Start by marking “The Emergency Diet: The Somewhat Hard, Very Controversial, Totally Unheard Of and Fastest Possible Way to Lose Weight” as Want to Read:

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  7 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
My name is Mollie, and for twelve years, I was obsessed with losing weight.

That's right: obsessed.

I woke up with it, I went to bed with it, I lived with it. I read, and read, and read-and I tried every method I could find to lose weight. Then, one day, I finally figured it out: a very, very fast weight loss method that kept my motivation high and my feelings of deprivation
Published June 1st 2012 by The Word Processor (first published April 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Emergency Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Emergency Diet

Kristen
Jul 03, 2012 rated it liked it
I received this book though the Goodreads.com First Reads giveaway. I got it and couldn't put it down, honestly if I ever wanted a super power it would be to obtain the knowledge of every book just by touching it. I wanted the book to spill its secrets immediately so I could begin my life getting thin.

Having said this I think that Mollie Player did a wonderful job telling people what worked for her. Since I have only gotten the book today, I obviously cannot state one way or the other if her di
EMP
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Diet works really well and there aren't a ton of guidelines, recipes or rules to follow. If you are already a low carber or if you are comfortable following a low carb diet, this will be pretty easy for you. It will also not be that controversial. If you still think that high carb, low fat is the answer, this book will definitely live up to its title only it will be VERY HARD. I like Mollie's writing. She is clear, concise and often humorous.
Julie
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was great motivator to lose weight and it worked for me... Took a hiatus and need to get back to it. Lots of stress on the new job, so I'm trying to get back to it. But if you follow the diet as described then it does work. Lost about .8 pounds every other day!
Natalie
rated it it was ok
Aug 08, 2012
Allison
Jan 20, 2015
JRA
Jan 15, 2016
Mollie Player
Jun 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Missy Harwood
Jessica
JennaMarie
5820804
Mollie Player is a freelance writer living in Seattle, Washington. Her books include You’re Getting Closer: One Year of Finding God and a Few Good Friends, What I Learned from Jane, Happiness is the Truth: A Spiritual Manifesto and more.

Player began her professional writing career in 2008 as a copywriter at an advertising agency in El Paso, Texas. In 2009, she moved to Seattle and started her free
More about Mollie Player...