Start by marking “Il gusto del cloro” as Want to Read:
Il gusto del cloro

Il gusto del cloro

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  870 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
La piscina. Un microcosmo di persone, di corpi che perdono la propria forma solida diventando masse fluttuanti che nuotano per le ragioni più svariate...

... Agonismo, tempo libero, cure mediche. Dietro le pressanti insistenze del suo fisioterapista, un giovane ragazzo sofferente di scoliosi inizia a frequentare la piscina. La pigra routine dell’appuntamento del mercoledì v
Paperback, That's life, 144 pages
Published April 2009 by Black Velvet (first published May 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Il gusto del cloro, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il gusto del cloro

Michael
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sequential-art
Die Schwimmhalle: ein Trauma meiner Kindheit; Badekappenzwang, Chlorwasser in der Nase, die Peinlichkeit des Körpers, mit dem man nicht zufrieden ist.
Deswegen kann ich vollstes Mitgefühl für den namenlosen Protagonisten mit dem krummem Rücken aufbringen, den sein Physiotherapeut zum Schwimmen schickt.
Aber selbst an diesem absurden Ort kann es zu Begegnungen kommen. Er, der den Kopf nicht unter Wasser haben mag und Spritzwasser im Gesicht hasst, lernt in diesem Fegefeuer eine hübsche dunkelhaarig
Seth T.
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Taste of Chlorine by Bastien Vivès

Language is incredible and language is ridiculous. It is lovely and it is baffling. Language is essential and lively and complicated and lusterant and mystifying and intuitive and impossible. The ability of the human creature to communicate from even the earliest age is astounding. That we, without any specially intended training, acquire the ability to make ourselves known and in turn know others is jaw-dropping. That we, no matter how long we persevere, can never perfectly communicate is agoni
Gasto
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Siempre me resultó difícil novelas gráficas con delicadeza y sobre tópicos que casi nadie toca, hasta que encontré a Bastien Vives y sus comics. Anteriormente leí Polina, una hermosísima novela gráfica sobre la danza y sus adversidades, ahora me encontré con El gusto del cloro y definitivamente tengo que decir que Vives hace lo que siempre busqué: historias cortas que saben mantener la belleza.
Esta novelita gráfica muestra un amor de piscina en la que dos personas se unen ante el gusto por nada
Yersinia Pestis
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Le goût du chlore (2008)

Molto belli la colorazione dominante verde acqua, i movimenti, i corpi.
Però.
Io posso accettare che lei non torni più, ma voglio sapere cosa ha detto sott'acqua; ovviamente ho rifatto le sue smorfie per capire i suoni e sono giunta alle mie personalissime conclusioni.
Poi da ricerca in rete ho trovato Vivès che dice: “C'est trop personnel. Ce sont des mots que j'avais besoin de mettre dans ce livre mais je ne dirai pas lesquels.”
(e già qui è da prendere a schiaffoni)
e poi c
Kendra saunders
This graphic novel is a hard one for me to review because I am in two minds about it. On one hand I liked it both because it is unique and slightly thought provoking. The style, originality and art all appealed to me. The story is told with the use of pictures more than it is with words, which is why it only took about half hour to read. I enjoyed the change but also look forward to getting back to words.

Now on the other hand I didn’t like it, the story cruised along at one pace. The biggest mys
Martyn
Dec 31, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica De Vries
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
een erg mooie stripverhaal. mooie tekening.
Nellie Airoldi
Apr 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Colori chiari e cristallini come l'acqua e quel profumo del cloro che inizialmente fa arricciare il naso ma che poi entra nei polmoni risvegliando ricordi e sensazioni.
Martin Rinaldi
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Sarà che non so nuotare? però non l'ho trovato un granché!
Anton
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first time I read this book too fast. Probably because there is so little text in this comic. The story, I gathered, ran as follows. Some guy, bothered by his scoliosis, starts going to the swimming pool every Wednesday, and meets a girl there. In the end, he likes both the girl (even though she does not come to the pool anymore) and swimming in general. However, as I gathered after a second reading, the point of this book is not so much the story but the how and the where of its presentatio ...more
Gemma
Jun 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Je n'ai absolument pas compris la fin. Je ne sais pas si c'est parce que finalement, il n'y en a pas vraiment et c'est à nous, lecteurs, de l'imaginer, ou si il y en a une, mais que je n'arrive pas à l’interpréter. C'est vraiment frustrant, parce que la réponse à la seule question que l'on se pose pendant tout la BD, on pense la toucher du doigt, presque l'atteindre, et hop, c'est la fin de la BD.
Donc, finalement, je n'arrive pas vraiment à savoir si j'ai aimé ou pas. Parce que j'ai un sentiment
Núria
A un chico que tiene dolor de espalda no le queda otra que ir a la piscina. Allí le llama la atención una chica. Primero se limita a observarla. Después intercambian unas pocas palabras y nadan juntos. Y no sucede nada más. A penas hay diálogos, pero la composición de las viñetas y la expresividad del dibujo son capaces de sugerir una historia riquísima y de una sensibilidad y una delicadeza exquisitas. Me ha recordado un poco a las historias de 'Rubia de verano' de Adrian Tomine (que leí hace p ...more
I. Merey
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read it twice from the middle to make more sense of it (if 'reading' is the right term, as there is almost no dialogue in this book).

I loved the free, loose style of drawing here and the color scheme. I could smell the pool and feel the suffocation of an unskilled swimmer. A boy with curvature of the spine must start swimming to strengthen his back. An ex local champion begins to give him some tips, then mouths something to him underwater one day. After the secret message, he never sees her a
tomwrote
Mar 19, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This is a pretty book with an almost Hockney-esque art style. The sense of place in the altered reality of a swimming pool is well evoked both visually and in the small character notes between the main characters. You can hear and smell the place and the awkwardness of the process for newcomer is spot on. My main gripes would be with the slightness of the story the openness of the ending. Both of these are valid approaches but can be, and are here, unsatisfying.
Sharni Benson
Sep 20, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So this book turned up on the circulation desk and i decided to give it a look over.
Obviously i read the english version.
It was a slow book and nothing seemed to happen so I was pleasantly surprised when there was story progression. Then the ending was a bit of a "dafuq did i just read?", I had to look at the ending a few times before I got the symbolism of the sequence and the conclusion chapter was very ambiguous. It is quite obvious that this person is an artist not a writer.
Ann
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
It's a simple and sentimental adolescence story with slightly surreal atmosphere, beautifully colored green shades and outstanding vivid figure drawings. It's a comforting book like eating an ice cream in the summer.
Zioluc
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fumetto
Splendido fumetto tutto di atmosfera con tavole verdeazzurro che fanno respirare l'odore della piscina. La mia versione pare abbia un finale modificato rispetto all'originale: questo l'ho trovato monco in modo goffo, ma il piacere di questa lettura sta tutto prima.
Feather Mista
Ay, si no fuera por ese final que venía temiendo a la legua seguro promediaba para arriba. El dibujo, sencillamente precioso, y la manera de transmitir sensaciones está muy bien lograda. ¡Ay, si no fuera por ese final!
Bruno
Aug 31, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Dat zijn zo van die simpele, maar o zo fantastische verhalen. Zo romantisch.
Elisa
May 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Un fumetto da immersione totale, ha risvegliato nitidissimi ricordi, odori e sensazioni. Lento e silenzioso come si richiede che sia nuotare, suggestivo coi suoi colori e movimenti monotoni e ripetitivi, ma che delineano perfettamente ambiente e stati d'animo. Tuttavia ammetto di non aver capito il finale.
Sara
Mar 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dull. A guy has a bad back, goes swimming to fix it and meets and girl. She mouths something underwater that he doesn't understand---and that's basically the end. No fun.
Sam Quixote
Jul 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A man with curvature of the spine is advised to take up swimming to help with his condition. When he begins swimming he finds it hard to get into but slowly becomes better at it. A woman he meets at the swimming pool is a former swimming champion who helps him get better and the two begin a pool-only relationship. Over time it seems the man falls for the woman and that the woman might have feelings for the man - but will anything come of this?

This subtle, gentle story is told at a very leisurel
So92
Dec 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Questa è la prima graphic novel che leggo, escludendo ovviamente il periodo fumettistico di quando avevo 10-12 anni e leggevo topolino al mare. Da nuotatrice agonista non ho potuto resistere al richiamo del titolo e della copertina, anche se ho dovuto attendere Natale per avere finalmente tra le mani questo volume. Non so cosa mi aspettassi di preciso, certamente una così netta preponderanza di vignette prive di scritte mi ha spiazzata non poco; pareva quasi di guardare un cartone invece che leg ...more
Tom Tabasco
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kara Trevlac
Really beautiful artwork. As someone who used to swim competitively, I found it beautiful that someone would take such a familiar location and make a story out of it. The story itself is a little weak (hence the 3 stars), but the artwork by itself is 5/5. I haven't seen too much of this type of style in graphic novels, and it was refreshing.

A quick update:
I read this back at the beginning of summer, and I still think of this book all of the time. The story has really stuck with me in a strange
Mika Lietzén
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Ooo. Poika menee uimahalliin uimaan, kerran, toisen ja useammankin kerran, juuri muualla ei albumissa liikutakaan kuin klooratussa vedessä. Uiminen ei tosin taida kiinnostaa poikaa niin paljon kuin uimarityttö, joka on ja ei ole paikalla. Mitäänhän tässä ei varsinaisesti tapahdu. Kuvatkin toistuvat, useimmat sivut ovat turkoosinsävyisiä.

Täydet pisteet tietysti.

Tai brittikustantajalle kyllä miinus Comic Sansin käytöstä. Mutta ei sekään paljon haittaa, kun tässä ei ole juurikaan puhetta. Eikä tä
Lorie
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
En este cómic azul hay pocos diálogos y pocos personajes, que se mueven en un solo escenario: una piscina. Lo que sí que hay es mucha agua, y la mitad de la escasa acción sumergida en ella. Y está todo tan bien hecho que al lector se le taponan los oídos, y nota el sabor a cloro en su boca. Aunque me sentí fascinada por el talento de Vivès para captar y representar a la perfección el comportamiento de las personas, el comic me dejó un poco fría. Era perfecto en la forma, pero no sé si tenía real ...more
Keith
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The problem with grabbing about ten indie and Euro graphic novels from the shelf one day in the library is that, statistically, half of them are required by the gods to be coming-of-age bittersweet romance stories starring an awkward white guy and the perfect but aloof girl that he struggles to ask out on a date.

That this particular book was sort of lovely, and deliberate in its refusal to satisfy, doesn't change this overall fact.
Daken Howlett
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Racconto di "formazione" di un giovane che attraverso lo sport(il nuoto)riesce a superare le sue difficoltà fisiche e psicologiche,il racconto in sé non è particolarmente interessante ne originale,ma la parte grafiche è meravigliosa,interamente realizzata con ricercatissimi acquarelli,riesce a dare una sensazione unica alle superfici liquide della piscina che fa da sfondo agli eventi,e il finale guadagna diversi punti per non essere "convenzionale".
  • Arrugas
  • Les Quantités négligeables (Le combat ordinaire, #2)
  • Mauvais genre
  • Dieu en personne
  • Come prima
  • El Héroe: Libro 1 (El Héroe, #1)
  • Portugal
  • Life With Mr. Dangerous
  • Everything We Miss
  • Rosalie Blum 1
  • Di tutte le ricchezze
Ce jeune auteur s’est fait remarquer sous le label KSTR avec notamment le Goût de Chlore et dernièrement avec Amitiétroite. Il prépare chez Poisson Pilote (Dargaud) l'album Pour l’Empire cosigné avec Merwann. Le T.1 est annoncé pour mars 2010. Diplômé de l’école des Gobelins (section animation), après trois années de graphisme à l'ESAG Penninghen, Bastien Vivès réalise ses premiers pas dans un ate ...more
More about Bastien Vivès...