Start by marking “Wyvern (Elfhome, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Wyvern (Elfhome, #0.5)

Wyvern

(Elfhome #0.5)

Wyvern is a short story set on the world of Elfhome, shortly after the first Startup.

Kate has years of experience dealing with exotic animals becoming a dangerous nuisance. She's dealt with lions, tigers and bears in the most remote areas of Earth. This time, she's on Elfhome, a parallel world of elves and magic. This time, she's been hired to stop a wyvern the size of a 7
Published June 23rd 2012 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Wyvern, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wyvern

Start your review of Wyvern (Elfhome, #0.5)
Dan
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not bad, even the 2nd time around. 2019 re-read: or even the third!
Beth
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Story about very early days after Pittsburg landed on Elfhome. Specifically when they were building the railroad & the elven beasts of burden were being stolen & eaten by Wyverns.

Has our favorite Sekasha -- Stormsong -- BEFORE she became a devotee of human culture.

Interesting characters -- both irritated with the other for ... cultural reasons. Quick clear story. Doesn't enhance the 'known' storyline, but it is an interesting peek into what the first days were like. :)

And who doesn't want more S
Dee
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars.

I hadn't read this before, despite having read the Elfhome series, so seeing as I'm starting a reread in joyful anticipation of Wood Sprites (which I just bought as an eARC only available from Baen, but found this story for just 77p on amazon.co.uk!). Would I have loved this if I hadn't read Tinker and Wolf Who Rules beforehand? I think, just maybe, not as much. It definitely requires a smidgeon of familiarity with the series for maximum enjoyment. But if you do love the series you will,
brenda minnis
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Dragon

I have to admit that I thought a wyvern was an even soldier. This book showed me that it is a cross between dragon and an extremely large bird. A killing machine.
Erin Penn
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
“Wyvern” is a short story by Ms. Spencer set in the world of her Elfhome series. To have trade between worlds, roads must be built, but the local fauna on the magic side is producing a special challenge to the technical side. Similar problems have arisen before on the scientific world bringing roads to third world nations, so an expert is brought in.

The story is more about what happens when experts who are used to being the best of their world meet. Sometimes the mirror is harsh when you see yo
Maddy Barone
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Quick, quick read, but satisfying. I love to hop back into a familiar world, and something short like this gives me a taste without trapping me in the world for hours that I don't have. (Ever done that? Grab an old favorite to skim a few favorite scenes before bed and end up going to bed 3 hours past your bedtime? Uh-huh. Me too) Now I'm dying to read the next Tinker book. ...more
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Want to know more about what happened when Pittsburg first started moving from Earth to Elfhome. This is a good short story to give so background and to meet some of the characters in the novels. It is short and will not take long to read. If you like the Elfhome books pick this one up.
T.
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This ebook novella was available for free on the publisher's website as part of a collection. A too-short story with Stormsong, one of Tinker's guard (from the Elfhome series). A satisfying story that reads like an Aesop's fable. ...more
Jo
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
to little to even get in to it or understand what is going on
Riayl
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Fun little short story!
Elizabeth
This is a nice little short story that gives a little background in the Elfhome universe. There isn't much to it but it is still awesome and well worth the short time it will take. ...more
Julia
very short.
Anita
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books-i-own
I read this a while ago, and honestly don't remember enough to review it, just that I liked it. ...more
Kerry
Aug 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Just a short, little story. I'm glad to have read it, but in all honesty, there's not much there. ...more
Bernie
Jul 12, 2018
Pam
Mar 01, 2014

• Vendors and Villains: A Short Cozy Mystery
  • A Magical Inheritance (Ladies Occult Society, #1)
  • A Fabulous Little Murder: A Violet Carlyle Historical Mystery (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries Book 29)
  • The Case Of The Dotty Dowager: a cozy Welsh murder mystery full of twists (WISE Enquiries Agency Mysteries Book 1)
  • Service of the Heir (Murray of Letho, #3)
  • THE CASE OF THE MISSING MORRIS DANCER (WISE Enquiries Agency Mysteries Book 2)
  • What the Devil Knows (Sebastian St. Cyr, #16)
  • The Wrong Man (Mydworth Mysteries #7)
  • A Wicked Conceit (Lady Darby Mystery, #9)
  • Battle Ground (The Dresden Files, #17)
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • The Uncountable Cost of Mystery: A Severine DuNoir Historical Cozy Adventure (The Mysteries of Severine DuNoir Book 6)
  • The Glamourist (The Vine Witch, #2)
  • Psychic Dreams (Glimmer Lake, #3)
  • Desolation Road (Torpedo Ink, #4)
  • Green Spirits (Corsair's Cove Companion)
  • A Madness of Sunshine
  • Secret Vintage (Corsair's Cove Orchard Book 1)
John W. Campbell Award Winner Wen Spencer resides in paradise in Hilo, Hawaii with two volcanoes overlooking her home. Spencer says that she often wakes up and exclaims "Oh my god, I live on an island in the middle of the Pacific!" This, says Spencer, is a far cry from her twenty years of living in land-locked Pittsburgh.

The Elfhome series opener, Tinker, won the 2003 Sapphire Award for Best Scien

Elfhome (5 books)
  • Tinker (Elfhome, #1)
  • Wolf Who Rules (Elfhome, #2)
  • Elfhome (Elfhome, #3)
  • Wood Sprites (Elfhome, #4)
  • Harbinger (Elfhome #5)