Start by marking “Never Stop Shutting Up: A Book of Advice and Other Things You Didn't Ask For” as Want to Read:
Never Stop Shutting Up: A Book of Advice and Other Things You Didn't Ask For

Never Stop Shutting Up: A Book of Advice and Other Things You Didn't Ask For

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  120 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Published July 2012 (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Never Stop Shutting Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Stop Shutting Up

Samantha
Jul 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
After watching Mike's videos I was really interested in reading his book. I thought it would have the same tone as his videos. If I knew him personally I might have been able to associate the voice in the book with his voice, but I don't know him personally, I just like watching him walk around his neighbourhood talking shit about the human race. The voice is the book isn't really like the voice of his videos. The tone is the same, but I think the way he phrases things in the book wouldn't trans ...more
Willow Redd
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youtube
I've watched Mike Falzone's videos for a while now, and last year I got a chance to meet him at VidCon. That was when I decided I definitely needed to get his book and give it a read. It would take me almost a year to actually buy and read the book, but when I did, I powered through it on my way home from VidCon 2014.

And it is absolutely fantastic!

Falzone has a way of being open and honest while also being sarcastic as hell. Included amongst the essays in this book are little gems that take the
Trina
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, own, 4stars, 2012
I really enjoyed Mike Falzone's first novel, Never Stop Shutting Up. I would have loved to give it the full five stars, but I settled for four. This book was a great deal shorter than it should have been (in my opinion, I guess really I just want more Mike Falzone), I noticed quite a few typos (although I'm not sure if that is because he self published and may not have had an editor, however, typos just generally annoy me), and it didn't seem to be the same Mike Falzone as he is in his youtube v ...more
Marion Honey
Jul 06, 2012 rated it liked it
I read this in one afternoon which is very doable because it's a collection of short essays and a couple lists. Bought it because I sincerely love Mike's videos and wanted to support him. I had gone through most of his stuff again pretty recently though so a lot of the essays felt like I was rereading transcripts of videos I had seen a couple days prior. Also because it was independently published, there were a few typos and formatting errors. But apart from me being nit-picky, I found myself gi ...more
Marisa
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Mike Falzone. I really do. I love his channel and what he says so I was really excited when I finally got his book yesterday!
Although it is really short and he's already made videos on some of the chapters it's still a really good read and if you ever just have even an hour, just give it a go it's refreshing perspective.
Mel
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
There's no real groundbreaking advice in this book, but sometimes being told what you should already know in sarcastic/laugh-inducing overtones can make all the difference! If you are a fan of Mike Falzone's Youtube channel, you will really enjoy this book. It is written like he is talking directly to you, with his personality splashed all over every entry.

My main complaint: it was too short!
Sara
Dec 30, 2014 rated it liked it
I "really like" Mike Falzone but only "like" the book because it's so short. Just doing a quick calculation I think I paid about 15 cents per page. THAT ASIDE, seriously this dude is great. Even in such a short compilation there were several "bits" that capture his mix of wisdom and comedy. Check him out on YouTube for the full effect of his delivery!
Jenny Riley
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
It does not live up to his YouTube presence. Though I did gain one or two useful bits of life advice, much of it is rehashing of things he's gone over online, except that you cannot get a feel for his passion on the subjects he writes the way you can in his videos.
Jessica
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Mike Falzone is awesome and so is every sentence in this book :)
Grace
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
love this comedian/ youtube, love this book! Many of the stories told in the book have also been in past videos, but it was still fun to read and there were plenty of new stories as well.
Alanna
  • The Sixth Extinction: Patterns of Life and the Future of Humankind
  • Secrets of the Universe in 100 Symbols
  • The Big Questions The Universe
  • Chicks Dig Comics: A Celebration of Comic Books by the Women Who Love Them
  • The Full Spectrum: A New Generation of Writing About Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Question
  • Chicks Unravel Time: Women Journey Through Every Season of Doctor Who
  • 1,339 Quite Interesting Facts to Make Your Jaw Drop
  • The World Beneath
  • Stop What You're Doing and Read This!
  • How to Win Over Depression
  • Merriam-webster's Dictionary And Thesaurus
  • How to Boil Water: Life Beyond Takeout (Food Network Kitchens)
  • Cabin Pressure (Cabin Pressure, #3)
  • The Klingon Hamlet
  • Writing a Romance Novel for Dummies
  • Vinyl Cafe Unplugged (Vinyl Cafe, #3)
  • Naked Beneath My Clothes: Tales of a Revealing Nature