Start by marking “The Homebrewers' Recipe Guide: More than 175 original beer recipes including magnificent pale ales, ambers, stouts, lagers, and seasonal brews, plus tips from the master brewers” as Want to Read:

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  86 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Great beers to make at home, including more than 175 original beer recipes ranging from magnificent pale ales to ambers, stouts, lagers, and seasonal brews, plus tips from master brewers.

If you’re into homebrewing, then you know that you can never have enough recipes. The Homebrewer’s Recipe Guide will slake your thirst for more than 175 different beers in a variety of sty
Published September 16th 1996 by Touchstone

To ask other readers questions about The Homebrewers' Recipe Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Homebrewers' Recipe Guide

B. Jay
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A solid book of recipes and tips on brewing beer. A bit dated in parts, but the majority of the knowledge contained within the book holds true today. I especially enjoyed the selections of old literature featuring beer, from Rip van Winkle to Benjamin Franklin. Currently sipping a Saison I brewed from one of the recipes, and it turned out great.
Ronald Smith
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good book. A bit dated as far as what ingredients are currently available on the market, but still a solid reference for extract / steeping specialty grain brewing. Good recipes to adapt and modify.
Brian Wood
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fermenting
This is a recipe book. I didn't read it cover to cover, but I have read all the tips and sections in between the recipes and I have brewed some of these recipes and had great results. This is a good book for the extract brewer or the all grain brewer, all the recipes can be converted. These recipes are all for a 5 gallon boil, but I do them with a 3 gallon boil and top off with 2 gallons and they are fine.
D
Jan 26, 2011 rated it liked it
The half-dozen or so recipes I've made from this book have been decent, but it's a bit annoying that it only seems to list original gravities (OG) and not final gravities (FG). It seems a bit silly to have one without the other. Directions are not always terribly specific, but haven't failed me yet.
Up2orbit
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book, full of recipes for people brewing beer using malt extract. I got lots of ideas from this book, both using their recipes directly, and in modifying some for my own use. A must-have for any homebrewer who has made a few batches and wants to branch out. This is not a how-to book...it assumes you already know how to brew beer.
Verna