Start by marking “Angel Dust” as Want to Read:
Angel Dust

Angel Dust

Would you move heaven and earth for the one you love? When an angel is sent to earth to escort the soul of a young man to the after-life she chooses to save him instead. But at what cost?
Paperback, First, 352 pages
Published August 2nd 2012 by Hot key books

Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareFallen by Lauren KateCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
YA Angels
364 books — 1,773 voters
Eragon by Christopher PaoliniCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsSisters Red by Jackson Pearce
best YA fiction books
111 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

I really wanted to like this one, I love the cover and was intrigued by the blurb but having forced my way through the first 100 pages I've had to admit defeat. I can't connect with Serafina and as the story is told first person from her POV it doesn't help that I hate her voice. She comes across as so naive & I can't for the life of me figure out what she sees in Marcus that would make him worth risking her wings for. I can't believe an angel who is thousands of years old would be quite as ...more
The Library Mouse's Words on a Page
What if you thought you'd fallen for someone and they were beyond salvation as death was coming? And if death were you? Would you resist? This is the choice poor teenage angel Serafina is confronted with.

She immediately decides that he must and will repent. Her executive decision is that he will take the vows of poverty, chastity and obedience, but the most paramount of all is the absolute total utter lack of girls in his extended life. She's quite adamant about that. Repeatedly. Although wheth
Tara
Oct 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, angel
For about the first hundred pages I hated this book. The main character is annoying and disingenuous to a cliche'd degree, the insta-love alienated me, the plot is tired and the antagonist practically has neon arrows above his head signposting "bad guy here". Every page was a struggle and I persisted only because I hate to give up on a book part-way through.

After about the first hundred pages, though, things did start to change. The story got darker, the main character started to grow and I beca
Keiley
Jun 14, 2014 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one. Ever.
Recommended to Keiley by: My Aunt.
I got this book as a Christmas present quite some time ago--but what can I say? My to-read pile vaguely resembles a mountain, and I only just got to it on the weekend. Granted, the moment I laid eyes on the cover, I had my doubts, these doubts only grew when I read the blurb (The fact that it used the word 'gangsta'). And finally reading the book just confirmed it. Sitting between Sister Assassin and The Maze Runner in my weekend readathon, it had high expectations. But the book failed on so man ...more
Lancashire Lass
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
At last an utterly riveting and wickedly intelligent paranormal romance! I loved it from start to finish! Our angelic heroine, Serafina, is captivating; she’s wordly, but at the same time her protected upbringing in the cloisters of heaven has left her naïve and needing to get street-wise fast... Because she’s fallen for Marcus, a gangsta boy with true heart, and she’s broken too many of the rules of heaven and risked way too much for him already...
The book builds the heaven setting beautifully,
Georgia Elise
Dec 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
The idea was there, but it didn't seem to click together.
Serafina had great potential but seemed to let me down with her naivety and over-the-top attitude with little to show for it. Marcus was intriguing but had no spotlight to develop or connect to his character.

The world Mussi has created was vivid and interesting, unlike her characters. We wanted more action, more tension, more badassery, but we seemed to be left hanging on a hook in many circumstances, and getting frustrated more often th
TheBookAddictedGirl
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Angel Lovers! :D
“I will help you. I will move Heaven and Earth to help.”
Serafina is one of God's best and brightest angels. Normally, she stays in Heaven, but since the Declaration of War, she must come to earth to collect souls.
It's then she sees him, Marcus Montague. She knows she must collect his soul and she knows he isn't bound for Heaven... And yet, she's drawn to Marcus, the "original badman", the gangsta.
But now she has to snuff his life out and take his soul away.
And all Serafina wants is to give Ma
Sebanti
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Serafina an angel falls for the guy whom she was supposed to sent to hell.
Here is the full detailed review of this book
Check it out!
Below
I felt like it was an idiot plot.
Liz
Aug 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: terrible-covers
3.5/5

Angel Dust was an interesting take on angels and humanity and how the two interact – it was actually a little darker than I expected, which I liked, and was mainly about trying to solve the age old mystery of how to save a life.

The main character Serafina was the angel in this story, and the love interest was just a regular human. This intrigued me because we got to see things not from a normal human point of view, but from the perspective of a celestial being, an immortal who knew nothing
Leanne Maala
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The thing about Angel Dust is that it isn't your average paranormal romance. We usually have a pseudo-human girl with a supernatural love interest. In Angel Dust, the roles are reversed and Sarah Mussi weaves an incredible witty and thrilling tale that redefines the paranormal romance genre.

The story is told in Seraphina's point of view. Being an angel of death who knows close to nil about the world her beloved Marcus lives in, she is anything but street smart. She doesn't know a thing about hum
Hannah
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
I read this book quiet quickly, however I would definitely not read it again. The characters were very one dimensional and the lead male seemed very underdeveloped. The book didn't really go anywhere in my opinion. The ending was vague and confusing. I would not recommend you read this book as there are better uses of your time. I recognised most of the mythology used in this book from the 'Supernatural' TV series......
Angie
Dec 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
I was expecting Angel Dust to be an edgy twist on angels, but it just confirmed my general dislike for the winged creatures of Heaven. The story was definitely unique though, which is why I gave it a try. It’s the ultimate lovers from opposite sides of the tracks tale. Marcus is a gang member, and Serafina is an angel. Literally. She lives in Heaven and comes down to Earth to collect souls, until she lays her eyes on Marcus. He’s next on her list of people to deliver down to Hell, but she just c ...more
Jade Walker
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Angel Dust delivers exactly what the cover shows - a gritty and urban angel story, far darker than most of the other angel books out there. I don't think that it delivers much more than that, I don't think that the romance was fantastic and I'll get into that later, but I do love the ideas it puts across about humanity and about growing up.

I didn't enjoy the romance in this book. Marcus just did not grow on me, he was too rough I didn't like the way he spoke and though I like a unique love inter
Rachel Sh
Jun 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
When I was offered the chance to read and review this book, I jumped straight in. It looked really different from anything else on the YA market and my curiosity won out. And let me tell you, this Romeo and Juliet reenactment (Marcus Montague - get it? :D) definetly left me stunned.

The thing that I was probably most excited about when I received this book was the fact that the narrator was an angel. Usually in angel books, the narrator is the more normal/human character and the love interest is
Kazhy (My Library in the Making)
Actual rating: 3.5

THE COVER
When I first compared this cover to the ARC copy that I received - thanks to a giveaway by the publisher! - I actually preferred the plain white ARC. Then I read it. Nice to meet you, Zara.

THE STORY
I admit: I thought I'd get another human-angel love story when I began reading Angel Dust, except that this time, it's the girl who's the heavenly being. But no, Angel Dust is so much more than that. In fact, I don't think it's a love story - another case of insta-love here,
Nina (Death, Books, and Tea)
Review: Serafina is an angel, who has been sent to collect dead souls. One night, she goes to a night club to collect Marcus-but then falls in love with him. Because she can, she makes a deal with mysterious Larry as an extension on Marcus's life. Serafina now has until Halloween to get Marcus to repent- otherwise he goes to Hell.
The first thing I picked up on was Serafina's voice. It's got a distinctive quality to it that I can only really describe as being whiny. There's a lot of refering to H
Racheycane
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
Sarah Mussi is quickly becoming one of my favourite authors. I have been transfixed with her work after reading 'riot' and her name plastered on the cover of 'Angel dust' is what drew me to it.
After reading the synopsis I was a little sceptical, I must admit, as it sounded like one of those 'love at first sight' kind of books that are so far off reality.

Whilst reading it, I didn't particularly like the character of Serafina as she fell for Marcus almost immediately (like I thought she would) an
jenny
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling, thought-provoking, downright clever read with tons of unexpected wit and brilliant ideas.

I’ve heard a few people say lately that Paranormal Romance is dead; that we’re sick and tired of love triangles, vamps/angels/supernatural beings (and the girls who fall for them), etc. I think what they really mean is that we’re bored with the formulaic stuff that doesn’t respect the YA audience - and Angel Dust is a top-notch example of how to breathe new life into the genre.

Serafina is our n
Natalie Frampton
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from start to finish.
Serafina is an angel of death. She collects those on her list and transports them either to Heaven or Hell. But when she wants to give Marcus a chance to repent for his sins she asks someone for an extension on his life. She works her hardest to convince Marcus to repent but with trouble going on up in heaven, its nearly impossible to visit earth and time is running out.
This book has everything you could want! It's a paranormal romance YA, with so many twi
Victoria
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When the Devil starts a new campaign against Heaven there are going to be casualties. But who would have thought it would be one of Heaven’s sweetest and most innocent of angels that would be the fall guy. Not Serafina anyway. She doesn’t know what she is getting into when she falls in love with Marcus (just the most knee-melting guy imaginable). Motivated by her desire to save him from Hell and a growing passion that she doesn’t at first understand, Serafina must become mortal to fully grasp th ...more
Emily
Mar 10, 2013 rated it liked it
A suitable preface for this review would be to mention that I'm not often one for 'paranormal romance'; really the whole genre in general does little to catch my interest but I decided to give Angel Dust a try. I'm a pretty solid Atheist but I'm also interested in theology and was curious as to how the idea of an angel/Seraph falling in love with a human would be handled.

Serafina, one of the Seraphs of Heaven, falls in love with Marcus a human 'gangsta' while collecting souls for the afterlife (
Becki
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: signed
ANGEL DUST by Sarah Mussi tells the story of an angel called Serafina who, during the course of her duties, is sent to collect the soul of Marcus Montague – a gang leader whose time is up. Collecting Marcus’s soul doesn’t go according to plan for Serafina, and things rapidly spiral out of control from there.

ANGEL DUST wasn’t quite what I expected. For a start, the story is narrated by the seraphim Serafina which makes for an interesting and often odd narrative. It is certainly a very religious h
Emma
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: guest-reviews
Review by Shelly

Serafina is one of God’s chosen Angels who collects souls of the newly departed and takes them either to Heaven or Hell. If they repent all of their sins then it is up to Heaven but if they don’t then she must take them down to Hell. All is going well until she meets Marcus. He is on her manifest to collect his soul but she falls in love with him and just as he is dying she makes a deal with the devil to save his soul.

As the book is told by Serafina you see everything through her
Luna
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: uk-authors
The last time I bought a book because the cover was so striking it ended badly, but having seen Angel Dust on a few review blogs I braved it and I’m so happy I did.

Angel Dust is a dark gritty love obsession. The story is narrated by Serafina who is desperate to save Marcus, a gangster, from hell. Truthfully I couldn’t really make my mind up about him because I just didn’t feel like I got to know him enough.

To me, Angel Dust is the story of Serefina’s obsession with Marcus. Her absolute convictio
Sam
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When an Angel turns bad she falls pretty hard. Sera is the Angel of Death who takes her role very seriously, helping people over and delivering those who won't repent to the River Styx. Arriving on time to take the soul of Marcus, a young gangsta in South London, something really weird happens - she falls in love. Ends up asking for an extension in order to get the boy to repent (which he refuses to do) and everything goes haywire from there on.
Well be careful what you wish for - Sera begins to
Michelle
Jun 26, 2012 marked it as dnf
Shelves: signed-by-author
What first grabbed my attention was the cover which I absolutely love. The beginning of the book (The Testimony of Zara Finer) I loved, but as I made my way through it I'm afraid to say the cover and the Testimony are all that I like.
I managed to make it to chapter 12 but I am finding it increasingly hard to continue, the main character seems fickle and childish, even though she is supposed to be a lot older and I don't see what is so special about Marcus that she HAD to save him.

Will possibly t
Dandolino
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm not normally into romance. It isn't my thing. However, what I liked about this book was some of the ideas of Heaven which are definitely not saintly and suffer from what seems like a hidden dictatorship. I can see shades of Milton's Paradise Lost and Faust.
I also liked the contrast between the heroine's life in Heaven and her life on Earth. The plot bowls along and delivers twists like a thriller. Highly recommended.
Madame
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it

What about the ending?

I read almost 400 pages for THIS? This effing ending?

So many questions buzzing in my head.

Did Marcus finally knew that Zara was Serafina? or he just fell in love with Zara?

And the biggest of all, What happens now? Now that Marcus repented, did a good deed and Kamuel and Serafina is going to collect his soul, is he going to be with her now?

I CANNOT BEAR NOT KNOWING! JUST..

JUST KILL ME NOW.

Farzana rahmann
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Ok I have mixed feelings about this book it started of great but then to many characters were introduced and too many things were going on, so got a bit confusing. But near the end it good back on track.

• Poltergeeks (Poltergeeks, #1)
  • Tyme's End
  • Legend of Witchtrot Road (Spirit Guide, #3)
  • The Haunting of Tabitha Grey
  • The Seeing
  • Burn Mark (Burn Mark, #1)
  • Mister Creecher
  • Thin Air (Thin Air Saga, #1)
  • Gloss (Gloss, #1)
  • Ferryman
  • How to Keep a Boy as a Pet (Circe Shaw, #1)
  • Saving Daisy
  • Chocolate SOS (Jess Jordan, #5)
  • India Dark
  • Neptune's Tears (Timedance, #1)
  • Fever (Parallon Trilogy, #1)
  • Lorali
  • Angel
Sarah Mussi was born in Gloucestershire. After her education at a girl’s school in Cheltenham, she completed a post graduate degree at the Royal College of Art before leaving the UK for West Africa. She lived in Ghana, West Africa for over eighteen years, marrying a Ghanaian and teaching in Accra. Sarah now lives in Brixton and teaches in Lewisham, splitting her holidays between England and Ghana.