Start by marking “Double Header (Hardball, #2)” as Want to Read:
Double Header (Hardball, #2)

Double Header

(Hard Ball #2)

When Javier Vargas was traded from the Portland Pioneers to the Grand Rapids Bengals, he didn’t just leave his team behind… he turned his back on the love of his life. Now, a year later, short stop Zach Martin is playing for the Bengals, as well, and Javier can’t believe he ever walked away from the scorching heat between them.

Being a Bengal brings its own complications fo
Published June 27th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Double Header, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Header

Smith Barney
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Appreciated the nice baseball slant and dressing to this sports/themed romance but way too short to even get anything started.
Serena Yates
Aug 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
Professional baseball players, like other athletes, have a harder time than many professions when coming out and that reality provides extra obstacles for Javier and Zach. The many baseball details give this book a solid setting, the characters felt real (including all the stupid mistakes people make), and the two main characters , Zach and Javier, each had their own reasons why they behaved the way they did. Their situation made me mad and I felt for them.

Zach still cannot get over the fact tha
Julesmarie
Jul 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This is another one I'm having a hard time deciding a rating for. There were some things I liked and some things I didn't, so it makes picking a star rating difficult.

What I liked:
--Zach and Javier were definitely believable to me as a former couple who still have feelings for each other. The emotion between them was well done: I really felt their sadness, regret, attraction, and finally hope as the story progressed.

(view spoiler)
Kelly_Instalove
He picked up his bat and reminded himself that the butterflies in his stomach were uncharacteristic at-bat nerves, not anything to do with Zach. And men didn’t get butterflies, anyway. They got…bats. Or something else bad ass.

The set-up:

A trade to the Grand Rapids Bengals puts shortstop Zach Martin back on the field with Javier Vargas — the catcher who broke his heart a year earlier.

The hits:

Two — count ‘em, TWO! — beta heroes; more great ballplayer interaction; and some swoon-worthy non-sex r
Karen
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
I was fortunate to win the first three ebooks in the Hard Ball series in a giveaway the author had on her blog. They're the first contemporary baseball romances I've read (is that even a genre?). They are novellas, so the stories move right along. I like the variety of relationships that get focus: m/f (Long Relief), m/m (this book), m/f/m (Triple Play). I'm glad I had all three, as I think reading just one wouldn't satisfy—I certainly wished they were longer, that we'd gotten to know more about ...more
Debbie
Argh.....too freaking short.....It was nice to see a bit of Chris and Maggie's story in this novella too!
Brenda
Wonder Woman
Jan 24, 2016
Jessica
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I don't think I've ever read a romance with two guys. Very well written!
Fernanda Parente
Lesley Bradley
Nov 01, 2015
Joanne
Dec 29, 2012
Abigail Barnette is the pseudonym of Jenny Trout, an author, blogger, and funny person. Jenny made the USA Today bestseller list with her debut novel, Blood Ties Book One: The Turning. Her American Vampire was named one of the top ten horror novels of 2011 by Booklist Magazine Online. As Abigail Barnette, Jenny writes award-winning erotic romance, including the internationally bestselling The Boss ...more

Hard Ball (3 books)
  • Long Relief (Hardball, #1)
  • Triple Play (Hardball, #3)