Start by marking “A Child Lost in Flight: Moving on After Tragedy on Flight 229” as Want to Read:
A Child Lost in Flight: Moving on After Tragedy on Flight 229

A Child Lost in Flight: Moving on After Tragedy on Flight 229

No Longer Available

A Child Lost in Flight is a first person account of a father coming to grips with the sudden death of his child on an international flight. The story is about his tragedy and the author’s experiences in recovering and moving on.

Air travel continues to be the safest mode of transport though fatal accidents do occur. When the author and his wife lost thei
Published June 20th 2012 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about A Child Lost in Flight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Child Lost in Flight

Start your review of A Child Lost in Flight: Moving on After Tragedy on Flight 229
Susan
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Reading the account of a Father's personal grief in A Child Lost in Flight,
I was moved to tears in the first chapter. Grief is the touchstone of this book. The reality of loss and grief, as it affects the people involved.

We read daily of loss...and as soon as we read, it becomes yesterdays news. But Mohan's account reminds us that behind every story of loss, there are people who suffer, for months and years trying to cope, to understand, to find truth, to suffer endless days and nights of despa
Betsy Cornelius
Jun 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Losing a child is a heart-wrenching experience, and one every parent fears. Mohan K endured his loss in a sudden and unexpected way and writes about it in such a manner that the reader feels his helplessness of spirit. Who would not have gone to his lengths to demand answers?

“A Child Lost in Flight: Moving on After Tragedy on Flight 229” is well written, structured and concise as one might expect from an IT consultant. Despite this, the author does not refrain from allowing the reader a small g
Fred Schäfer
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
We all know there are no quick fix solutions for people who have lost a loved one, especially if the loved one is a child or, as in this case, a four and a half months old baby boy. But there are books that can provide support, understanding and guidance towards coming to terms with what has happened. A Child Lost in Flight is one of the best books in that category.
How can I say that with such confidence? Because the book was written by a father who has experienced such a tragedy and wrote about
Natasha Mathisrud
Jun 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: self-Help, Real Life Drama, Loss
A Child Lost in Flight by Mohan K.

How do we as compassionate human beings handle loss and tragedy? Most of us inherently help others when needed, shed tears as a sign of empathy for a friend or colleague, and react in fear when something or someone threatens our personal being or our family members. The aftermath of these events can leave us searching for answers, at a loss for words when explaining our feelings and thoughts, and inevitably alone inside. Author Mohan K. deliberately sweeps us in
Shivnarayan
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Genre: Self-help

Theme: How to vanquish the grief and endure life.

The author is an IT-consultant, who loses his 4.5-month old son in a flight 229, from Brussels to Delhi due to negligent, rudimentary staff and lack of proper aids in the aircraft.

And from here starts the Author’s quest for the answer and justification to his questions. For this, he employed every possible means and try to gather the public-support and media-attention by blogging, online-petitions etc. But what all he gets is the i
Maggie
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend A Child Lost In Flight by Mohan K. This is the deeply moving story of a young Indian couple who lost their son Aditya on an airplane flight as a result of a medical emergency. The parents go through all the stages of grief, but receive little solace from the airline officials and government agents who were ill prepared for the child’s medical condition in flight and took few pains to determine the cause of this mishap. The story ends on a happy note with the birth of a son nam ...more
Mike Stalter
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A Child Lost in Flight is a fast read but yet a very touching read. It explains the feelings, frustrations, and hurt of losing a child that helps the reader feel the story like they were there in person. This book inspires compassion, courage and strength showing the reader how to move on after the loss of a child. I found the fact of the story interesting and I learned some disturbing facts about how life is in other cultures. I read this book in sitting unable to put it down. This book is ulti ...more
Mary Lee
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"A Child Lost in Flight" is a heartbreaking story of losing a child and coming to terms with it. As someone with two small children of my own, I was deeply moved by the story and couldn't imagine what this man went through. The poignant yet not overly drawn out description of each scene helped me to really see through his eyes. Though it is a quick read, it is a powerful one. It left me feeling very grateful for what I have.
Jilda Leigh
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderfully written book. Author Mohan did a beautiful job with a tender and poignant subject. You, the reader, could feel the pain and suffering - the sorrow - felt by the parents. The frustration at the "not knowing". It was a brilliant job, and Author Mohan should be exceedingly proud.
Luna maharjan
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the best books for me. This book makes me to think deeply about the child for few hours. So heart pinching story in this book. If you like heart touching story then this will be your choice. Really a nice story, I must thank for the writer for such a nice story.
Steven
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This might be a short book, but it was a very powerful book! The author has a heart breaking story to tell. Mohan and his wife have to overcome several barriers during their grief cycle. This is certainly a book written from the heart. I was certainly touched by this story.
Amy
Oct 16, 2012 added it
my heart goes out to this little boys parents and i have admit i cried in places
Courtney
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
From tragedy to moving on, this story takes you through it all.
It was one of the saddest books I have read in a while. It is a non-fiction memoir about the loss of a child. It is very heartfelt and touching, and I am sure it will hit home to all young parents who worry about their newborns. While, hopefully, the occurrences in the story will not happen to them, having a newborn child always leaves parents with a small sense of paranoia with everything they do.
This book was very well written. I
Jessica Kong
Oct 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
A Child Lost in Flight written by Mohan K. is about the worst tragedy an individual could ever experience. The loss of a child is like losing a part of yourself, a part of your soul. That void can never be refilled, no matter how many children you have, or how long you live. However, if given the time to grieve properly, then the pain would lessen.

This grieving period is not the same for everyone, nor do we grieve alike. Each person must find their own path to inner peace. For some it would tak
Veronica Bale
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a truly heartbreaking story. Anyone who knows what it is to love a child must read this book. There is a review on Amazon.com for this book that pretty much sums up how I feel about it, so I am pasting part of the review below:

I consider this book a must-read - not only because of the nature of the story, but because it's obvious that the author's story needs to be told. There are some serious issues surrounding the level of treatment he and his wife received under the circumstances, sur
Joan Curtis
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This heart-wrenching story describes every parent’s nightmare. I have a close friend experiencing her first baby’s birth. She’s a native Italian who wants to go to Italy with the baby a few months after the child’s birth. After reading this, I’m inclined to discourage her.

Perhaps the airlines are not prepared for infant travel. Clearly something terrible happened--whether it was the lack of oxygen or the sudden decrease in cabin pressure that infants cannot tolerate. Parents need to be aware of
Nancy N. Wilson
Sep 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
This first person narrative of a father describing the horrendous unexplainable death of his firstborn son on an international flight into India was a quick and painful read - yet well worth the short time it took to finish it.

The loss of a child has to be the most devastating thing that can happen and to lose a child so unexpectedly and for no apparent reason has to compound it a 1000 fold. Mohan's story was touching and disturbing all at the same time, especially the lack of concern and compas
Zach Abrams
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I found this a difficult book to read and by that I mean no criticism. Far from it, it was beautifully written and came straight from the heart describing the actions and emotions of a grieving father, trying to find some answers following the untimely loss of his child. It is impossible to digest such raw emotion without sharing a small piece of the despair he endured. Poignant and touching.
Mohan K's search for truth raises some serious questions about airline procedures and aviation safety.
jasmin Chandra
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a true heart breaking story I have read. The story is about the tragedy with the child. I feel very bad after reading this story. The writer makes sense in this story so it is so interesting. I can’t think about the stress of those parents who lost their children, really a heart touching story.
Newbee (JoAnn) Brown
Very sad story
Having lost a grandchild tragically I can relate to his feelings.

Stories of this kind should be told more so others can know the travisties in live that happens.

What makes this story even sadder is that more should have been done by officials to try and save this child ... And help the parents more!

My heart goes out to the family.
Udden
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the book which I have read completely. Because losing a child is a heart-wrenching experience for all. I have that experience before few years. But I was lucky that I found my baby after few hours. I remember that moment while reading this book. Any way thanks for the great book.
Meronepal Honi
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I think this book is well written for expressing the heartfelt feelings of a father who loses his child on flight due to the lack of proper aids in aircraft. I am really thankful to my friend for suggesting me about this book. I found it really impressive and informative one.
Teri Pre
Sep 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2012-reads
While my heart goes out to the family who lost their infant son on an international flight, the author should stick to his IT job or find a good editor. The spelling errors and the erratic telling of the story made for poor reading.
Corissa
Oct 02, 2012 rated it liked it
I feel for the author off this book. I am sorry at the lack of closure they were able to have. I wish ghe book had continued on to show if they were ever again, truly happy.
Suja
I would recommend the book to anyone looking for inspiration and a parent's perspective on overcoming loss of a child
Kathi
Relyn Manginsay Montebon
Oct 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

• This Is Not How It Ends
  • Don't Lie to Me (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #1)
  • Never Ever (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #3)
  • What You Did (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #2)
  • The Girl Who Fell from the Sky
  • The Man Who Invented Christmas: How Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol Rescued His Career and Revived Our Holiday Spirits
  • The Vanishing Woman
  • The Christmas Train
  • Behind Closed Doors
  • A Christmas Carol
  • A Tin Train Christmas (short story)
  • All I Want for Christmas
Mohan is an Indian American Information Technology executive with a multinational company headquartered in Europe.

He has lived and worked in five countries across three continents, gaining a first-hand experience of working in multicultural environments.

"The Bounce!" is his debut novel.