Start by marking “Two Ravens and One Crow (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Two Ravens and One Crow (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #4.5)

Two Ravens and One Crow

(The Iron Druid Chronicles #4.5)

Atticus O’Sullivan is back in an all-new, action-packed, laugh-out-loud novella from the author of The Iron Druid Chronicles. Two-thousand-year-old Atticus may have outwitted and outfought everyone from Odin to Bacchus, but in this eBook original, he’s about to discover what comes around when you go around messing with gods.

Six years into the training of his beautiful
Published September 4th 2012 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Two Ravens and One Crow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Ravens and One Crow

Start your review of Two Ravens and One Crow (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #4.5)
Lyn
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it
The Morrigan rocks.

Reading Kevin Hearne’s Iron Druid series, I envision the Irish goddess of the dead and chooser of the slain as kind of goth rock star.

This novella sees Atticus halfway between the events from Tricked and Trapped, as he takes a break from Granuaile’s training to mend some fences with some deeply pissed off Norse deities.

Hearne’s writing is in top form and an Iron Druid story seems well fitted to a shorter format. Atticus is able to confront some high antagonists in a formal,
Tim
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another excellent short story in the Iron Druid Chronicles. 8 of 10 stars
Lynsey   (A Bookish Life)
A surprisingly fulfilling and action-packed novella.

I may seem a bit harsh saying this, but I find a lot of mid-series novellas to be unworthy of the e-ink they're displayed in. Most of the time, the stories within are so much padding and filler with no progression to the characters or the series as a whole. And I can understand why; you can't really have something major plot-wise happening in a novella that some people see as 'optional' reading. It will be far too confusing come the next book
Cathy
Oct 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Another short set between Tricked and Trapped, I think... Atticus is in the middle of training Granuaile, when the past catches up to try and kill him. The usual.
The relationship issues Atticus has with Granuaile are utterly ridiculous. It boils down to my major problem with this series. How can a guy that has lived for two millenia be so juvenile? The fight scenes are good, so is the humour. ScoobyDoo goes on my nerves every now and then. He pops up at moments, when it tends to break the flow
Kimberley doruyter
Apr 22, 2014 rated it liked it
this fills in a nice little hole
Mihir
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it

Full review originally at Bastard Books

ANALYSIS: As far as the sub-genre of urban fantasy is concerned, Kevin Hearne is counted as one of its upcoming stars and the Iron Druid Chronicles is named by many to be one of the best series out there currently. With four books released, the story has been progressing at a rapid rate and the world and mythologies introduced have made the read very riveting so far. However with the fourth book TRICKED, the story concluded the first arc of the series and
Cathy
Another terrific tale. Hearne is just a great storyteller, his writing is always perfectly smooth, with a great balance of adventure, humor and intelligence. He never fails to crack me up with the conversations that Atticus has with Oberon, I just love that dog. And the Morrigan is such an interesting character, it was fun to see a bit of a different side to her in this one as well. The story was a nice bridge between Tricked and Trapped, I really enjoyed it.
Bradley
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I needed to back up and read this little interlude because there were just too many references to it in the later novels. It was a quick but fun read and follows up 6 years after training his little love interest in the Druidic Arts. At this point, I'm getting my hands on everything I can to fill in my knowledge of this series. I'm hooked, plain and simple.
MLE
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
A fun, and informative addition to the series. Too often when authors put out short stories with the ongoing series it seems like nothing more than a cheap ploy to milk more profits out of readers. The stories have little substance, and no bearing on the series as a whole. I was pleasantly surprised to find this was not the case with this story. It was nice getting a feeling for Betty's training (nice names Coyote) without having to devote chapters to it. It was also nice to see the tension ...more
D.G.
Jul 30, 2012 rated it liked it
As 12 years pass between the events in Tricked (Bk 4) and Trapped (Bk 5), this novela is set right in the middle timewise and sets the stage for Ragnarök (the showdown between the Norse gods and some really bad people) and some very interesting alliances between Atticus and some gods. We also learn how Atticus and Granuaile are dealing with their 'working' relationship and some very revealing tidbits about Atticus' past.

I wouldn't say the book was boring but it didn't have excitement of previous
Traci (Mad Hatter Reads)
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a terrific novella and it's only $2.99! Woot! What an excellent addition to the Iron Druid Chronicles. Some of Atticus's decisions from prior books are coming back to haunt him and the decisions he makes in Two Ravens and One Crow will have ramifications in later on.

I missed Oberon, Atticus's meat-lovin' Irish wolfhound!!! Atticus and Oberon's back and forth always has me in stiches and while we get a little bit of that interaction, Atticus has to leave Oberon behind on this trip.
Melissa
Dec 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014
That was a great short story. A big jump forward in time, but it was also a great fill in on where things stand in the aftermath of the Asgard/Hel debacle and of course a peak at the temptations of druid apprentice training.
Jim
A good short story that should be read in the series order. A preview of the 5th book "Trapped" is included. Sounds like it will be good. Luke Daniels read this well. Thankfully, Oberon only had a few lines because Daniels' voice for him drives me crazy. It's awful.
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-audio

A fun, quick listen to get me back in the mood for Atticus and Oberon.
Kate
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great Atticus adventure- and just the audiobook I needed for the long, snowy drive to and from work this wintry day!
Kat  Hooper
Jun 15, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5
Originally posted at Fantasy Literature:

You could think of Two Ravens and One Crow as book 4 in Kevin Hearne’s IRON DRUID CHRONICLES series. It’s a novella that takes place halfway between book 4, Tricked, and book 5, Trapped. I don’t always read these “extra” stories, but I think fans of THE IRON DRUID CHRONICLES will want to read this one because 12 years passes between Tricked and Trapped —Atticus is training Granuaile to be a druid during this time
Beth
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a pleasant surprise. I was just finishing Hunted and feeling a little bereft it was over when I saw Two Ravens and One Crow following. My book dance followed...

photo tumblr_inline_mhpvm36OLn1qz4rgp_zpsb4f1d922.gif

Two Ravens and One Crow takes place early into Granuaile's training. A large crow swoops in transforming into The Morrigan, telling Atticus that he must come with her to fix his healing tattoo.

An unexpected, yet weary, friendship is born and we get the inside scoop.

If you are a Iron Druid Chronicle fan, I highly recommend you
Fangs for the Fantasy
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Regular readers know that we are huge fans of Kevin Hearne and have a tendency to fanpoodle terribly, but oh my goodness it's Kevin Hearne, how could we not? Because this is a novella, it's going to be difficult to talk about without spoilers, so consider yourself warned.

Atticus still has a few years left in his training of Granuaile and this of course means much sexual tension. He has devised a plan with Oberon to "conceal the tower of his CARNAL DESIRE," by leaving to give his faithful hound
John
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Can I have just a little peril?"
"No, it's far too perilous!"

**Atticus bantering about his attraction to Granuaile with Oberon**

This novella bridges the gap between the previous adventure "Tricked" and the current one "Trapped". In the midst of training Granuaile, Atticus receives a visit from everyone's favorite goddess Morrigan- who has her own designs on our boy, both personal and professional. Seems there's some fallout from the events in Asgard that needs addressing, and the parties
Jessi
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kevin-hearne
Catching up with what Atticus & crew were up to was good especially since the next novel jumps 12 years from the last one. And for a short novella, the story was awesome. I could easily see the author making it longer if they so chose to. The story takes place 6 years after Tricked and we discover that Odin & Frigg know that Atticus faked his death. One would think that they want his head (and they do) but they want him fighting in Ragnarok even more. The Morrigan was in the book as well ...more
Caroline
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, urban-fantasy
Decent novella that takes place in between books, and the best part by far was Atticus finally retelling the story of how he learned the recipe for his life-extending tea. This gives a tiny bit of present-day plot, but it's all setup for the future of the series and there really wasn't much of it. Most of this felt like filler content, with Atticus spending an awful lot of time talking about erections (I mean, seriously, after thousands of years he still acts and sounds like a teenage boy in so ...more
Eric
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone looking to get into the urban fantasy genre
Recommended to Eric by: Nicole Evans
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Sometimes less is more. Such is the case with this novella, which advances Atticus's story more than the previous novel, Tricked, did, while at the same time maintaining the tone of the overarching series, as well as its mythology, excitement and humor. Has me very excited to read the next novel in the series, Trapped.
Lena

"We're all doomed..."
- Atticus O'Sullivan

Yeah...
So this was mildly entertaining. Low three stars. Atticus agrees to make up for the wrongs he's laid on the Norse pantheon, there's a bit of danger, fighting, and I think he may have knocked up The Morigan.

It's lame to find Atticus and Granuaile in the middle of nowhere living in a trailer trying not to jump in bed with each other.

What the hell happened to this series?
Angela
MUST READ prior to book 5.
Lauren Stoolfire
How I missed Luke Daniels' dulcet tones! This short story is a must read for fans the series and is set six years into Granuaile's training.
Kim Howard
This novella packed a punch. Lots of intrigue and action for a short story. This also helps fill in some time gaps between books 4 and 5 since 12 years pass from one book to the next. Highly recommended if you are reading the series.
Megan  Fox
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great listen. Luke Daniels, as always, is an awesome narrator!
Jessica
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I realized with this short story that I don’t really like the main character… He’s shallow and kinda an unfeeling jerk. Doubt I’ll continue.
Luv
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice short. Loving the Morrigan in this one
Joanna
Nov 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
A short novella that ties in well with the series.

• A Fantasy Medley 3
  • Side Jobs: Stories from the Dresden Files (The Dresden Files, #12.5)
  • Monster Hunter Legion (Monster Hunter International, #4)
  • Cold Days (The Dresden Files, #14)
  • Carniepunk
  • Monster Hunter Alpha (Monster Hunter International, #3)
  • Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, #8)
  • Kill the Farm Boy (The Tales of Pell, #1)
  • Brief Cases (The Dresden Files, #15.1)
  • Urban Enemies
  • No Country for Old Gnomes (The Tales of Pell, #2)
  • Changes (The Dresden Files, #12)
  • Just Another Judgement Day (Nightside, #9)
  • Cursed (Alex Verus, #2)
  • Ever After (The Hollows, #11)
  • Marked (Alex Verus, #9)
  • Burned (Alex Verus, #7)
  • The Princess Beard: The Tales of Pell
Kevin is the NYT bestselling author of the Iron Druid Chronicles, as well as The Seven Kennings, an epic fantasy trilogy, and the Tales of Pell, a humorous fantasy series co-authored with Delilah S. Dawson. INK & SIGIL, a new urban fantasy series set in the Iron Druid universe, will be out in 2020.

The Iron Druid Chronicles (10 books)
  • Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1)
  • Hexed (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #2)
  • Hammered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
  • Tricked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #4)
  • Goddess at the Crossroads
  • Trapped (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #5)
  • Hunted (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #6)
  • Shattered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #7)
  • Staked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #8)
  • Scourged (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #9)
“Oberon "Holy revelations Druidman! She's on to us!"
Atticus "Gods below, I think you're right! Quick, to the Geekmobile!”
17 likes
“Morrigan "What are guilt ferrets:"

Atticus "They're bastards. They cling to your neck and tickle and bite and generally make you miserable, which is a pretty good trick for a metaphor."

They were also impervious to logic, perhaps their most diabolical power.”
13 likes