Start by marking “Origins of Dark Angel (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Origins of Dark Angel (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #3.5)

Origins of Dark Angel (Dark Angel Chronicles #3.5)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  223 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Before he became the Dark Angel of McClarron, North Dakota, Elis had a life on his homeworld of Inar'Ahben…or tried to. A younger brother tormented by his older sister. A Keeper hunted by the Shirukan. A best friend betrayed. And a survivor sent alone to Earth to protect a shard of the Starfire crystal. For Elis, peace was only a word.

Every story has a beginning. This is t
Published November 29th 2011 by Prairie Star Publishing (first published November 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Origins of Dark Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Origins of Dark Angel

Nicky Cartwright Pashley
This great book will be on sale VERY soon!

I have grown fond of the character of Elis, through the Starfire Angels books. This book therefore provided a great opportunity to learn more about this young man and what had happened to bring him to Earth.

The book allows Elis to explain his past to Raea, his bonded mate and heroine of the previous books in this series.

The story explains the culture and society of the Inari people. It explores the political turmoil, the hierarchy, the complexities of
I was the lucky one person on this entire planet who got to read Origins of Dark Angel before ANYBODY ELSE! I was excited, I was apprehensive, I was jonesin' for my Starfire Angels fix (because Melanie Nilles can't write them fast enough - ask any of her fans).
It did not disappoint me.
Origins is book 3 1/2 in the Starfire Angels series, where we've been following the escapades and tribulations of Raea Dahlrich, the Crystal Keeper born on Earth after her mother escaped their homeland, fearing p
Marsha
Dec 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I'm not sure if it was a good thing that I read this book before I have read any of the other books in this series, but I know that I definitely want to read more of Starfire Angel series. This book gives a background/pre-story to Elis and why he ended up on Earth. It was well written and well paced. The characters seemed to be very well thought out and developed too. Nilles is not an author that I have read before, but she will definitely get my attention in the future and my recommendations as ...more
Emmanuelle
May 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!! Again. Honestly, this entire series is just awesome. It's entertaining, fast paced and every new book develops the characters beyond what the prior books have done. The more you read, the more you become part of the world. I can't wait to start reading "Forever Dark" though it makes me sad that I'll have to wait even longer after that for new books in the Inari world to be developped. I will keep buying and reading any books in this series, even when it becomes about new characters.
Shannon
Loved it. FINALLY readers were able to see into Elis's mind so completely in order to understand the world he came from and what makes him who he is. Once again Melanie Nilles has painted a beautiful picture of an alien world, home to peaceful and caring beings (if only humans could be more like them). I am so glad I started reading this series via Kindle Free books. I would now pay a good amount for them as I have fallen in love with this series and the characters that Melanie has created.
Pamela
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a great background story of the Dark Angel. It really helps to understand the character of Elis and his relationships and experiences before coming to Earth to protect and train Rhea! High marks to the author.
Terri
Sep 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original review found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/

An enjoyable and easy read. This story focuses around Elis who is by far the most interesting character in the series.

I do admit that I am ready to see this series end as it is starting to get repetitive.
Matt
Jan 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway-books
I won this book on Firstreads.
Mom
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like the series.
Sara
Oct 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved hearing Elis' story. I can't wait until the next book comes out. :)
Sarah Bradley
Awesome

this series just gets better and better.I can't put it down. I'm hoping she has other great series to read!
Robert
Excellent book. It was great to read about what drove Elis to become the Dark Angel and to see his life before he came to earth. This series just keeps getting better.
Lisa
I loved this book. I loved reading Elis' history and how he became a keeper.
Marissa
Sep 07, 2016
Leigh Anne
Mar 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Cursed (A Dark Faerie Tale, #3.5)
  • A Dark Grave (The Elysium Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Anathema (Sojournor, #4)
  • Afterlife (Fall of Angels, #3.5)
  • Dark Lands: Fallon / Homecoming (Darklands, #4 & 2)
  • Forever (Fateful, #3)
  • Vendetta (The Guardians, #2)
  • Finding Fiona
  • Tales of Aradia the Last Witch Volume 2
  • Netherworld (Soul Guardians #4)
  • Fly
  • Roots and Wings (The Gifted Teens, #2)
  • Luna's Sokjan (Book one)
  • Blue Blood for Life (My Blood Runs Blue, #2)
  • Isaac
  • The Glassheart Chronicles
  • Avow (Last Selkie, #0.5)
  • Lost Seraphine (Seraphine Trilogy, #2)
2056014
Melanie Nilles (aka M. A. Nilles) is an avid animal lover and resides with her husband, kids, and a clowder of cats who take advantage of their human slaves for food and warm laps. An equestrian of over thirty years, Melanie has trained and ridden all disciplines from race horses to cow horses and western show and speed events to jumping and dressage.

At the same time, Melanie (Mel to those who kno
More about Melanie Nilles...

Dark Angel Chronicles (4 books)
  • Starfire Angels (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #1)
  • Broken Wings (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #2)
  • Crystal Tomb (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #3)
  • Forever Dark (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles #4)