Start by marking “The Watchers” as Want to Read:
The Watchers

The Watchers

Déjà vu has a face!

Two inter-dimensional life forms seek the same dangerous, experimental device, a vortex generator that threatens to tear apart the very fabric of time and space.

The Watchers most experienced agent, Gaia Hassani, must once again take human form to locate and destroy the device, by any means necessary, and erase all knowledge of its existence.

Her foe, Ter
Paperback
Published June 20th 2012 (first published June 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Watchers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Watchers

Start your review of The Watchers
Russell Turney
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
This is not a review; rather it's how the book came about.

I had long toyed with the idea that deja vu was the result of outside interference, deja vu being the overlap between what happened the first time and the correction made to time and space by an outside body. When I sat to write the book, that was all I had, two lines of notes. No names, no plot, no real story at all.
I decided it should be my NaNoWriMo project for 2011. I wanted something I had given no previous thought to, no research,
Jackie Jones
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book starts off very mysteriously. In the first chapter, the reader has no idea what to think of Gaia; I didn't even know if she was good or evil. But then again, I'm not even sure if she knows at first. This is about a being who is discovering what it's like to be human. She is a watcher, in that she observes the earth and its inhabitants, and she protects people from irregularities in the space-time continuum. Then she's given a very serious and pressing task that requires her to stay in ...more
Robert and Ruth Harris
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Don't have time to do this book justice. I advise you to delight yourself and get a copy. It's a wonderful read, even if you aren't a sci-fi fan. A plausible stretch of the imagination. Is it real or isn't it. Innocence vs Eternal evil. Love vs Hate. All those things that make a good book with a twisty-turny storyline that captures to the end and leaves you wanting more. A beautiful piece of work Russell Turney!
R.E. Sheahan
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review of The Watchers by Russell Turney

This books starts fast, with an intriguing situation taking place, and as the reader catches on to what’s happening, they are lead immediately to yet another mystery. All in the first few pages.

Well done!

Gaia, a Watcher is sent on a mission to earth. Her unprecedented task is to interfere with a human’s free will. She is to remove sensitive knowledge from the mind of a university professor, Bart, and destroy his invention. A dangerous device that is ‘mess
Monica Matthews-Drake
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
That's what I'm talking about. Great scene in the car. Hysterical, I loved it. Plenty of laughs. Hard to put down. Only wish it had been a longer read. Love scenes are still mushy. Great improvement in writing skills from his first book. Eagerly awaiting the sequel of both books.
Ben
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
If I were to describe this sci-fi book in one word, it is page-turner. It has a very interesting, unique plot (and this is coming from a person who is not fond of the genre). It is witty, well-written, and memorable. I hope there's a sequel because the epilogue was crazy!
Hope
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I won a copy through the Goodread's Firstreads program.

The Good:
Right out of the gate, this is a book you don't want to put down. There is something on every page to keep your attention. The main character Gaia is sent to Earth to intercept a dangerous device invented by Professor Bart. Much like creating the atam bomb, the professor will regret his invention. Without giving anything away, this is a novel of suspense, sci-fi, time travel, romance, and what it means to be human.

The Bad:
I was p
Dovile
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
*Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Goodreads giveaway, but this does not affect my opinions about this book.*

This an adult sci-fi novel (be warned that is has some graphic scenes and swearing). The plot is centered on the idea that all matter can be converted into energy and vice versa. There are powerful beings outside our universe that 'watching' over Earth and try to maintain the continuity of the timeline. One of them, calling herself Gaia is sent to retrieve a device that can
Cynthia Rogan
Jessica
Jul 08, 2012
Caroline Toye
Jul 09, 2012
Russell Turney is a photographer, adventurer and writer who discovered the love of writing late in life.
A New Zealander by birth and nature, home for much of the year is a twenty-two foot motorhome. Using Grants Pass, Oregon as his base, he travels the back roads of North America, stopping to write wherever he feels guided to do so.
Russell has written ‘Tough Justice’, a thriller set in New Zeala