Start by marking “Uncollared” as Want to Read:
Uncollared

Uncollared

Submissive Mia Manetti is devastated when her first Master uncollars her just as she was hoping for a permanent relationship with him. Trying to move on, she agrees to sub for a powerful and sexy new Dom.

Chess Ryan has wanted Mia from the first moment he saw her at Club Restraint, but it was always "hands off" because she belonged to his friend Philip. Now, thanks to that
Published August 7th 2012 by Loose Id, LLC (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Uncollared, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncollared

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review
Mia is on top of the world. It's her one-year anniversary with her Dom and they are dining at an expensive restaurant. She is excited to hear the cherished words come out of his mouth to take them to the next step. There is a reason why children are cautioned against making assumptions. Mia's hopes are crushed in six small words in one sentence: "But it's time for us to move on."

Mia is a social worker who dedicates her life taking care of others. She's been the responsible one, raising her sibl
Mnix
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In the blink of an eye, Mia Manetti’s world takes a tumble for the worst when out of the blue her Master uncollars her. Devastated beyond belief, as a submissive, Mia is at a loss after losing her very first Master without an explanation. After weeks of wallowing in self-pity, hesitantly Mia agrees to play with another Dom – Master Chess.

Since the first moment he laid eyes on her at Club Restraint, Chess Ryan has secretly lusted after Mia Manetti. But, due to his friendship with her Master; Ches
Romancing the Book
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Melissa
Book provided by the publisher
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

Uncollared by Nona Raines is not part of a series but I hope we get to see more of these characters in the future. I chose this book because after reading the summery I had to know how this book would turn out.

Mia Manetti is submissive and after a year with her first master, Philip she is expecting a permanent collar but gets released instead. Mia is devastated and stays away from the lifestyle until her firs
Katya
Nov 13, 2012 rated it liked it
SirenBookReviews
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic story. Mia’s life crumbles before her when she is out of the blue uncollared without explanation. My heart broke during the opening scene of this story, because even I felt she, as a slave, deserved a reason for such a life changing decision.

When Chess came to her rescue, I breathed a sigh of relief hoping maybe this man might help her find the reasons for his friend’s unwarranted dismissal of Mia.

Soon after it was apparent that Mia and her previous master didn’t share a full re
Cocktails and Books
Mia finds herself without a Dom after her Master dismisses her. Brokenhearted, she withdraws from the life she had know for the previous year. It's not until Chess Ryan, another Dom from her club, brings her back into the world that she discovers what she had before was nothing like what Chess could give her.

Mia and Chess were an interesting couple. They both were able to get something out of the D / s relationship that they don't have in their everyday lives. For Mia, that meant giving up contr
Tiffany York
Oct 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect with Uncollared, since I've never read a bdsm romance before. I was pleasantly surprised at the depth of characterization of the hero and heroine. I really liked Mia and Chance, and I enjoyed learning about their histories. I also liked the slow progression of their relationship in terms of getting to know each other and learning to trust one another. Some of their earliest sexual encounters together were very sensual and satisfying. All in all, I enjoyed this read, ...more
Tiss
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mia had been in a BDSM relationship with an older man. She had thought that things were good. When he uncollared her, she was devistated. He didn't even give her a reason.

Chess was a "big" man in the BDSM club, everyone wanted to scene with him. He made Mia uncomfortable. There were sparks there, but how could that be?

Chess meets up with Mia and asks her to be with him. But there is some trust issues.

There is also an HEA at the end of the book. Read it to find out what happens.

Nona is a new au
Nicole
Sep 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm-romance, erotic
While this was well written and a somewhat enjoyable read it was sort of forgettable. Nothing really stuck out where I would want to possibly re-read it in the future. Standard BDSM theme of coming together then the issues tearing them apart then coming back together again at the end. Nothing crazy happened to spice up the middle of the story. The development of the relationship and writing is what saved this book from a lower rating from me.
Cynthia L
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Having recently separated from my husband, my heart broke for Mia in the opening chapter. I was happy to see Chase wanting to help Mia develop her submissiveness. This was a quickie to read but full of emotion. So have your tissues ready!
Rachell Nichole
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic-romance
HOT, HOT, HOT!

This book was full of great characters and steamy fun. A great read!
Julz
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
great quick read. looking something a little more real life than this is the book for you.
Amy
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2read2

Cheesy. For instance, the Dom nicknames the Sub "ruffles". After that, I could not take any of it seriously. It did not feel like an authentic portrayal of a Dom/Sub relationship.
Jenny
This one was okay. It was well written and enjoyable but it just didn't grabbed me as much as I thought it would.
Angie
Apr 14, 2014
Mare
Nov 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Nona Raines became hooked on romances when she first picked up "The Flame and the Flower" by Kathleen Woodiwiss (and she's not telling how long ago that was). Romances may have changed since then, but her love for a good love story has not. She's been writing off and on for years, but it was only when she joined the Central New York Romance Writers Association that she finally gained the support a ...more