Start by marking “The Surprising Life of Charlie Glass” as Want to Read:
The Surprising Life of Charlie Glass

The Surprising Life of Charlie Glass

Published January 31st 2013 by Arrow Books Ltd (first published January 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Surprising Life of Charlie Glass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Surprising Life of Charlie Glass

Start your review of The Surprising Life of Charlie Glass
Rea Cobb
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's fair to say that Charlie Glass is carrying a little excess baggage - emotionally and physically. For years her excess weight means she's been the butt of her skinny stepmother and half sisters' jokes, and she's had enough. So, after a few weeks at a boot camp, Charlie returns slim, gorgeous and ready to run the shoe firm that, to her sisters' annoyance, she has inherited from their beloved father. And when she bags a glamorous boyfriend, her transformation is complete. Life is almost perfec ...more
Bookevin
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review originally on I Heart.. Chick Lit.
www.iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com

What I thought about it:
In case you're wondering, no, Angela Woolfe is not a debut novelist. She has been a chick lit writer for some time now, actually. She goes by the pseudonym Holly McQueen? Author of the Isabel Bookbinder series, starring the ever lovely, albeit a bit crazy Izzy? Well, yes. Now Angela is writing under her own name and let's be frank, don't you just love a good chick lit? I know I do.

What I'm going to w
Charlie-Dee
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I so enjoyed this book. It was funny, sweet and had some great points. I loved charlie and ferdy but could not stand diana and just wanted to slap her at times. I thought of the twist early on in the book but still enjoyed it when it happened. Would like to read more by this author.
Leah
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I first heard about The Surprising Life of Charlie Glass, I was really excited to read the novel, even more so when I read that Angela Woolfe is in fact Holly McQueen, author of the Isabel Bookbinder series. I really like Holly’s writing style and I was so thrilled she was back with a new book. There are many Chick Lit novels that deal with heroines who are fat, but who, mostly, aren’t fat at all but just like to complain that they’re fat, even though size 10/12 isn’t fat at all. So I was r ...more
PrettyFlamingo
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this. A massive improvement on the Isabel Bookbinder series (though I confess to having only read one and that was enough; my review of that is pretty scathing. From the title I thought it was another in the series, but Charlie couldn’t be more different from Isabel. Yes, it’s shamelessly based on the Cinderella fairy story, but is the prince just as handsome in real life?

Charlie is weighed down. She’s what’s known as a Big Girl, but most of her baggage is not her weight but the c
Karen Gardiner
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I picked up this book because it was nice and refreshing. You don't often see many books with characters bigger than a size 12-14. Or at least I haven't.

I enjoyed the book a lot. It was big - at 566 pages - but I didn't feel it a chore to read. It didn't drag on with unnecessary chapters filled with useless plot details. It was rather straight to the point and had a nice little story line weaved through it concerning the death of Charlie's mother.

The main character was quite likable, although,
Michaela
Jun 14, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was good but felt like it should have been a lot shorter and the storyline is pretty predictable.
Vicki
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book!
Aisha Abbas
Nov 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: pleasant-reads
Words have power to caress your spirit, and to build your courage. Kudos to the writer.
Blackkeys77
rated it did not like it
May 15, 2013
Sep 11, 2016

• Amazing Grace
  • The Look-Alike
  • A Tiny Bit Marvellous
  • Are You Watching Me (DS Claire Boyle #2)
  • Unexpected Lessons in Love
  • You Then, Me Now
  • Mr. Nobody
  • Moral Compass
  • Taunting the Dead (DS Allie Shenton, #1)
  • Under An Evil Star (Stella Penhaligon Thrillers Book 1)
  • Follow The Leader (DS Allie Shenton, #2)
  • Only the Brave (DS Allie Shenton, #3)
  • False Value (Rivers of London, #8)
  • Hush Hush (DS Grace Allendale, #1)
  • Flawed (Flawed, #1)
  • The Debriefing
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • Tell Me Lies (Detective Max Carter #1)
Angela Woolfe has written for The Guardian and Vogue magazine.

News & Interviews