Start by marking “Sex and Cocktails” as Want to Read:
Sex and Cocktails

Sex and Cocktails

Daniel Rawlings is happy with his nine-to-five life in Chicago. He has an office job, a mortgage and he's about to turn thirty. He's happy...or so he thought. During the last night of a sun-filled vacation in Miami, he meets wild haired, free-spirited Ty. With the help of some summery cocktails, Daniel and Ty embark on a passionate one night stand, though the day after nei ...more
Published July 28th 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sex and Cocktails, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex and Cocktails

Mandy*reads obsessively*
Daniel meets Ty on his last night of vacation.
I liked that he wasn't totally hot and thrilled with him from the first second, his mind sort of wandered and Ty had to work to get his attention.
Ty was more the pursuer and took the initiative to keep in contact. Daniel was more the realist and glass half empty to Ty's glass half full.
It was a sweet fun short read with a HFN ending.
Ami
Aug 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
Daniel's best friends were determined to get him laid on their vacation in Miami; and get laid Daniel did. He met Ty while drinking cocktail, he was drunk and horny, and one thing led to another, and both had sex in a dark alley. Then it was morning, Daniel had a major hangover, but he found Ty there on his bed. The two men decided to give long distance relationship a try -- and we moved from the hot Miami paradise to cold Chicago as Ty visited Daniel to resume what they had.

I'm not a
Tam
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This review can be found at Brief Encounters Reviews

Daniel has been dragged by his friends to Miami for vacation just before his 30th birthday with the intent of him finding some sex and sun. Daniel is quite determined he’s not playing their games. Sleeping his way through South Beach is not his idea of a good time. On this last night, they head to a bar and after a few too many virulently colored cocktails, he finds himself chatting with Ty. Ty is not his type. Ty is young, free-spirited, not a
Serena Yates
Sep 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
Love at first sight is a romantic notion that many may have, but only those whom it happens to actually believe and know it is possible. And even men in a situation that looks and feels like love at first sight, like Daniel and Ty, often let their rational minds take over, say "it can't happen", and walk away. Or try to walk away. In the case of Ty and Daniel, that didn’t work so well, which results in a fun story.

Daniel is normally a pretty serious guy. He has a job as a data analyst, a mortgag
Diane Adams
Aug 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story, and that's saying a lot coming from a person who staunchly believes longer is always better.

I spent a lovely afternoon with Meredith's boys and let them take me from the sunny beach of Florida to chilly windy Chicago. The love story is sweet and I found it believable despite the short time frame. I'm a hard sell on "Love at First Sight" But I bought into Ty and Daniel completely. They were wonderful together. The heat between them was steamy, but it was that other '
Barb Gilmour
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect and beautiful little story
R.J.
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sexy men and cocktails... ticks all my boxes... summer sun... and a HEA... *loves*
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
3 1/2 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Daniel is spending the last day of his vacation in a bar with his friends, when he is approached by Ty, who isn’t his usual type at all they have a passionate one night stand, but both want more, and Ty spends his vacation in Chicago with Daniel and now they have to decide what they want and can they really make it work with a thousand miles between them.

Meredith Russell has given us a great hot steamy hol
Serena Yates
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, read-2015
Love at first sight is a romantic notion that many may have, but only those whom it happens to actually believe and know it is possible. And even men in a situation that looks and feels like love at first sight, like Daniel and Ty, often let their rational minds take over, say "it can't happen", and walk away. Or try to walk away. In the case of Ty and Daniel, that doesn’t work so well, which results in a fun story.

Lucy
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

One thing about this story is that in order to really like it, you have to be okay with insta-love, because it’s a big deal here. Daniel and Ty literally knew each other for not even one full day (and for the night Daniel is trashed, and in the morning he’s hungover!). They talk of trying the long distance thing and making it work but the love happens right away. Since a friend of mine keeps assuring me that he and his husband happened exactly that way, I have
Georgine
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lovely read
Sharon
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
A wonderful, sweet story. Even though it was a short story, it had all the qualities I enjoy. Characters that I like. A lovely storyline. And a happy ending. Great job, Meredith!
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Daniel lived on the straight and narrow. He never takes risks. He works his nine to five job and thinks he's happy with his life. That is until he goes on vacation in Miami. He decides after a few cocktails that he needs to start living his life, not just existing in it. Whether it's the alcohol giving him a push or the sexy man sitting across from him, he makes a snap decision to live. It could be the best way to end a
Inked Reads
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
ThreeandHalfStars
This was a fun little flirty read. It had a few steamy scenes that were okay and the premise was sort of interesting. However, I just found there a lot of detail to be lacking in most of the story. I don't care for insta-love at all and that's totally what this was so maybe that's why I didn't care so much for it.

However I will say the writing was good and I enjoyed the story up until the whole 'I love this man' part. I do think that if the story had gone the way it was supposed
Rachael Orman
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ThreeandHalfStars

Andrea Goodell
Sorry, just couldn’t find the insta love connection that Daniel and Ty seemed to have found. I’m a big believer in insta love, lust but something about these two just seemed off. Maybe the age and he was working in an ice cream parlor? Or the fact we really didn’t get that much detail about each MC or there lives for them to develop a connection. It wasn’t the length of the novella because I’ve read shorter ones and gotten fabulous connections.
Being only thirty Daniel was already very set in his
Linda-Grace
Jul 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Unrealistic ending but i liked it.
Rachel Emily
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this! Although it's short it is well written and I like the characters. Sexy times and a HEA, very sweet!
Sue bowdley
rated it it was ok
Jun 08, 2013
Lisa Mcateer
Apr 27, 2016
Meredith Russell lives in the heart of England. An avid fan of many story genres, she enjoys nothing less than a happy ending. She believes in heroes and romance and strives to reflect this in her writing. Sharing her imagination and passion for stories and characters is a dream Meredith is excited to turn into reality.