Start by marking “Killer's Instinct” as Want to Read:
Killer's Instinct

Killer's Instinct

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  26 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Where there is NO life - there's Hope...

Hope has always been a bit of a freak. But when her mother crawls from her grave and her undead corpse goes MIA, Hope's last thread of normal snaps with a vengeance. Enrolling in a militia-style school for monster hunters seems her best bet for tracking down Mommy-dearest and putting what's left of her mother to rest.

But the stakes
Published November 27th 2013 by Leap Books

To ask other readers questions about Killer's Instinct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killer's Instinct

Sherry Ficklin
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hope sees dead people. It's her greatest weapon and her ultimate curse. After the death of her father and her Mother rising from the grave as a mindless corpse, Hope joins an elite fighting team at Le Manoir, a group of teens trained to deal with all manner of paranormal spooks and baddies. She wants to find what's left of her mother and put her to rest, but first, she needs to learn how--and she might even need some help along the way. Hope is a wonderful heroine, smart, savvy, and good with a ...more
Sherry Fundin
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Harry Potter step aside, there’s a new girl in town and her name is Hope.

I did a tour for Killer’s Instinct a short while ago, because it sounded right up my alley. And we will be spending some time in alleys. I didn’t have time to review it then, but Judith Graves offered me a copy for review. Thank you so much Judith. I really wanted to read this.

OMG, I was right about Killer’s Instinct. I love it. It started out okay, but by the end I was bummed that I had no more to read. It is a young adult
Kyle Kerr
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Move over, Cassandra Clare. There's a new breed of demon hunter in town, and they're gonna kick some serious monster--and Shadowhunter--ass.

An incredible debut by duo Dalton and Graves, this is a highly intricate book of lost souls and tortured pasts. Hope, Kain, Hyde, and Caddoc all find themselves at Le Manoir, a training facility for young monster hunters, a place filled with incredible resources to aid in their development, but also dark secrets that could be all their undoing. The four must
Rocky
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This beta reader went Wild! Team Wild that is. I thoroughly enjoyed Killer’s Instinct, a terrific YA paranormal. For me, it was The Hunger Games and The Breakfast Club meet the monsters.

Four very different teens join La Manoir to learn how to kill beasts of all types, both in the world and in themselves. Joined together as a team fighting for their own existence, they must also discover each other and themselves.

Dawn Dalton and Judith Graves give this book a wonderful variety of creepy, ghoulish
Thadora
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Carrie Baumbach
Oct 17, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was ok... not the best paranormal fighting school novel I've read, though definitely not the worst. I feel like certain points in the plot could have been extended with a little more detail, because there were a few things that I was just completely confused about.

Really though, I think the real problem I had reading this was with the kindle layout... Chapter headings were seriously all over the place. Top of the page, breaking up a paragraph, sometimes appearing before the next chapte
Kristy McRae
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you like action, intensity, and lots of gruesome creatures, check this one out! The four main characters--Hope, Hyde, Craddoc and Kain--are well written. They each have secrets and ulterior motives, which come to light over the course of the story through their alternating points of view. They also each have surprises revealed, adding to the story's intrigue. The creatures are great--zombies, vampires, and other assorted ghosts & ghouls--and not all are cut-and-dried villains. This story ...more
Melissa
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
If your looking for a fast-paced, action packed adventure with a twist on classic monsters this book is a must-read. The main character is Hope who joins a training academy to learn how to kill "beasties" in the hopes of tracking down her zombie mama....oh ya, and she can see dead things....hooked yet?

I was significantly drawn into each of the four main characters and of course the ending leaves you hanging!!!!! I can't wait for the next one! Team wild all the way!

I received a free copy of this
Trixie
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book was a huge disappointment and it makes me really sad, because when reading about it, it seemed so wonderfully kickass. Such a shame :(

My problems with this book.
. This book answered zero questions, which anger and annoy me to no end. There is stuff i want answered, damn it! What did the evil guy mean at the end! TELL ME! (view spoiler)

. It felt unfinished. Like, 'where the hell is the other half of my book' unfinished.

. Biff.

1 Stars.
Nicole Luiken
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
High creepiness/gore factor in this YA monster-hunters-in-training novel. Despite what the back cover implies the story in told from the POV of four teens--Hope, Hyde, Kain and Caddoc--the freak, the rebel, the geek and the jock. Each cadet has there own designated monster specialty (Ex. Hope is Spades which covers all the undead) It took me awhile to be invested in some of the characters, but the story really picked up at the halfway mark and finished on a strong note.
K.L. Hallam
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't my usual fare. But the cinematic first chapter hooked me then I found the motley crew of main characters peculiar and curious. The military background and the plotting, the gruesome foes, all wound around to create an atmospheric, kick ass monster mash up. If you love action this book is for you. Well done action -- intelligently written.
Jessica Bell
Apr 03, 2014
風船 初音
Mar 07, 2016
Judith Graves
Jul 03, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Malinda
Sierra Annaliese
Michele
Oct 16, 2013
  • The War (Ultimate Power #2)
  • Elevated (Elevated Saga, #1)
  • Tore: Divided Love (Torn Love, #2)
  • The Girl with the Scar (Dark Connection #1)
  • My Daylight Monsters (Mary Hades #0.5)
  • Curve Day
  • The Fifth Seed
  • Xy
  • The Witch's Get
  • Undeath and the Detective
  • The Magus Conspiracy (Tír Saga, #1)
Dawn Dalton wrote her first monster book at the age of eight when she discovered writing about them was way less scary than looking for the beasties under her bed. Since then, she's still leery of things that go bump in the night, but she'd like to think her creepy storytelling skills have improved. After earning a degree in Journalism, Dawn ventured into communications, marketing, and public rela ...more
More about Dawn Dalton

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Vengeance Road
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)