were introduced nicely, and the main ones "grew" as the story progressed. Definitely want to read the following 3 books that are planned.

As for writing style, in the back of my he
Susan
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
The book started off slowly and it took a few chapters to begin to figure out what was going on. Deacon, who just graduated from High School goes to Scotland to live with his Uncle Evon. There he is introduced to fairies, brownies, and other creatures that he previously thought only existed in fairy tales. Add to that the millions of men around the world who have vanished and a fairy realm that is disappearing. The story was okay but typical for the genre.
Debra
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This ebook was given to me by the author in exchange for a review. I wasn't disappointed as the characters were interesting and well developed! There was lots of interesting adventures and places as well as people! The story was not predictable and kept my interest. All the characters were original and had their own unique personalities and mannerisms! The two different worlds were brought together in an interesting way! It is a must read and you won't be disappointed!
Rebecca Larsen
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing

5 Star

An exciting adventure into a new world. Justin did an excellent job with this one. Great character interaction and an exciting plot will keep you wanting to know what happens next. You wont be disappointed in this book. A little something for everyone - romance, paranormal, adventure, mystery. I hope Justin writes more of this type of book, I was hooked from the moment I started reading.
Malinda
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Osborne is very detailed with his writing and as expected I was not disappointed! Everything played out like a movie in my head. Deacon has wit, compassion, and cynicism. Ardron, the villain has arrogance. Both amazing well written characters. The story was also very unique. Osborne takes what was real and interwove it with fantasy. If you haven't read this yet you should! You will not be disappointed unless, you're one of those uptight stick in the mud.
Lindy Spencer
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun read. I really enjoyed the characters, their interaction, and the different worlds. I found that the characters were all three-dimensional to me; even with the volume of people and animals, I was able to keep them straight and enjoyed the journey with them.

I'm looking forward to reading the other books in this series - while the story leaves off at a good place, I know there's so much more to come!!!

Amy
Jul 15, 2012 rated it liked it
This book is in bad need of an editor. The grammar, spelling, and format needs to be polished. I believe, so far, if the author would edit out the profanity he could market this book to younger readers as well.
Nikki Maynardskaggs
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love this kind of book, it takes you to a magical place with faeries and brownies. Its a good read
Ashley Vorheese
Jennifer Kelly-Watt
Aug 12, 2016
Redhawtmella
Sep 26, 2012
Mad Giles (Giles A. Madding)
Sep 01, 2014
Tabitha Johnston
rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2015
Andrea
rated it did not like it
Jun 15, 2013

Epic (2 books)
  • EPIC: Exodus (EPIC, #2)