Start by marking “The Corpse Goddess” as Want to Read:

The Corpse Goddess

But Meg is being sent to her Death Duty
ebook
Published 2012 by Evernight Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Corpse Goddess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Corpse Goddess

Angi M
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasyadventure
My sister wrote this book! And even though I'm related to the author I don't think I'm just being biased when I say it's a good one. I haven't read the whole thing yet (working on it) but it's a great premise and I'm really enjoying it so far. It's about a girl named Meg who's family turns out be descended from Valkyries. She receives an old book as an anonymous gift on her 21st birthday which unleashes a curse designed to send Meg prematurely to the underworld to begin her "death duty" as a Val ...more
Amber
Aug 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading The Corpse Goddess, although zombies aren't usually my thing. I wish there would have been a little more blush worthy moments through out the book. Kristi Jones didn't hold back on The Corpse Goddess, I found my self laughing and crying through out this book, I hope to be able to read more about Meg and Armando.

Meg is a college student who wanted to get away from her non-loving parents. One morning she woke up in her studio apartment and little did she know b
Penny Alley
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This story was awesome! Of all the zombie books I've read and movies I've seen, I've never seen this particular take on it. The novelty was fabulous. The writing was extremely good. The humor made me laugh out loud in more than just one or two places. I'm sorry to say, there were a few small problems. The biggest (for me) was with the blood transfusion scene. Blood has to be typed. If you transfuse the wrong blood type into a person, antibodies in the body will attack the new blood and make that ...more
Collin Jones
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read, creepy, fun, and fast paced!
Sabrina Guthrie
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review by Sabrina (By The Cover Book Club Member and Operator of http://bythecoverbookclub.blogspot.com)

Blurb: Party girl Meg Highbury wakes up the morning after her twenty-first birthday with one hell of a hangover—and a walking corpse in her apartment. Meg turns to her straight-laced neighbor Armando for help, and together they discover that Meg is a Valkyrie. What’s more, her first duty is to trade places with the corpse.

But Meg is being sent to her Death Duty too soon. In a race against time, Meg frantically tries to fi
K.M. Montemayor
Before this book, the only thing I had read regarding Norse mythology was the little I gleaned from White Oleander. I even had to stop reading at one point so that I could Wikipedia Valkyrie because I wanted to learn more about it.

What I liked about this book: The plot is original. I have never read about Valkyries and the story the author weaves is intriguing. I stayed up way too late reading this book-a price I will gladly pay tomorrow.

Meg is a party girl, and rather unlikable in
knits & lit
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book really surprised me, I wasn't quite sure what to think of it going in, but within the first couple pages, I was already totally in love with Meg, and wanted to find out what was going on just as badly as she did. What a crazy plot line! From reading the summary, I didn't feel like I had all that great an idea of what was coming, since "death duty" didn't really mean anything to me. But oh man, I've never read something this inventive. But I won't give anything away!

These da
Iris (Artemis Library)
The Corpse Goddess is really a strange read! When I first saw the cover I expected a Strong heroine kind of story but that was not the case. The beginning of this book makes you wonder where the book is going but Kristi quickly pulls you in to her story.
I have had some mixed emotions about this book. It's not a Paranormal romance but more a Young Adult Urban Fantasy but with a lot of adult horror scenes of a young girl that is cursed to become a walking corpse including the maggots, peeing hers
A.R. Von
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fun, funny, mysterious, gruesome and original work by Kristi Jones that has you shocked surprised and quickly turning pages to see what’s in store. Her writing is so crisp and clear you feel as if you are right there standing beside Meg; feeling what she is feeling and seeing what she is seeing. A great book for paranormal readers who do not mind some (ok a little more than some) gore, bad smells and squishy sounds.

Meg just celebrated her 21st birthday. Waking up the morning af
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I made the mistake of starting this book while trying to eat lunch at the same time, lets just say that didn't go so well.

If you have a weak stomach, this may not be the book for you.

I admit, I haven't read very many zombie books because the premises doesn't always appeal to me but I can say that this book was very different from any of the other zombies books I have read.

And while it was a little gross at times, it was very unique in the whole zombie/Valkyri
Andrea Heltsley
Jul 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-reviews
I have mixed emotions about this book. This was a highly creative book. The story had individuality and originality. I very much enjoyed the read.

The characters were great. Armando played the straight laced wanna be boyfriend and he was consistent throughout the book. Tee was a crazy best friend that turned out to be truly devoted to Meg. Even Mr. Gonzales played a great part in the story.

The zombie was a unique part of the book. I liked the concept and even looked forwar
Dick
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reading The Corpse Goddess by Kristi Jones is way out of the norm based on my historical reading preferences. It's a good thing that the book and it's content is also out of the norm. I liked getting out of my comfort zone, particularly with this book. It wasn't a commitment book, it was more of a light read, but it had a fun story that rolled along at a decent pace, interesting history lessons in a area I knew little about, but best of all the characters were intriguing and engaging.

Chasity
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
‘Corpse Goddess’ was one of the best zombie novels I have read. I just recently got into zombie novels and this one was amazing. It had everything. It was action packed, had love, true love at that, humor and oh wow some very gruesome scenes.

Poor Meg is completely falling apart, literally, her body is becoming a decomposing corpse and she is trying to beat the clock and figure out a way to reverse what is happening to her.

I absolutely loved the characters in this book; they definite
Alisia
Aug 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I found this story really interesting and really good! I have never read another book like it (if I have, I can't think of it right now..oh well). It was exciting and fast-paced. It was also fun and a bit witty. I love that it started out with her waking up to a zombie, it didn't start at the beginning beginning. It started at the part where the problems started for Meg. Then it did give us background and all the info we needed to know.
One thing I have to say is that I knew, KNEW, there w
Rachel
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The beginning makes you wonder where the book is going but you quickly are pulled in and intrigued. I loved the development of the characters. The emotions and reactions were what I would expect in reality in those situations.

There is a lot of action. Horror scenes, touching scenes and lots of information about Zombies and Valkyrie. Very descriptive. I cringed a few times but loved that is stayed true to the story, didn't gloss over the grossness of an actual dead and dying person.

I am sure to
Nette
Jul 25, 2012 rated it liked it
A creative, graphic novel with a well written plot and well developed characters. Ok, I will say this book might not be to everyone's liking but you have to give it a try for originality alone. It was refreshing to read a paranormal story with an original concept! It was well written and I enjoyed the characters as much as the plot. It's a little dark and depressing but definitely redeeming in the end. I'm invested in the characters and I plan on reading the next installment.
Diana Mooney
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of the most original books I've read. The author's words painted a picture that brought the story to life. The pacing never sagged and I was entertained from beginning to end.

Hmr28
Jul 26, 2012 marked it as to-read
Not available as a nook, though I'd like to read it, I am unable to.
Paige
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my usual cuppa, but a fun read with solid dialogue and pacing.
Kristin