Start by marking “Guided Through Deception” as Want to Read:
Guided Through Deception

Guided Through Deception

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Book One in a series:

Lainey Harkin is a prosecutor who's on the rise. Sort of. Her boss handed her a gift - a felony prosecution before her first year anniversary. The perfect distraction from the search for her sister who left the family ten years ago. But felony child abuse is not the case for Lainey to cut her teeth on. The case barely begins before heading south. The g
Published May 5th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Guided Through Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guided Through Deception

Lindsay Ellison
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The twists and turns kept me guessing from the beginning to the end. I was rooting for the main character, Lainey, the whole way through. The Christian elements were refreshing and the story line was like none that I have ever read before. I also liked that the ending wasn't what I expected and that the author allowed for the possibility of a sequel.
Monique Winkler
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book that got me into reading again after so many years! I fell head-over-heels for the characters, Lainey and Nick! I was completely engrossed and had to keep reading until the last page.
Sally Beaudean
Aug 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Guided through Deception is an intriguing story of a young prosecuting attorney who is given her first felony case -- child abuse. If that isn't enough, it turns out to be involved with a major crime family. As the story enfolds, the main character is struggling with her faith as she tries desperately to save the young girl who is the victim of abuse. The only problem with the book is it was a bit too predictable. I prefer being "in the dark" until the very end.
Joyce
Jul 23, 2012 rated it liked it

The thriller aspects of this novel were well done. The religious aspects were a bit much. Each side if the story served as a distraction from the other, yet I am positive that those who enjoy this genre will find this to be an excellent example of it.
Sara Smith
Mar 17, 2015
Linda Wade
Dec 28, 2015
maryannfuriati
rated it did not like it
Apr 11, 2017