Start by marking “The Kronos Interference” as Want to Read:
The Kronos Interference

Read Book

The Kronos Interference

NAMED TO KIRKUS REVIEWS BEST OF 2012 (Starred Review)

How far would you go to save the world?

When physicist Jacob Newman is pulled from his family, his job, and his whole life to investigate a strange vessel discovered at the bottom of the South Pacific, he finds evidence of time travel, along with implications that a judgment day against mankind is imminent. But it isn’t
Published June 24th 2012 by Pop Culture Zoo Press

To ask other readers questions about The Kronos Interference, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kronos Interference

Start your review of The Kronos Interference
Amy
If you could travel back in time and change one single, horrible event in history that could redeem the tarnished name of humankind by preventing tens of millions of deaths, what would it be? Jake thinks he knows because the universe seems to be pushing him toward it. First, he receives his grandfather's journal in the mail, and then he receives a call from the CIA that they've found a technologically advanced vessel underwater that might possibly be a time travel machine. And, when he arrives t ...more
kenzimone
Tej
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: time-travel
As I start to write this review, I took a look at the synopsis. The first part gives the main plot, the second paragraph is the hard sell promotion as is expected with all books, using words such as "written in the vein of the late Michael Crichton", "fast paced action", "plenty of twists and turns", "impressively original", and "tour de force". So um, may I use that second paragraph as my full review? No? ok..but damn if it isnt far from the truth as this is a superb high octane time travel mys ...more
Matt Mitrovich
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
Whether or not to use your time machine to kill Hitler is a question that plagues everyone, not just alternate historians. The Kronos Interference by Edward Miller and J.B. Manas provides adds its two cents to the discussion. It is another installment in the classic time travel genre where our hero travels back in time to prevent something horrible from happening.

Physicist Jacob Newman is pulled from his family and his job when he gets a call about a strange vessel discovered at the bottom of th
Bailey Olfert
Dec 30, 2012 rated it did not like it
How disappointing. I read the kindle version, and definitely would not have finished if it were a hard copy. The story started out promising enough, but the writing quickly disintegrated to something I'd expect of a junior high student. The spark for the story is intriguing and I find it so disappointing when good ideas aren't capitalized on!
Cece
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was a great read for about 1/2 the book...and then the story line just went to pieces for me and I lost interest. I skimmed the last half of the book just to get through it. So disappointed because it started out so well and the idea was very intriguing.
Donna Tapellini
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Some parts of this book were interesting and fun time-travel fiction. But it was inconsistent, almost a if written by two different authors. Oh wait, that's because it was.
Penumbra

I was given this book through the Making Connections ARR: Science Fiction group for an honest review, thank you.

(view spoiler)
Brenda A
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
For the vast majority of The Kronos Interference, it was a solid three stars. Interesting enough to keep me reading, but nothing particularly new.

I did roll my eyes a few times at the silly things that happened, particularly when Lauren threw herself at Jacob with no preamble. It was extreme and came out of nowhere.

And I wasn't too fond of Jacob just suddenly deciding that he is wise enough to decide the fate of the entire world. It is extremely arrogant, and I agree with Finkel in that regard
 Reading Reindeer
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Reading Reindeer by: Making Connections
Shelves: july-2012-reads
An utterly delightful and super-stunning thriller, this novel had me page-racing with its excitement and intrigue. Science fiction, futuristic, historical, time-travel, extraterrestrial-this book has everything! I literally could not pause in the reading until I was finished, and I read with eyes wide and heart in throat. There are no dropped plot threads in this book; everything is seamless and well-accounted for, yet the authors have done so in a way that leaves a sequel possible (and as well ...more
Krysta Halye
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
J.D. Martin
Oct 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I found this book to be a really fun read. All the research the authors did to make changes in history affect the current timeline, and lining it up with actual events to make it plausible was a lot of fun. However, it's the ending that is keeping me from rating the overall book any higher. Once Jacob has taken steps to correct the timeline, there are a few chapters that really just feel like filler to make the book longer.

***SPOILERS AHEAD***
There isn't a need to spend that much time seeing hi
John
Oct 04, 2013 rated it liked it
If you had access to a time machine, you'd probably think long and hard about undoing the holocaust. Jacob Newman certainly does, partly because of his family history.

But it turns out that changing history isn't so simple, as Jacob learns. The Kronos Interference has a pretty wide scope and moves quickly through a lot of scenes as Jacob learns what he has really gotten into. The middle third of the book, spent in the past, is by far the best.

Author Edward Miller relies a little too heavily on sc
John
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had me riveted for the first two parts of the book, but I started to fall away when the authors broke one of the classic time travel rules and create a paradox that seemed unresolvable. Fortunately, I hung in there and was able (in my own mind) to reconcile this paradox with some satisfaction by the end of the book. The ending was not quite what I expected, and there is a lot of information thrown at the reader in the last few chapters. However, I thoroughly enjoyed this book overall. ...more
James
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was ok

A Science Fiction/Time Travel/Alternate History book with a few too many good ideas. Without giving away too much, some characters adhere to some overplayed, well-known archetypes (e.g. the coldly-beautiful seductress, the beautiful damsel in distress, etc.). The book does well with its plot for much of the book, and even serves up what might be a fitting ending were it not packed so full of foreshadowed machinations. The final part of the book, however, serves up some very heavy exposition and

Sharon
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you could change just one thing in the past

Kronos interference is an easy read with well developed characters, and a fast moving plot that kept me interested through the whole book.
For me the book flowed smoothly with no editing or spelling errors to interfere with a really well crafted story.
One that blends science fiction, history and the what if factor, in a way that even a non sci fi person will enjoy.
This is a great first book from the authors I cant wait to see where the next book in t
Tony Schirtzinger
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I won this book from the Time Travel group here on Goodreads. Thanks to the authors and the group for the book!

As I started reading this book, I found it to be a quick and enjoyable book to read. This is true of most of the book. There were some parts near the end I wasn't so sure about but they were short and I was pleased enough with how it turned out. I normally wouldn't choose a book with Hitler on the cover or focusing on any war (but by chance I've read a number of books at least partially
Rinku
Aug 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
This book was okay, fast paced. It came up on my recs because I loved 11/22/63, but it was a far less good. Mainly, I missed real character development. Who was Jacob, never got a real sense other than that he was a good person. There was more of that in second half than first, and I don't mind having a character revealed slowly, but I never got a physical description that stuck, or other key markers that would have engaged me.
Gary
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it

Using an interesting time travel paradox has the primary plot device, this book delivers a well crafted, thoughtful exploration of how one small change can impact the course of history. I find it. Interesting that WWII and Nazism were the defining climax for the 20th Century. As overused as this riff is, the author shows how they served to define and drive the rest of the century with carry over into the 21st.
Jane
Nov 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were some things about this book that were good, some that were just okay, and a few moments that made me shake my head and think, "Seriously? They're going THERE?"
The first half of the book was better than the second.
Some of the characters were rather flat and often difficult to keep straight because they were so undeveloped.
They seem to have set up for a sequel with the ending. I will probably read it because I am a sucker for sequels. But we'll have to see.
Tobin
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
As an almost completely plot-driven book this was a different one for me but the last 50 pages made it all worth it. There weren't a lot of Red Herrings, which I really hate once their number grows, and the threads were all collected.

Although the characters were a little thin the plot was definitely enough to keep me reading at a pretty rapid rate.

Strongly recommended for anyone who likes time travel, and Crichton.

I gave it 8/10 on my personal scale.

-tpl
❤Marie Gentilcore
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I won a copy of this book from Goodreads First Reads, but I would gladly pay for a copy. It was a very exciting, fast paced story and I enjoyed it very much. It is about time travel and is set in the year 2024. The book grabs you from the first chapter and keeps up the suspense throughout the book to the last chapter. My fiance is eager to read it next.
Linda Hilton-Ross
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: time-travel
I've always been intrigued by time travel, and when I saw this book mentioned in the Time Travel group, I couldn't resist, especially with the number of accompanying rave reviews here on Goodreads, and elsewhere. I wasn't disappointed. It held my interest and actually had me page-racing to the very end. If you like time travel, I would recommend this one. You won't be able to put it down.
Jon
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book until the last twenty or so pages. Maybe I was missing something, but the end seemed totally incongruous with the rest of the book. Still, the book is zippy, entertaining, and well written. While I was not crazy about the ending, I would still recommend it.
Emma Moulton
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads-read
I won this through Goodreads Firstreads.

What can I say, this book is a great read. The last 10 chapters made it all worth while.

There's nothing I can really say without giving away the plot. Just read it and you'll understand.

5/5
Heather(Gibby)
Aug 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
A very fastpaced enjoyable read. It will especially appeal to people to love time travel stories.
Stephen
Aug 10, 2012 rated it liked it
I was pulled in by the reviews and the novel wasn't bad but just did not live up to the level of read I was expecting.
SandyGM
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great book! I liked the development of parallel universes. I also enjoyed the ethical dilemma of changing history but feel it should have been written to create more controversy.
Alex Mehos
Aug 03, 2013 added it
Shelves: my-books
This book was an interesting read, I was not sure what to think when I picked it up from phily comic-con. It was fun read with some interesting perspectives on what could be.
Brad Clark
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
I can't add anything more than what the other one and two star reviewers have written.

• To Say Nothing of the Dog (Oxford Time Travel, #2)
  • Citizen Soldiers: The US Army from the Normandy Beaches to the Bulge to the Surrender of Germany
  • The Man Who Folded Himself
  • Time and Again (Time, #1)
  • Savage Sky: Life and Death on a Bomber Over Germany in 1944 (Stackpole Military History Series) [Kindle Edition]
  • The Time Store (The Time Store, #1)
  • The Tourist
  • Care Bears Book of Bedtime Poems
  • We Will Not Be Silenced: The Lived Experience of Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault Told Powerfully Through Poetry, Prose, Essay, and Art
  • Daughter of the Don (Detective Capella #2)
  • Beyond the Boundary Stones (The Chronicles of Tevenar Book 3)
  • What Happened to Lori
  • Calling (The Chronicles of Tevenar)
  • Drawn
  • Deception of the Damned
  • The Law of Isolation (The Chronicles of Tevenar Book 2)
  • The Wizards' War (The Chronicles of Tevenar Book 4)
  • The Patient Killer (DCI Morton #4)