Start by marking “Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands” as Want to Read:
Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands

Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands (Lonely Planet Country Guide)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  79 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
This edition has an expanded focus on activities, adventure travel and ecotourism. It contains a special chapter on the island's unique wildlife, plus in-depth coverage of the popular Ruta del Sol.
Paperback, 7th Edition, 440 pages
Published August 1st 2006 by Lonely Planet (first published January 28th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands

Paul Schoenberg
Apr 23, 2013 rated it liked it
In the process for preparing for my trip I wanted to read more about the country so I would be familiar with the different things the country is known for. I was able to learn about the Ecuadorian culture and the species that the islands are known for. The book offered some very good incite about the country and I felt so much better about seeing the country by knowing what Ecuador is famous for. If you want to visit Ecuador than you should pick this book up it wouldn't hurt.
Meredith
May 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: travel
Currently planning a trip to Ecuador... Some of the information is a bit vague and I'm having to do a lot of cross referencing. I used and loved the Lonely Planet Peru guide, which had a lot more detailed and clear information on how to use the bus system (or maybe it's just really complicated in Ecuador- I'll find out), and more information on "getting-there-and-away."

I'll try to remember to update again post trip.
Lacy
Sep 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
We took a couple of travel books to backpack through Ecuador for a month. This one was by far the best, and everyone we met seemed to have it. Sure, there are a few inaccuracies here and there, but on the whole this is the best one out there.
Lacy Katherine
Sep 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Nicole
Apr 20, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Travelers to the Galapagos or Ecuador
Having some info about Ecuador was helpful on our trip to the Galapagos. Can't tell you if you could use it 100% on a trip to Ecuador since we didn't have much time unattended in the country! Well set up, easy to find info, great info
Bettie☯
Aug 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ecuador, summer-2013
9781741042955 Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands

reference
summer 2013

Good, however the Rough Guides speak more to me.
Zoë
Jul 10, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
Another great guide.
Michael Venzke
Jul 30, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travelbooks
best one i found at the store.

was useful but road map was also needed after car rental.
Katy Karalewa
Jul 12, 2014
Marion Rogers
Feb 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

Lonely Planet Country Guide (1 - 10 of 263 books)
  • Afghanistan
  • Algeria (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Argentina (Lonely Planet Country Guide)
  • Argentina y Uruguay
  • Australia
  • Australia
  • Lonely Planet Australia
  • Australie (Lonely Planet)
  • Austria (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Austria