Start by marking “Jack MacFadden and the Faerie Realm” as Want to Read:
Jack MacFadden and the Faerie Realm

Jack MacFadden and the Faerie Realm

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Since he was a young boy, Jack MacFadden's imaginary friend, Puck, has always been around, but now Jack's thirteen, and Puck's still shown no sign of leaving.

And, if that wasn't enough, Jack's also been targeted for assassination by a faerie death squad...

Audience/Genre: Middle-grade-through-early-young-adult contemporary fantasy
Word count: 25,000 words (novella)
Published June 26th 2012 by D.M. Andrews

To ask other readers questions about Jack MacFadden and the Faerie Realm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jack MacFadden and the Faerie Realm

Pop Bop
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Starts Slowly; Then You Get Action, Humor, Adventure and Style to Spare

I almost skipped this after the first few pages. Jack has troubles and gets bullied at school. His parents actively dislike him. He whinges. He's short and weak. blah, blah, blah. Oh, and he has a faerie companion named Puck who only he can see. This did not look good.

Then, on his thirteenth birthday he masters the bully. When he gets home he's attacked by two goblins. Puck lets him in on a little secret. With Puck, a brownie
Andria
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A completely enchanting, heartwarming and imaginative novella

There’s no doubt about it, D.M. Andrews s a great storyteller! His characters practically jump off the page producing wonderfully colourful images of his faerie creatures and their hidden realm; they come to life with each turn of the page. His use of mythical names further persuades you to continue reading this magical tale which you will find yourself utterly captivated by from the off.

The story is narrated by the protagonist Jack Ma
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Jack MacFadden has an imaginary friend who turns out not to be so imaginary. Jack is apparently a faerie prince and his imaginary friend is really a faerie named Puck who has been watching out for Jack in our world. When he turns 13, Jack finds out who he really is and an evil fairy named Connor the Dark starts sending evil minions to capture. Connor realizes that Jack is a powerful faerie and could get the rightful king and queen of the faerie realm back to their thrones. Jack escapes the attac ...more
Kath Middleton
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
This exciting tale for early teens takes the form of a Quest story. Jack and his school friend Steph set off to discover Jack’s true parentage. They have help in the form of Puck, from the Realm of Faerie but are similarly hindered by a number of creatures sent by a dark enemy. The latter’s aim is to prevent the success of the quest and to kill Jack. When we learn of Jack’s real parents it’s not surprising that he has some unusual gifts.

This story is beautifully told and includes creatures from
Y.I. Lee
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Jack MacFadden and the Faerie Realm is an imaginative and delightful tale. In places,I felt there was a lack of continuity,which confused me some what, but it didn’t diminish my enjoyment.
In D M Andrews writing, there is always enjoyable humour, and this book is no exception.
I liked the characters, particularly Old Tom; he came across as really cute. I do feel the story could have been fleshed out more. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it.
Jud
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic short kids story! I loved the characters and how we were introduced to a few of the different types of fairies. There wasn't a lot of depth to the story but no less than would be expected in a children's story and especially a short one. But each character was wonderfully 'filled out' and were very believable. I'd love to know more about Jack and the rest of the fairies. Definitely worth a read.
James Groenestein
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, fantasy, action
I liked this short book. The author has created a fun world that every young child dreams about.

The overall plot is strong, with some well written characters too. The descriptions of the scenery are brilliant also.

When you read this, you must remember that it's not really aimed at adults but more for the younger generation.

Overall a great read for all abilities.
Ann
Amanda Price
Jan 03, 2015
LDS Fiction: Jack MacFadden and the Faerie Realm 8 33 Sep 29, 2012 02:25AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add ASIN 3 20 Sep 24, 2012 01:15AM
D.M. Andrews has been drawing maps, writing stories, and coming up with weird ideas since the age of twelve. Although fantasy features in most of the author's writing, he also has a keen passion for history (especially for his native land of England), genealogy, mythology and even political philosophy.