Start by marking “Somebody to Love” as Want to Read:
Somebody to Love

Somebody to Love

Sigh with contentment, scream with frustration. At times you will weep.

After that idiot of a husband ran off with that broomstick of a girl, single-mom Donna thinks there's no sunshine in her future. What she needs now is a hunk of a guy who loves her and her three-legged dog with no complications.

Solution? Call the police.

Mark is a single dad with two big worries – protec
Published July 1st 2012 by Safkhet Soul (first published June 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Somebody to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Somebody to Love

Start your review of Somebody to Love
J.B (Debbie)
Jun 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wendy Janes
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Donna and Mark have both been hurt before. Donna’s husband has run off with a younger, thinner model, and although she knows she’s loved by her teenage son and their three-legged dog, she wants a man in her life. Mark’s wife left him when the demands of looking after their autistic son grew too much, and although working as a policeman and bringing up Karl alone are more than full-time occupations, he needs a woman in his life. Will they find their special somebody to love?

The strength and vulne
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Reviewd: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

This book is a laugh a minute from the beginning to the end!

Somebody to Love is a truly heartfelt and emotional read! The budding romance between Donna and Mark (and yes ladies he is a man in uniform so you get my drift when I say YUMMY) was so sweet and tender.

I love how the author shows that it is easy to get caught up in a tangle of lies and when it comes crashing down you wish that you had not started with lie number one to begin with. The book had de
Julianna
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cops-military
It was an ok book. There is alot of drama between the main characters with all the misunderstandings but the interactions wiyh his son where touching. Overall a good read.
Lorraine.Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 04-13
Funny with an interesting story of assistance dogs.
Midge Lightbody
Apr 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Absurd....

I really enjoyed the Second Wife, but this book was ridiculous… I’m really not sure why I finished it - How to people could “misinterpret” words and actions time after time after time is just silly… I wouldn’t waste your time with this one!
Mary Geraghty
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amen!!!

Laughed, cried and found a book to love. What a lovely feel good story. This is what is so needed in the world. Fantastic. 😃😂🐕
Lindsay
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantice
'Laugh,' he said....You do it beautifully.'

Donna O'Connor is a single mum to teenager Matt, and wonderful three-legged dog Sadie and little houserabbit Findus. She works in an office but would ideally like to get involved in working directly with children with difficulties, at a respite home, helping them learn. Her first marriage ended, her ex-husband Jeremy now having taken up with someone new, and being less than helpful with his fathering duties to Matt.

Mark is a policeman and single father
Sophie
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Posted originally http://www.reviewedthebook.co.uk/2014...

Somebody to Love on first judgment (the cover) looks like a light, adorable story and whilst it was a really sweet novel, I was blown away by Sheryl’s beautiful writing. This book is much more than meets the eye – funny at times and at others more touching. Alongside the romance between Donna and Mark, Sheryl’s writing takes us on a journey which shows us, with Sadie, Findus and Starbuck, how pets can impact on our lives and with Karl, M
Kate’s Book Spot
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I got this eBook when it was available as a free download from Amazon (its current price at the time of writing this review is £1.98).

I was quickly absorbed by the story and ended up staying awake until past midnight with the old ‘just one more chapter’ routine. This meant that I finished the book in less than a day – I was just so engrossed in the characters lives that I had to know what would happen next for them.

When Donna and Mark met for the first time they got very friendly very quickly an
Tricia Drammeh
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Note: The publisher provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

My Review: I love romance novels, so I was eager to read this book. I expected a nice, light-hearted story and was not disappointed. What I did not expect was a story of such substance and beauty. This story came as a wonderful surprise and I've been recommending it to friends, romance and non-romance lovers alike.

As an animal lover, I appreciate the important role animals play in this book. Donna's relationship wi
Karen
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Donna O’Connor has divorced her cheating, controlling husband and lives with her beloved teenage son Matt, her 3 legged dog Sadie and a lovable hungry rabbit, Findus - who seems to spend most of his life under the kitchen table looking for food.

Whilst out shopping one day, instead of getting a parking ticket she gets a date with a hunky policeman, Mark Evans. However the course of true love never does run smooth and both Donna and Mark face misunderstandings galore in their quest for true love.
Suze Lavender
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Donna is a single mother of a teenage son called Matt. His father is a horrible man who bullied his mother and he's unfortunately also not very good at keeping his promises towards his son. Fortunately Matt is nothing like him, he's more like his mother who is a kind and gentle person. When Donna meets policeman Mark she likes him immediately and the feeling is mutual. They want to go out together, but things aren't so easy for either of them and a lot of issues are standing in their way. Mark i ...more
Shona Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
When I first picked this book up I wasn't supposed to be reading at all, I was supposed to be doing housework. I figured a cheeky look at the first chapter wouldn't hurt, but at the end of the chapter I didn't want to put the book down, and we all know what happens then... this book was devoured and my housework went undone.

By the end of that first chapter I felt quite sorry for Donna, she really did come across as very naive with low self esteem, mind you her scumbag ex didn't help matters. Mar
Heidi
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Donna and Mark are in very similar positions. Both are single and are looking to find “the one” they can trust and share the rest of their lives with. To add a few complications, Mark is a single dad to his autistic son Karl. He doesn’t enter easily into new relationships (and often doesn’t mention Karl from the beginning), but will Donna be the perfect partner for him?

I love the very cleverly chosen title of this book. In the end, isn’t this what everyone wants – Somebody to Love? I’ve read a f
Victoria
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Donna O' Connor, raising a teenage son whose father tends to ignore him, and reeling from a tumultuous marriage to same, returns to find her car illegally parked and Officer Mark Evans, a blue-eyed hunk in uniform, coming out of the post office aimed directly for her vehicle. Instead of a ticket, they agree to have coffee.

Because he's afraid he'll scare her off, Mark won't tell her he has a young, autistic son. She won't tell him about her miserable marriage and her hopes and dreams of leaving h
Tracey
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I first started reading this book I was fooled into thinking this is a sweet and gentle read. And it is – for a while. Straight away I was won over by Donna, a single mother with her adorable pets and a pain in the rear ex-husband. This is where the gentle begins, where the author adds humour into a very real character who you would want to be your friend.

Though there’s a strong attraction between Donna and Mark – who seems to arrive at both the wrong and right times in equal measure – ther
P. Reads
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Somebody to love is a story which can capture you from the start to the end. It can be frustrating for a moment but nevetheless enjoyable.

As Mark, the main male charatcter, is a single dad who raise only six years old son with Autism - and no, this time his wife is not dead as usual in stories where the main character is a single dad - his world is shaken from the top to the bottom. So as single dad with a son who has Autism, he makes several mistakes, so many parents with children with Autism
Helen Leecy
Aug 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, this was disappointingly awful!
I thought I would give Browne’s chick-lit genre a go after loving her psychological thriller ‘The Babysitter’ a few weeks back, but this was just terrible. The style of writing was awful; the storyline and flow of the story were disjointed. It was just all over the place and so hard to read. If I put it down for a few hours after a chapter and came back to it, I honestly had no clue what was going on when I picked it back up. I had to continually keep getting
Carol W
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle
Donna is a single working mum to Matt, Findus and Sadie, but beneath that strong exterior is a woman that is still reeling from what her ex-husband did to her.

Mark, is a hard working police officer and single dad to Karl. This is a dad who goes the extra mile both in his job and at home with his autistic son. Add into the mix a father that is becoming more dependent, though trying to be fiercely independent.

This must be quite a small community as the two main character paths do cross quite often
Debbie
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book it really covered well the affects of divorce, disability, Alzheimer's & the problems faced by gay people. Sheryl really covered prejudices well in this book. She has shown the feelings of stepping back into dating after a divorce & how scary it can be, as well as the problems faced by people like Matt who has a son who has autism & his fears of how getting back into a relationship can be even more scary for somebody with a disabled child who doesn't react well to chan ...more
Danielle-Claude Mba
Mark and Donna, a series of unfortunate events!
5 hopping stars!!!
Hotness factor: Will they...won't they?

This book is a movie. A good old fashioned rom-com... and who doesn't like a good rom-com :)
From the opening credits (Queen playing the background) to the fade out where you can still hear Donna's mum talking, you can't help but falling in love with Mark and Donna. Now if they could just finish their sentences once in a while... they could have avoided a lot of quiproquos...
That being said w
LAKristy
Well written and edited stand-alone book, with no cliffhanger. As an American, I sometimes find British authors a challenging read because of the slang, but that wasn't the case with this author. There is slang, but its context was always clear.

This story has two insecure, but likeable main characters, surrounded by interesting, believable people with a variety of challenging problems. The couple needs to work through a series of misunderstandings, while managing their own complex lives. It's an
BestChickLit.com
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once again Sheryl Browne has succeeded in creating a world that will make you believe in love again and that sometimes two people really are perfect for each other, even if they get their wires crossed every now and then. Her recipe of real world situations mixed with laugh out loud humour, adorable animals and undeniable sexual chemistry never fails to delight her readers and Somebody to Love is a perfect example of this!

As funny as Sheryl’s writing is, there is no denying that she has tackled
Natasha Jackson
Mar 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: contempary
I thought the heroine was very childish. The Jody situation went on too long. When the truth finally came out I had to stop reading. The hero should have told the truth from the beginning. I understand he wants a life of his own but he shouldn't want to start something with anyone that might not accept his son. I guess this book wasn't for me since it has got so many 5 stars.
Brian Pratt
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love the combination of a serious subject in a rom com context which worked really well and made for a very poignant and entertaining read. Not a book a man would normally pick up but I am really glad I did so.
Michelle
Jun 17, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: purchased-tbr, blah
Couldn't get into this. Made it 25%.
Christine Fox

• The Guilty Mother
  • The Three Women
  • Little Whispers
  • The Secret
  • Perfect Daughter (No Greater Strength, #1)
  • All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
  • The Apartment
  • The Girl on the Beach (Borteen Secrets #1)
  • The Light in the Hallway
  • Nome-o Seeks Juliet (Odds-Are-Good, #2)
  • Cowboy Strong (Longhorn Canyon, #7)
  • Show Time (Juniper Ridge Romantic Comedies #1)
  • Four Short Weeks: Return to Lighthouse Point (Charming Inn Book 4)
  • Lucky's Beach
  • Departed: David and Sara (Cliffside Bay, #10)
  • Her Greatest Mistake
  • One Hundred Glances
Hi, I’m Sheryl Browne writing psychological thriller and contemporary fiction. My latest psychological thriller THE NEW GIRLFRIEND is published by fabulous BOOKOUTURE. A member of the Crime Writers’ Association and the Romantic Novelists’ Association, and previously writing for award winning Choc Lit, I have several books published and two short stories in Birmingham City University anthologies, w ...more