Start by marking “Death (Deck of Lies, #3)” as Want to Read:
Death (Deck of Lies, #3)

Death (Deck of Lies #3)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
All In

I never wanted to get in this deep, but I did go looking for the truth before I was prepared to handle it. But how do you close the lid on Pandora’s box? You can’t unlearn something, or forget a dark secret once it’s been revealed.

Published July 1st 2012 by Smashwords (first published June 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death

Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
For more of my reviews visit my blog: http://losttobooks.blogspot.co.uk

I started this book straight after I finished The Tower and even though I finished it yesterday it was too late to write this review. After the cruel cliff hanger I was left on in the second book I bought this book straight away and once again I wasn't able to put the series down. I love the detail Jade Varden writes in, the family history has obviously been thought about a lot and it is easy to follow. I'm not going to s
Ruty  B
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A house built upon lies will crumble and fall at the sign of wind. A good lie deserves another one and then another. When your life is based on lies is only matter of time before somehow the truth comes up. All those lines could summarize a story that keeps getting better and better. A story about who we really, about justice and freedom, the life of a girl that is more than a mystery series, with amazing ingredients such as power, money and love.

Rain is doing everything in her power to set free
Melanie Cusick-Jones
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
The Tower, Book 2 in Jade Varden's Deck of Lies series left us with a real cliff-hanger, so what did the third book Death deliver?

Death is a great third addition to this series of books, after the flood of revelations and lies that came out in The Tower, which got to the point of being near overwhelming, Death has a more mellow pace - it's like that period of disquiet (I certainly can't call it calm) that comes after a storm...or perhaps that odd come down you feel after a major adrenaline rush
Nourin
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
WOW!

Okay, because the killer was revealed within the first few pages, I thought there wouldn’t be much of a storyline to this book after that, since the big secret had been given away. BUT OH NO! The revelation of the killer doesn’t bring a sense of resolution but opens even more doors to more questions as another twist had been unleashed.
I think Rain actually matured in this book. She thought more about things in this book rather than jumping to conclusions as she did previously. She became mor
Jodi Davis
Review originally posted at arielavalon.com

Rain has figured out who really killed Laurel, but this is only the beginning. She very quickly finds that the Von Shelton's own her, and when they want secrets to hide, they stay hidden. Rain has a plan, she will see to it that River will not ever see trial, no matter what.

I cannot tell a lie. I thought this series was a trilogy and now I am horribly disappointed because I blew through this book in the small span of a morning and now I get to play the
Christoph Fischer
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
“Death” by Jade Varden is the third in the Deck of Lies series and after I reviewed the first two I had to continue to find out what happens next. The storyline moves so fast and there are so many turns and twists that I sometimes felt in a soap opera but somehow it never felt as cheap and easy as that word would suggest. Far from it.
Since the first book the main character struggles with finding out her real identity and with a murder case that involves her family and friends, several possible l
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-teens
I have to say when I was given this book I was really excited. Seeing as I have read all the others before I wanted so bad to know who murder Laurel. And now I know, the only problem with knowing is that it isn't going according to plan. The culprit should be in jail and seeing the face of death themselves. Instead someone innocent is in jail and I don't know if she'll ever get out or be happy.

After all a girl whose whole life has been turned topsy turvy in such a short time deserves to be happ
Leigh
Aug 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 012, ya, mystery
ORIGINAL POST AT: Little Book Star
Rate: 4.5/5

Death is the third book of the Deck of Lies series so I will try to not have spoilers in this review. Everything gets more complicated in this book. I was hooked on to it and the story gets super better. More twists and revelations will come right at your face, and by the time you think you’re going to bed, you’ll be tempted to read one more page, then the next, and the next, until you finish the whole book. Like the rest of the books, the summary do
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
(Source: Purchased from Amazon.co.uk for only 77p!)
This is book 3 in the ‘Deck of Lies’ series, and kicks off where book 2 ‘The Tower’ left off. **Warning, some unavoidable spoilers for books 1 and 2 **
Rain has just worked out who killed Laurel Riordan (view spoiler) and she’s about to confront them. What she doesn’t though is that the lies are nowhere near over. Although she may think she knows who killed Laurel, she has no idea just how many people are involved
Theresa Jones
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow! So, I know its hard to believe, especially considering all the lies uncovered and truths revealed in the first two books, but there was even more in this one. And I was SO right to hold onto my love for River!!
Thankfully, there was a lot more of him in this one! YAY!

Anyways, Rain (aka Chloe, aka Glory) is now getting ready to face change, severe change. She is trying to find a way to get River out of jail and prove his innocence. Well… he does get it, but then she goes in.

In a way, I really
Kristyn
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
Rain finds out even more secrets about her family, and it's incredible to read how many secrets and lies there really are within one family. It makes you wonder how many secrets your own family is hiding from you, and if you found out one, would it lead you to find out all of them. River, Rain's friend who was accused of murdering Laurel, is now out of jail on Rain's behalf. It sounds like a good thing until Rain is now the suspect in the murder case, to cover up Carysn's doing.

I loved the rela
Angie
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Synopsis: "All In

I have no choice but to do my part to bury the truth again -- this time, someplace no one will ever be able to find it. But that’s the problem with lies. Once you start pulling threads, everything unravels.

No one is who they seem to be...not even me.
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
Check out the full review at Kritters Ramblings

The third in a series of YA reads that kept me reading from book to book. Chloe/Rain is still learning more about her family in this book, I couldn't even fathom that there was more to learn about this quirky von Shelton family, but there was and probably is!
aside*from*writing
Jan 30, 2017
Cecil Harper
Oct 31, 2015
Suzanne
rated it did not like it
Jan 08, 2013
Leise Chadwick
Mar 03, 2013
Jennifer Janda
Aug 02, 2013
Mia Hoddell
Aug 05, 2012
Jade Varden
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-jade
Steph
Oct 16, 2013
Dragonr
Jul 21, 2014
Jade Varden writes young adult novels for teen readers. When she’s not crafting mysteries in her books, Jade also blogs practical writing tips for authors who self-publish. Jade currently makes her home in Louisville, Kentucky, where she enjoys reading and reviewing indie books by other self-published authors. Follow her on Twitter @JadeVarden. Visit Jade’s blog at http://jadevarden.blogspot.com/ ...more
More about Jade Varden...

Deck of Lies (4 books)
  • Justice (Deck of Lies, #1)
  • The Tower (Deck of Lies, #2)
  • Judgment (Deck of Lies #4)