Start by marking “The Mystery of the Fiery Eye (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the Fiery Eye (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #7)

The Mystery of the Fiery Eye (Die drei Fragezeichen (Hörspiele) #5)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  1,702 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
The Three Investigators must solve an old man's riddle to uncover a great fortune for their friend, Gus. But they're racing against a sinister bunch of treasure hunters who are also hot on the trail. Who will arrive first at the mysterious Fiery Eye?
Published September 12th 1984 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1967)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Fiery Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Fiery Eye

Quentin Wallace
I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as the previous books. I don't know if the formulaic stories are starting to wear on me, or it this one just wasn't as good.

The international boy this time was English, so they are sticking with that plot device. This time they are searching for a cursed ruby. It's a pretty typical mystery, with nothing special and no big surprises. Still not bad, just less than what I expect from the series.
Lea
Ich hatte mir eine englische Taschenbuchausgabe aus den Neunzigern mit diesem grässlichen Cover gekauft:

Trotz des eher bescheuerten Aussehens, hat es Spaß gemacht, es auf Englisch zu lesen. Ich finde das gerade auch die sehr alten Illustrationen einen Charme haben, auch wenn besonders Peter und Bob so gar nicht meinem Bild entsprechen.

Sprachlich habe ich gelernt, dass die Telefonlawine im Original "Ghost-to-Ghost Hookup" heißt, wobei das Ghost ein Codewort für die ganzen Kinder ist. Mhm. Da bi
Mark
2009 review - Alfred Hitchcock approaches the boys with their latest case, endeavouring to help an English boy (August August) to find his inheritance, a jewel called The Fiery Eye. The only clue is a cryptic letter but also on the trail of the jewel is a sinister Indian and a gang of thieves. This is fast paced, good fun and features Liz Logan, a talkative young girl who desperately wants to be an investigator herself (and who, I now know, is based on Robert Arthur’s daughter Elizabeth). Very e ...more
Sri
May 01, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Trio detektif kembali dihadapkan pada suatu misteri berdasarkan pesan wasiat orang yang sudah mati. Ternyata jawabannya ada di dekat markas mereka sendiri. Tepatnya di salvage yard. Tepatnya ada pada salah satu barang dagangan paman dan bibi Jupiter Jones. Sayangnya, Aunt Mathilda kadung menjualnya kepada entah siapa. Berkat bantuan ghost-to-ghost hookup, trio detektif kembali menemukannya. Tapi bener ga sih jawabannya ada di situ? Ternyata hanya ada pesan, "Anda belum beruntung. Coba lagi!" Heh ...more
Kolan
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best childhood series I read starting in the fourth grade. The best of the so called "syndicate Books" Reading them now brings back the memories and pleasure I had when reading them as a child.
Jeff Stephenson
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AH&T3I Update: 7 read, 21 hardbacks to go!

Confidence renewed! What a great addition to the series! All of the titles in the Three Investigators series are great stories, but after the first 5 titles were absolutely awesome, I recently lamented that the sixth book seemed to be fairly "Hardy Boy-ish" in structure. The sixth book seemed to rely more on lucky breaks and improbable finds than on good old fashioned deduction of the facts. That is not really a bad thing. It is just not what I expec
Becca
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eric
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this series as a kid with my mom. I purchased an old, used copy online and just read it with my youngest daughter. The first few chapters were a bit boring, but then we got hooked and couldn't put it down. A good, clean mystery.
Mark
Mar 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Alfred Hitchcock approaches the boys with their latest case, endeavouring to help an English boy (August August) to find his inheritance, a jewel called The Fiery Eye. The only clue is a cryptic letter but also on the trail of the jewel is a sinister Indian and a gang of thieves. This is fast paced, good fun and features Liz Logan, a talkative young girl who desperately wants to be an investigator herself (and who, I now know, is based on Robert Arthur’s daughter Elizabeth). Very enjoyable, with ...more
Heather
Jun 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forumlaic? Check.
Predicatlbe? Check.
Kept me reading for hours as a child? Yes.

I know these books have been updated a bit, so I hope that hasn't changed the overall flavor of the adventures of Jupiter Jones and his friends. The Three Investigators are kids who are freelance detectives who work out a junkyard. They are so well known a prince from a a fake Eastern European country requests their assistance to see who's plotting his assasination. Didn't every kid dream of such an adventure? I spent
Jackie "the Librarian"
Mar 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young mystery readers
I love a good puzzle, and this is a fun one, with Jupiter and pals trying to solve a will in the form of a cryptic poem. They must track down the busts of several famous Greeks and Romans, figure out the angle of sun at the right time of day, and keep one step ahead of the villains trying to keep their client's inheritance away from him.
Read it if you can find it!
Hana Bilqisthi
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alhamdulillah akhirnya bisa merasakan kembali keseruan, berdebar-debar, kening berkerut membaca petualangan trio detektif :D
aih kayaknya kalau jadi Liz Logan aku akan melakukan hal yang sama..
menawarkan diri untuk bergabung menjadi bagian trio detektif..
hehehe
tapi kalau aku bergabung judulnya bukan trio detektif lagi dong? XD
I had fun!
Wavegenerator
I'm obsessed with this children's series of mystery novels, and this is perhaps the best one of the batch. They have a quaint, dated, innocent quality about them that I quite enjoy. I read this book when I was in about fourth or fifth grade, and now I own one of the original illustrations from it. Go Three Investigators!
Lance
Aug 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is a wonderful one for kids. The Hitchcock character only does what amounts to cameos, and sometimes, if I remember correctly, doesn't even show up at all. The ones about the Mexican bandit and the Spider stand out in my mind and I remember them quite well. Overall, they were all fun to read.
Muspitta
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mata Berapi, yakalee awal baca aku kira mata berapi itu nama hantu juga. ternyata malah nama permata. akibat dari rasa penasaraaaan yang dea banget akhirnya aku malah search di google soal batu berharga mata berapi.

Ini petualangan yang mendebarkan karena ada semacam psikopat yang bakalan membunuh mereka.
dan cara penyembunyian mata berapi bener-bener ellegant
Mike
Jan 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Came across a stack of "The Three Investigators" mysteries at my parents house over the holidays. I burned through these Hardy Boys knock-offs as I kid and had fun reading this one to my son. How can you give less than three stars to a book where the bad guys, without a hint of humor, are called The Black Mustache Gang?
Ismi Persson
Lebih seru dari misteri #6 walau unsur misterinya tidak ada kecuali masalah kesialan yang berasal dari sebuah permata yang disebut Mata Berapi yang hilang selama lebih dari limapuluh tahun. Trio Detektif kali ini didampingi remaja dari Inggris bernama Gus, dan penyegaran dengan penambahan karakter gadis bernama Liz Logan. Cukup Menghibur..
Mitchell Gage
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
When I sold my collection of 30+ novels on e-bay, I kept this one.

One of my favourites of the series - I always liked the 'treasure hunt' style ones where Jupe and the boys have to decrypt the puzzle-style clues.
Nuning Indani
Funny the description of the book in goodreads is false.It should be a some kind of treasure hunt. And,there is another.I do not understand how come a boy with high knowledge like Jupiter does not know Shakespeare or Julius Caesar?
T J
Jupiter Jones and his crew are on the case of a mysterious inheritance for a boy name Gus. His great uncle left him a cryptic note to puzzle out by his birthday. A curse and strange man with 3 dots on his forehead is standing in their way. What an exciting adventure!
Ronald
possibly read in winter 1968
Ryan Mishap
Dec 24, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: when-i-was-a-lad
Can't believe I forgot to add that I would love to live in a junkyard with an old RV buried under trash that has secret tunnels and a freakin" periscope!
Jessica
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jessica by: my mom
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Serena
May 03, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
My Rating System:
Fiona
Mar 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
one of my favourite investigator books.

Robert Stewart
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best. Brilliant story.
Pujiyanto stiffy
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
reread lagi setelah hampir 15 tahun saat pertama kali membacanya.
Dan rasanya masih sama!! iki termasuk salah satu kisah Trio Detektif yang asyik.
Carlo
Aug 07, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it so e3ry nice
Novi Maizir
Aug 23, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
salah satu serial detektif favorit...it always amazed me.. ...love you, alfie.. ;)
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • The Secret of the Crooked Cat (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #13)
  • The Mystery of the Flaming Footprints (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #15)
  • The Mystery of the Rogues' Reunion (The Three Investigators, #40)
Robert Jay Arthur, Jr. was a mystery writer known for The Mysterious Traveler radio series and his Three Investigators series of novels. He is frequently confused with the film producer Robert Arthur, who was nine days older than mystery writer Robert Arthur, Jr.

Robert Arthur, Jr. wrote a number of mystery books, mostly for children, and he also worked on the anthology television series Alfred Hit
More about Robert Arthur...

Die drei Fragezeichen (Hörspiele) (1 - 10 of 192 books)
  • The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #2)
  • The Secret of Phantom Lake (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #19)
  • The Mystery of the Invisible Dog (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #23)
  • The Mystery of the Talking Skull (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #11)
  • The Mystery of the Green Ghost (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Shrinking House (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #18)
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)
  • The Secret of Terror Castle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #1)