Start by marking “Blood Apples (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #6)” as Want to Read:
Blood Apples (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #6)

Blood Apples (The Grimm Diaries Prequels #6)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  1,127 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
In this short diary, Prince Charming tells how Snow White was really killed -- or was she? -- and how he came to meet Rapunzel's and Jack the Beanstalk. Is it true that he really knows who wrote the original fairy tales and handed them over to the Brothers Grimm? And more importantly, Prince Charming explains why apples are red.
Published November 6th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Blood Apples, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Apples

Daiane
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Real rating: 3.5
Lucie
Bez ostychu tvrdím, že Cameron Jace je mistr srovnatelný s Gaimanem. Tak. A je to. Přečtěte si to.

Kolik ještě do Snow White Sorrow? Štve mě, že ty ostatní nemají obálky.

Well dome Master Jace!
Alexandra
Neholdujem zamilovanostiam.
Ani láske, o ktorej vieme, že nepotrebuje dôvody. Pretože prečo? Pretože láska sa stane.

"Love was just love - not caring about who you were, because once it found you, it changed everything."

Aj tak som čudne spokojná. Pff, dopekla s tebou Cameron Jace, získal si si ma.

O čo pôjde:

Princ Krasoň (google mi pri "princ Charming" vyhodil toho zo Shreka, nechajte ma, ešte mu hovorím aj Nádherňajs, čiže Krasoň je lepšia možnosť) je zúfalo zaľúbený do nebezpečného monštra,
Katherine
Jan 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Některé díly musí být "slabší", aby vyzvedly genialitu těch ostatních. :))

“It doesn’t matter how many people die in the world, as long as there are the few who know how to love and live. The power of love, however little, is enough to balance with all the death around us.”
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

Blood Apples is from Prince Charming's point of view and with the help of Jack and his mermaid girlfriend Marmalade they rescue Snow White from a tower (Rapunzel's tower that is), unfortunately things go a miss and the groups get split up. The girls one way and the boys another and when Prince Charming finally meet sup with his Snow White, she is already dead from poison, he kisses her and poisons
Joan{missing the vampire bunny slippers!}
First of all I want to thank Mr Cameron for sending me a copy of this book and letting me review it!

THERE MIGHT BE SPOILERS SO CONSIDER YOURSELVES WARNED! ;D

Honestly, I can't say this was my favorite among the prequels. Charming was never my cup of tea, but Jack was an interesting lad.
I think this book had the biggest medley of characters so far.
Gretel was a surprise, but it was kind of fan.
Rapunzel as evil was something I hadn't seen before and I dare say the idea has merit.Poor girl locked
Julie
Finally, things have started to make sense. The links between characters aren't as confusing as they were and this was a much better prequel than the one before it. Although I wouldn't recommend it to those who's dislike insta-love or very soppy writing. I could just about bare it though so it wasn't all bad.

The plot of this novella was quite interesting and the way in which the characters from several different fairytales interacted provided some amusement. Particularly Jack and Prince Charmin
S.C. Langgle
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Blood Apples, the sixth Grimm Diaries prequel, is narrated by Prince Charming and gives us new insights into some characters from earlier installments, including Snow White and (briefly) Peter Pan, as well as introducing us to new characters like Jack (of “and the Beanstalk” fame). I especially loved the imagery at the beginning of the story, when the Prince is “reading a letter made of pages of sand, delivered to me by a white dove guarded by two owls.” As always, the author weaves together not ...more
Christina
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In similar fashion as the other Grimm Diaries Prequels, Blood Apples puts a new spin on the fairytale stories we all grew up with. And like the other prequels, Blood Apples did not disappoint.

This one is narrated by Prince Charming, and we get a little more insight into his relationship with Snow White, and his undying love for her, despite what she is. We also get to meet a couple new characters, and the way Cameron Jace weaves their stories into this is both fun and creative.

So be sure to re
Mercedes
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this prequel! Jack was a great character and his whit was just what the story needed. I have to say I felt for old Prince Charming and his monster. I'd been looking forward to reading this prequel since I ate up the first 5 in one sitting. And now, yes folks, there is another prequel coming! Ahhhh! I want it now and Snow White Sorrow. Cameron keep it up, I look forward to reading more of your work.
Dilsh Wijesinghe
Nov 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Why apples are RED?

Who turned golden apples into red?

Well, I got the answers for these questions. PRINCE CHARMING told me. ;-) ;-)

It's terrible how apples turned into the red. If you read this book once, You'll never looks at the apples as the same way early you did. It's wired!!!
E.A.
Apples, what are their true colour?

Are they really red?

What's the true story?

After this short, you'll never looks at apples the same way, without cringing.

Happy Reading

-Emily
Jason
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Okay...I'm done.... Excellent book

Now...onward I go....Jack was a nice twist....and poor Snow and Prince Charming.....
Binibining `E (of The Ugly Writers)
I did enjoy Prince Charming's POV. Oh he really is in love with Snow White and will do anything to save her with the help of Jack. Interesting story taken up on Romeo and Juliet. That was really clever. I like this!
Kelley
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
These are super short books but give a great understand where these fairies tales are coming from. I enjoyed the behind scenes to each upcoming character.
Anna Pavlíčková
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nojo, jako Romeo a Julie...
Brittany
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mauoijenn ~ *Mouthy Jenn* ~
Loved it. Another great story in the Grimm Diaries Prequel.
Ashley Anne
Mar 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I actually enjoyed Prince Charming's narrative. The only flaw I found with this one was the ending. So much happened within the span of one page that it felt completely glossed over. I know it will likely be explained in the actual series, but it made the ending feel rushed.
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-on-blog
Original Review posted on Bookwyrming Thoughts

Formatting is lost due to copy and paste.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. My review is not influenced in any way.

Hark who's talking. And so Prince Charming speaks. Snow White's Prince Charming. Actually, I'm surprised he's alive. Didn't he pretty much die by the hands of the very Snow White in prequel numero uno, which the Queen of Sorrow, along with others, witnessed? I might be
Zuleeza
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Actual rating 3.75 stars.

This one was actually pretty good. Just like the previous prequels, I finished this in no time at all. But after the magnificent Mary Mary Quite Contrary (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #5), of course I was expecting Blood Apples to be better but hmm, that didn't happen.

Not sure if Blood Apples is indeed less intriguing than its predecessor because this is actually a different story from the one told in Mary Mary Quite Contrary although they are certainly linked together.
Alpha
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
NOTE: This review contains some spoilers though the ending won't be spoiled at all! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The above warning is to notify that I will no longer be writing this cryptic reviews for these prequels. I cannot just write a review on how good (or bad) a book, short story, novella, *Insert Form of Writing HERE!* anymore unless I do some spoiling. In that case, my reviews from this point on for these books will be given a lot of justice where I feel the first five are just whatever but at
Holly Letson
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This story is told by Prince Charming with a little help from Jack. Charming is on his way to rescue Snow White, who is trapped in the tall tower with Rapunzel. With 2 problems, evil Rapunzel plants surround the tower and Rapunzel's famous long blonde hair has not yet grown long enough to climb up, so no-one can enter the tower from the outside.
That's where Jack comes in, as he is willing to "help" anyone, for a price. Jack wants a egg-laying animal that lays gold eggs. Charming promises to pa
Sibil
Mar 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Questo diario è del Principe Azzurro (Prince Charming, che, detto tra noi io non ho mai trovato così charming). Quando ho visto chi era il narratore ho storto un po' il naso, perché, come avrete intuito, non sono esattamente una sua fan (voglio dire, sono cresciuta a pane e Fantaghirò, quando ero piccola la adoravo e avrò rivisto i suoi film mille volte, ma non sono mai stata una fan di Romualdo, che era il perfetto principe azzurro... proprio no! Al diavolo i principini perfettini! Io volevo Ta ...more
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
I rather liked this prequel. It's told from Prince Charming's POV. He is so in love with Snow White and he will do anything to find her and be with her. But he's also not so smart. No, I will rephrase that, he's not smart at all. Everything has to be explained to him. It's rather annoying. Definitely not the strong Prince we are used to!
And this story has Charming caught up in things he is not so used to. Anything including employing thieves such as Jack (from Jack and the Beanstalk, of course!)
Marsha
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adults
Cameron Jace has written another wonderful addition to the Grimm Prequels with “Blood Apples.” In this installment, the story is being told from Prince Charming’s point of view. We finally learn how he meets Snow White, falls in love and the reasons behind their unbearable separation. I especially enjoyed this explanation for why apples are the color red. It added an extra layer of mystery that will be sure to pop up again the first book of the series.
Prince Charming has been separated from his
Zachary Flye (Zach's YA Reviews)
Blood Apples: The last story in this anthology of prequels is told by Prince Charming. While Charming isn't totally clueless, he's not the brightest crayon in the box, but really what more would you expect from someone enthralled by a monstrous beauty. This story details the origin of why apples are red, which seemed a bit weird to explore, but it made for a good story, so I'm not upset by it. We also get to see Rapunzel, and learn about Jack and the Beanstalk and there's a mention on Pan and hi ...more
Célia Dias
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the sixth prequel from Grimm Diaries and similar to what has happened before, involves lots of familiar characters, Prince Charming, Snow White, between these two there is a Romeo and Juliet moment, we have Jack and Rapunzel.

Prince Charming is lost in love with Snow White since she bit him when they were children. In my opinion he loves her because of the bite, it must have an effect of some kind of obsession and he runs out of free will. I mean, he knows she is bad, he even admits that
Lily at Bookluvrs Haven
Dec 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
After reading 'Mary Mary Quite Contrary' I did state that I was done with the series. So maybe the folks that may keep up with my reviews may ask why did I choose to continue after all?

Well... I had downloaded this installment to my Kindle, and since I know that they are quick reads I thought I would give it a go. But alas.... I was disappointed. This story did not, in fact, redeem the short series after all for me.

Told from Prince Charming's POV, this story jumped all over the place. I found my
McKenzie Richardson
(Free book from Kindle store.)Pretty much everything I have disliked about the other prequels holds true for this one as well. I was happy when Rapunzel showed up (finally an actual Grimm character is a series supposedly dedicated to Grimm stories). Although Jack also appears (the one with the beanstalk) and allusions are made to Adam and Eve as well as Romeo and Juliet (or Pyramus and Thisbe if you prefer), it was refreshing to see that the whole Grimm concept was not completely lost in the ne ...more
  • Through Your Eyes ( I Am Alive book 1 Episode #3 )
  • Zombie Cinderella II: The Ball (Zombie Fairy Tales #6)
  • Revenant in Training (Blood and Snow, #2)
  • the Dark (The Portal Trilogy #1.5)
  • Believe (Rules, #1)
  • Savage Winter (Seasons of Paleo, #1)
  • Saving Mrs. Claus (An Apocalyptic Fairytale)
  • Arcadia's Gift (Arcadia Series #1)
  • F***ed Up Fairy Tale News
  • A Boyfriend Before Christmas
  • Revenge of the Castle Cats (The Grimm Chronicles #3)
  • Delightfully Twisted Tales: Wisps, Spells and Faerie Tales (Volume Four)
  • Shifty Business (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #3)
  • Once Upon a Time is Now (The Grimm Curse #1)
  • Touch (Reaper Novellas  #1)
Bestselling author of the Grimm Diaries and Insanity series. A traveller and collector of out-of-print books from all over the world, obsessed with the origins of folk tales and the mysterious storytellers who spread them. Many of his books made Amazon's Top 100 Customer Favorites in Kindle 2015 & Amazon's Top 100 kindle list. Cameron lives in California. When he isn't writing or collecting bo ...more
More about Cameron Jace

The Grimm Diaries Prequels (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Snow White Blood Red (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #1)
  • Ashes to Ashes and Cinder to Cinder  (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #2)
  • Beauty Never Dies (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #3)
  • Ladle Rat Rotten Hut (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #4)
  • Mary Mary Quite Contrary (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #5)
  • Once Beauty Twice Beast (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #7)
  • Moon and Madly (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #8)
  • Rumpelstein (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #9)
  • Jawigi (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #10)
  • Children Of Hamlin (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Perdido Street Station (New Crobuzon, #1)
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“You know what Adage means?"
She asked me.
I shook my head no.
"It's a beautiful word," she said.
"People will tell you it means the purest love in the world, or love that consumes you, but I know what it really mean. It means love beyond reason, and that is the best love in the world.”
6 likes
“I love you because… wait… I take a drag from my pipe… I really don’t know. I think that’s the beauty of love, wanting to be with someone, taste their sweetness and their fears, live their lives and be there in their death, share their ups and their downs, and most importantly, love them and grow old with them, even if they were some kind of monsters.
Have you ever been unable to shake your soul free, wrapped with your lover’s velvet rope around your heart? Have you ever been enchanted with a nameless spell that made pain and pleasure synonymous?”
4 likes