Start by marking “Debt Price (Master/Other, #2)” as Want to Read:
Debt Price (Master/Other, #2)

Debt Price (Master/Other, #2)

"He kept his gaze cast below the belt. In the chill cell, sweat was beginning to form now on his neck, running down his back and between his bound wrists. 'Lord,' he said softly, 'I would be glad to pay to you my debt in any way I can.'"

No one would pay his debt price to gain him release from prison. So he sought to pay it himself by offering the only thing he could, his b
Published June 21st 2012 by Love in Dark Settings Press

To ask other readers questions about Debt Price, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Debt Price

Start your review of Debt Price (Master/Other, #2)
Bookwatcher
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: glbt-gay, abuse, fantasy, dark
This book broke my heart. All pieces from my shattered heart were scattered in different directions. Each page, cast them away, further and further, away from me. When I believe hope was lost, and nothing could be saved I had a surprise... In one page I found a missing piece... Hungry for more, knowing there was hope, I keep reading and keep finding... One little piece at time I start to feel it again... My beating heart.

Sorry for the lame attempt to say, in a poetic way, how I felt reading it.
Elisa Rolle
I admit, I was ready to dislike this novella as soon as I started it: a young man in prison for a nefarious crime (killing children) has to pay his debt becoming a whore, first raped by the prison guards, and then sold to the relatives of the children he killed. I wasn’t sure what was worst, the crime he committed or the punishment he was enduring. Because the young man was basically stupid, used by others as a mean for the crime, a crime he committed not understanding the implications.

But one o
Yingtai
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kink, m-m, slavery
In theory, I like the idea of an abjectly repentant captive, rescued by an angry but distant nobleman. In practice, it didn't quite work for me. Maybe the past rapes were too brutal?

There were several clever reversals of expectations, e.g. there really is a plausible explanation of how this firebreathing terrorist could be someone so vulnerable and submissive - but somehow I felt tricked rather than wowed. Maybe I didn't care enough about the characters - I didn't even find out their names until
Nik
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it
It was well written though the subject matter was disturbing. I deducted 2 stars only because the author is guilty of one of my all time pet peeves in the m/m genre, namely, overcharging for what is no more than a very short story. I think $1 per 100 pages is a fair price. $3.99 for only a hundred pages left me feeling ripped off. Either flesh out the story and some of the secondary characters more or lower the price. Oh, well. At least the author didn't write a short novella and then divide it ...more
Yblees
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-general
My first book by this author. Beautifully written, compelling story. Page turner to the end.
Unfortunately, this writer doesn't seem to do HEA at all. Bittersweet endings are nice, in small doses, but I don't know if I want to read story after story KNOWING they're all going to end in tears.
Alina
Feb 06, 2014 marked it as just-comment
I thought this story has a happy ending, but judging by some reviews it seems it doesn't. I checked the ending and it doesn't look like a HEA, so I don't think this story is for me :/
Erin Bethea
Dec 02, 2014
Deb Williams
Apr 13, 2013
MJ
rated it did not like it
Oct 16, 2017
Therese
Nov 27, 2014
Veronica
Oct 13, 2015
Honored in the Rainbow Awards, Dusk Peterson writes historical speculative fiction with diverse characters: historical fantasy, alternate history, and retrofuture science fiction. Friendship, romantic friendship, and romance often occur in the stories. Visit duskpeterson.com for e-books and free fiction.

A resident of Maryland, Mx. Peterson lives with an apprentice and several thousand books.

News & Interviews