Start by marking “Night Life (Vamps, #2)” as Want to Read:
Night Life (Vamps, #2)

Night Life

(Vamps #2)

When vampire heiress Lilith Todd decides she wants a modeling career, she won't let her father stop her - even if he does threaten to cut off her credit cards.

Lilith's rival Cally Monture, is in a different kind of hot water. Her boyfriend, Peter, is a vampire hunter - a sexy, sensitive soul mate who just happens to be sworn to destroy her entire race.

With the Rauhnacht
Paperback, Alternate Cover Edition for ISBN: 0061349186, 234 pages
Published January 27th 2009 by HarperTeen (first published January 21st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Night Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Life

Start your review of Night Life (Vamps, #2)
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

NIGHT LIFE is another guilty pleasure in the VAMPS series by Ms. Collins. The plot thickens in the second installment.

Lilith Todd has learned the truth that Cally Monture seeks. Lilith knows who Cally's father is. After the two girls fought in the first book, they've managed to keep their distance at the beginning of NIGHT LIFE.

Cally has become friends with the Maledetto friends as well as Melinda Mauvais, one of Lilith's ex-friends. The foursome gets
Stephanie
Feb 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Being a fan of the first book, Vamps, I obviously adored this one as well. :D Though the writing itself isn't the best, the plot makes up for it. Vampires being able to transform to an animal of their family as well as a bat. Two animals. Awesome. Nancy combines the classic version of vampires and the contemporary version of vampires. Classic version - transforming into a bat, roaming the city at night and having no reflections. Contemporary version - being able to walk around in the daylight ...more
Rhianna
May 03, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Vamps are back and this time there's a whole lot more at stake for Lilith Todd and Cally Monture. Lilith knows the identity of the father Cally so desperately wants to know and she's willing to use that information to get what she wants. As vain and ruthless as ever, Lilith has decided to go against the strick taboos of vampire society and pursue a career in modeling as Lili Graves, allowing pictures of herself to be taken! When this secret double life is discovered by her father the ...more
Nyasa
Aug 26, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book Night Life is the sequel to Vamps, it's about some very powerful teenage vampires who also seem to be linked in some way. Cally and Lilith who are rivals but both find out something extremly surprising, Jules who is a cheating womanizing manwhore who likes Cally but is dating Lilith, and Peter the Vampire hunter who is dating Cally. Lilith wants to become a model and will do it even if she has to deal with the cconsequences, getting her credit card cut off and dealing with her ...more
T.M. Carper
Add "Gossip Girls" fashion, trendy night spots, high school with vampires and you have a recipe for a YA series.

The fashion details made me yawn at times, but it was worth it to see what Cally's new adventures were. I wish there was more about her relationship with Peter, a vampire hunter, and it was interesting to see how her birth father fits into her life. I hope that this series develops more because I want to see more about Cally and her struggles with being half-vampire and half-witch. I
Cas
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it, the 2nd book of the vamps trilogy really captured me, it was amazing.
Nicholas
Jul 08, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book was really amazing i liked it better than the 1st book
Emmy Lou
Fast paced, kinda trashy/dramatic, rich vampire society... a guilty pleasure. Brain candy for my day off :)
Edward Williamson
A great sequel to Vamps by the go-to writer on nosferatu. Bone-chilling and captivating. Don't miss it!
Kim
Jul 31, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
To me this book just served as a buffer between books that mattered. Yes it was good with enough drama to keep it interesting, but nothing happened in the book. The first in the series had a major plot, and as far as I can tell the third book will as well. I like the characters and their intermingling plot twists, but this is another fast easy read that serves as a break from the more advanced story lines of other series.
Carol
I did not enjoy this as much as the first book in the series. I felt the writing was weaker and I've never been a fan of the cliffhanger ending. I will read the third book when it comes out in July to see if it improves to the level of the first.
Jay
Dec 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Erin
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a great second book in the series with a serious cliff hanger at the end making you want to read the third and final book immediately. I recommend getting all three books at once when reading them!
Kayla
Nov 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now this book was a little bit better. It gave me a better insight of what was going on with all the characters. And I never thought that, that guy would be her father. He's like her mortal enemy! Can't wait til the next book.
Heather
Mar 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen
Argh! This series is such a soap opera in format - it stops right at a climactic point and you have to wait for the next book to be published to find out what happens! Unfortunately, the next book isn't due out until July 28th! I may expire from anticipation before then!
Cindy
Dec 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review, 3-stars, vampire
After reading book one in these series I wanted to read the second book too. I wasn't disappointed.
The story continues. We get to know more about the mean characters in the book.
Only down side is the ending, now I have to read book three too. But I don't mind that.
Lucy Ma
Mar 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic book. Nancy Collins did a great job with the cliff hanger, that keeps you wanting more.Also the mix with the fashion world gives this book a twist you don't really expect.
Chanda Poland
I really got into this book. I was not very happy with the ending. there was a lot i still wanted to know.
Emily Reid
Nov 21, 2010 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
have not read it but will soon
Reaganstar
I only read one of this series, but found it to be a cute short story, I am sure if I had read the additional 2 books it would of made a bit more sense.
Sydney
May 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was good. It had some action mixed in with a love triangle. I love vampire books!
Lisa
Jul 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the characters and just vampires in general.
Sandy
Jan 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-it, 2010
I really like this series. Cally is still having a hard time. Lilith gets what's coming to her. These books have huge cliff-hangers. I must read the next book!
Alicia
Aug 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, vampires
Great followup to the first book. The storyline jumped right into gear and did not slow down, even at the end. On pins and needles until I can get the third book in the series.

Alicia Hancock
This book was very poorly written and after three chapters, it still wasn't very interesting, so I didn't finish reading it. I would not recommend it.
Autumn
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite book in this series so far. --
Kate
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I especially liked the ball in this book!
Wendy
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this series and can't wait to read the next one. It is a fun summer read.
Raisa
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great!
Brandi
Nov 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was definately more interesting than part one
xo 1 4 Feb 24, 2014 04:05AM
xo 1 1 Feb 24, 2014 04:05AM

• Return to the Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #2)
  • Billy the Kid and the Vampyres of Vegas (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #5.5)
  • The Death of Joan of Arc (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #4.5)
  • Panther Prowling (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #17)
  • Darkness Raging (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #18)
  • Moon Shimmers (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #19)
  • Harvest Song (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #20)
  • A Match Made in Mehendi
  • Blood Bonds (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #21)
  • The Enchantress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #6)
  • Eternal (Tantalize, #2)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Stargazer
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)
  • Rise of the Isle of the Lost (Descendants #3)
  • Escape from the Isle of the Lost (Descendant, #4)
  • The Light Fantastic
Nancy A. Collins (born 10 September 1959) is a United States horror fiction writer best known for her series of vampire novels featuring her character Sonja Blue. Collins has also written for comic books, including the Swamp Thing series, Jason Vs. Leatherface, Predator: Hell Come A Walkin and her own one-shot Dhampire: Stillborn.

Collins was born in McGehee, Arkansas, United States. She lived in