Start by marking “Glittering Shadows (Dark Metropolis, #2)” as Want to Read:
Glittering Shadows (Dark Metropolis, #2)

Glittering Shadows

(Dark Metropolis #2)

The revolution is here.

Bodies line the streets of Urobrun; a great pyre burns in Republic Square. The rebels grow anxious behind closed doors while Marlis watches as the politicians search for answers—and excuses—inside the Chancellery.

Thea, Freddy, Nan, and Sigi are caught in the crossfire, taking refuge with a vibrant, young revolutionary and a mysterious healer from I
Published June 16th 2015 by Disney-Hyperion

Start your review of Glittering Shadows (Dark Metropolis, #2)
Jennifer Weedon
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
I don't think this book Is my cup of tea. I managed too get halfway through and then had to give up. It just didn't grab me, so that is why I have given it a two star review.
Louisa
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a fantastic sequel! So many twists and turns, and the world gets bigger, things are explained, and I loved, as hard as it is to imagine, more then Dark Metropolis!
Amanda
I'm not using any spoiler warnings because I doubt that many people will read this book let alone my review.

I was actually pretty engrossed with the story when I started it, but my enjoyment decreased more and more the further I read.

Dark Metropolis was severely underdeveloped while Glittering Shadows was severely convoluted. For example, the name of the country the characters resided in wasn't even mentioned once in the first book. Now in the second book, we're expected to know that the countr
Lynette Fourzan
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book isn't really my type.I wasn't really interested, it bored me. In my opinion i wouldn't read this again.
There is a girl named Marlis horn. she felt like she was being trapped behind a bullet proof glass. the world fell apart.A really bright light swept by and blinded her. The only thing that felt safe was papa's
arms.
Sarah Anderson-Pagal
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading Dark Metropolis I wasn't sure how the story would continue. I really like the direction the story took.

The three Norns. A prince in disguise. A war. And magic!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book!
Cora
Dec 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Cecilia Rodriguez
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it
I think that Dolamore may have been listening to Wagner as she wrote this story, as it has a lot of symbolism in common.
The story picks up shortly after Freddie has "released" the workers.
Dolamore adds what I believe to be a Socialist type revolt as the people behind the revolution are primarily workers.
The other prevailing element, is the tragic cost of war. Dolamore poignantly describes how soldiers and Thea must adapt to their injuries and go on living.
A well written story that is very haunti
Michelle
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars
-Actual Rating 1.5 Stars-

This sequel had a lot of potential; however, the romance in it seemed forced and to me seemed like a big part of the story. Other than the romance, the action and battle scenes were not too bad, but it was quite anti-climatic. I found myself hoping and bracing for an epic battle between King Otto and the Revolutionaries, but.. alas....
Kel
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Glittering Shadows was a lot slower and more political than I had anticipated, though not at all in a bad way. Thought-provoking, expansive, and suspenseful at times. I definitely got the explanation for magic that I had wanted in Dark Metropolis as well as a scary new villain with it. All in all I enjoyed this and feel as though it was an appropriate and well done conclusion.
Tya
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
I just flat out didn't like this one anywhere near as much as the first one. I spent most of the book (like...95%) disliking ALL of the characters. How much I enjoyed the first one is the only thing that kept this from being a DNF
Elizabeth
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
A decent conclusion to a two book series, though I do feel as though it would have worked better as a trilogy. There was a LOT of information stuffed into this book that I really wish we could have been given more time to explore.
Jenni Frencham
Because of my work on the Stonewall Book Award Committee, I cannot publicize my opinions regarding any book with LGBT themes. I may update these reviews after the announcement of the 2016 Stonewall Book Awards.
Melissa Anderson
Mar 06, 2018
Josie B
Dec 10, 2015
steen
rated it did not like it
Jul 15, 2017
Holly
Feb 21, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Starless Sea
  • The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • The Secret Commonwealth (The Book of Dust, #2)
  • Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
  • Farmer Boy (Little House, #2)
  • The Long Winter (Little House, #6)
  • Sarah, Plain and Tall (Sarah, Plain and Tall, #1)
  • A Nest for Celeste: A Story About Art, Inspiration, and the Meaning of Home
  • Shiloh (Shiloh, #1)
  • By the Shores of Silver Lake  (Little House, #5)
  • On the Banks of Plum Creek  (Little House, #4)
  • Little Town on the Prairie  (Little House, #7)
  • Shiloh Season (Shiloh, #2)
  • All This Time
  • The Rules for Disappearing (The Rules for Disappearing, #1)
  • The Devil and Tom Walker
  • Walk Two Moons
  • The Witches Are Coming
Jaclyn Dolamore has a passion for history, thrift stores, vintage dresses, David Bowie, drawing, and organic food. She lives in western Maryland with her partner and plot strategist, Dade, and three weird cats. To keep abreast of new releases, sales, and extras, please join her mailing list! http://tinyurl.com/JaclynDolamore ...more

Dark Metropolis (2 books)
  • Dark Metropolis (Dark Metropolis, #1)