Start by marking “Inescapable (The Premonition, #1)” as Want to Read:
Inescapable (The Premonition, #1)

Inescapable (The Premonition #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  29,446 Ratings  ·  1,935 Reviews
My name is Evie Claremont and this was to be the making of me–my freshman year of college. I’d been hoping that once I’d arrived on Crestwood’s campus, the nightmare that I’ve been having would go away. It hasn’t.
I may be an inexperienced seventeen-year-old, but I’m grounded…sane. I look for rational explanations to even the strangest circumstances. Since meeting sophomore
Published December 19th 2011 by CreateSpace

Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
Sometimes I'm really trying to understand people's ratings here but sometimes I just wonder if I'm crazy or did we read the same book. This is one of these books.

You can't imagine how enthusiastic I was when I started reading this. It seemed like one of these books that you can't make mistake with, high rating, really good reviews, everyone seemed hypnotized by it, and most of all it's about angels and I'm fascinated by them since...ever. I was wrong and you can't imagine how much.

I won't brag
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)

Do you want to learn a secret? I'm such a liar : a year ago I've sworn to myself that I'll finish this [insert sarcasm here] wonderful piece of a book.

So, 2014 Anna, I solemnly declare that Reed and what's-her-name will never see me again. #SorryNotSorry.

But as I just came back from vacations and therefore am in a great mood, I'm still going to explain why. You never read this book? Lucky you! Here's what you missed :

A stupid heroine who never, ever takes a hint. That's simple, she's never s
Stephanie
May 22, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: terrible
I tried really, really hard to like this book. I just... ugh, I just couldn't. Everything was so one-dimensional, I didn't feel anything for any of the characters. There was no build up, it was like crap would pop out of no where. "Oh, I hate you Reed because you're mean to me *wahh* but I love you because I can't stay away from you. Oh Russel with an annoying country accent (I'm from Texas and it was still annoying)who is supposed to be my 'soul-mate' but yet I still love Reed... I'm in love wi ...more
Candace
Review to come.
Shelly Crane
Dec 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-books
I really, really enjoyed this book.

Amy's writing is beautiful. And her characters have depth and meaning and I cared about them.

For me this wasn't really a love triangle (Which I normally don't enjoy at all) but for me, the way Amy set it up and worked it, it didn't seem love triangly to me. I loved Reed one minute and then was done with him, and then loved him again. And Russell...honestly, I usually have one guy who is MY guy in a book. There's no gray lines or maybes, it's one way or the ot
"I want those thousand years with you Evie, you have no idea how much I want them. I want a thousand years, and then I want a hundred thousand more."

This was a very twilight-like story, and I really didn’t like the love triangle.

Well, I’m not 100% sure, but I think that Evie might actually be more irritating than Kricket! Who’d have thought it? At least Kricket is feisty, Evie is more pathetic than Bella Swan! All she seemed to do was whine, and whine, and then whine some more. I love you! My
Christy
4.5 Stars

photo 2190eb6e-27f5-4f39-a1c1-e5f4d049933e_zps48e7ec45.jpg

Really great YA/PNR book! If you enjoy series such as Existence or the Twilight books- you will most likely love this!

photo 4e510bef-0545-4824-8bd6-123b7c0c7de0_zps5cd0a13f.jpg

Evie is a college freshman starting at a new school. She got a full academic scholarship, but she knows no one. She is leaving the only family she has ever had- her Uncle Jim. Her mother died when she was just a baby and she never knew her father. The last few months have been rough on Evie. She has felt different. She’s been having nightmares and some strange things
Quinn Loftis
May 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I'm chatting with Amy on Faceboook and we're like hey nice to meet you, I write books, you write books yada, yada. Then I'm like, well crap I haven't read her books. So I go to Amazon look her up and press buy with one click (you know you guys all are too familiar with that little orange button). So I sit down in my recliner, when I should be working on book 4 in my series, and settle in...well I shouldn't have tried to get settled because this book is action packed. Amy has created a world o ...more
cEe beE
Really?! WTF is with all the ridiculous high ratings???
Inescapable is just another tiresome retread of Twilight.
Don't believe me? Consider the following:
1) One passive heroine.
2) She moves to a new school & meets some pretty odd people.
3) There's a very attractive guy but is inexpliably hostile yet she feels a strange connection.
4) Another guy is nicer but he talks like a country bumpkin.
5) Weird things soon start to happen to her, but..
6) She's too helpless and needs others to assist her.
Abbi Glines
Great book! Now when is book #2 coming to ebook format? I'm tempted to break down and buy the paperback.
Jodi Bibliophile
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amy-bartol
 photo 1478384635077_zpsk22yqax0.jpg

Fuck my life this book fucking OWNS ME!!!

The story completely just sucked me in from start to finish.

Reed and Evie! Omg I loved them!!

I loved all the fucking characters!!

I was swooning one minute and on the edge of my seat the next.

Something so magical about a Paranormal books and this fucker is up there with the very best for me!

I LOVE ANGELS!!!

BEST. AUDIO BOOK. EVER!!! The girls voice was AMAZING!!!

Now onto Intuition <3
BookHeroin
I deleted my reviews for the Premonition series because ALL my thoughts and feelings have changed from 2012
Kelly Martin
Jan 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had many, many redeeming qualities, but I have to be honest: my absolute favorite parts were when Reed randomly spouted off how long she was asleep, down to the minute.

Killed me Every. Single. Time.

I will admit though, the soulmate dynamic drove me nuts. Pretty much everything ABOUT Russell drove me nuts, right down to his twang. This is just personal preference--love triangles are the bane of my existence and improper grammar, especially intentional, makes my teeth hurt. But if you do
Ivana
Jul 14, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This might possibly be the most boring book ever.
I picked it up and the beginning was like, "Wow, not bad Bartol."

Then Evie becomes immersed in Reese in that predictable way and I’m like, I’ll plow ahead and hope it gets better from here. It can’t be that bad right?

WRONG! This girl is so unbelievably stupid it’s appalling! When she finds out that her dorky friend “Freddie” is actually an evil psycho, she sits calmly in the car talking it over.
It would have seemed smart if she was stalling, but
A. Bookzilla.
I'm so glad I'm done with this. I've been reading it on and off for almost twenty days, and it's come to the point where I just wanted to be done with it so it doesn't hang over me.

I'm giving the book two stars because there was a saving element to it, I'll talk about that later.

There were many things I liked about this book. I liked Russell, when he wasn't speaking.
There are authors that can pull off dialects and accents in dialogue. This one, not so much. It was just plain annoying to read his
Özlem
May 15, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
İçinde aşk binbeşyüzdokuzgeni olmasaydı konusu fena değildi. Karakterlerden de Zee dışında kimseyi sevmedim. Evie zaten ayrı bir kategoride benim için; evlerden ırak.
Ree
I read the whole series in a week. That's how good Amy Bartol is.
Jasmine
“I wanted to destroy you,” he says, and a shiver goes through me, “and I wanted to take you in my arms and love you, and I wanted to tear you apart, and I wanted to crush anything that would harm you, all at the same time.”

For the most part of the story, I like the characters a lot. Genevieve(Evie) Claremont was a special girl who's a half-angel and a half-human; Reed was a Power Angel with all kinds of mysteries; Russell was initially a human but turned out as a surprise to me in the end; Alfre
Lisa
Mar 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

I will start off by saying that this book is a little (ok, maybe a lot) reminiscent of Twilight. Yes, I know.... I lost some of you. Sigh! We have a hero who is a powerful/strong supernatural being who could "crush" said heroine; we have a heroine who is "fragile" and at a new school (college) for the first time; we have a insta/co-dependent love develop between said hero and heroine with our hero first acting like an ass to push our heroine away; we have a best friend who heroine is also
Katherine
Mar 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katherine by: Celeste
It's been a really long time that I had a book hold my attention like the way this one did. It kind of reminded me of the way I felt when I read Twilight the first time. That was definitely meant as a compliment. I was completely surprised by the way the story ending, and loved it. I also loved the location, because I lived in Michigan for a long time. It felt like home. I do like that Evie and Reed are on equal footing by the end. Can't wait to read the next book!!!
Brenna
3 Conflicted Stars…

I have been wanting and planning to start this series for a long time now. It has come highly recommended by so many people and I’m always excited to start a new series. While I liked this one, I did have quite a few issues with it.

I’m not going to say too much about the plot because it would take away some of the mystery surrounding the paranormal element (view spoiler). Genevieve aka Evie is just starting college, she’s on scholarship and
Sabrina
Read my full review on my blog! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

This series is enchanting. It grabs your attention and does not let go even after you finish it. A dark storyline, a headstrong female protagonist, dooms of the unknown are what make this series a gem.

I had my doubts originally. I thought it would be another paranormal romance between the protagonist and some guy but oh no, there is SO much more than that.

This book is a reminder that you can not judge a series by the first b
Laz
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: angel lovers
I loved it and I'm in love with the main character, Evie. She is so strong and sometimes I can say, badass, but she is also very sweet, very caring and courageous. She loves wholeheartedly and she would do anything in order to protect the ones she loves.

Then there is Reed, who, like Evie, I adore very much. He firstly appears as this giant hardass and then we see that he is actually the sweetest thing ever and I just admire him for loving Evie so much. His love for Evie and his fear of losing he
Beyza
Mar 29, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Son elli sayfasına kadar kitaptan nefret ettiğimi düşünüyordum; ama o son elli sayfa aklımı bulandırdı. Seriye devam edebilirim.

Alacakaranlığın fanfiction'ı bir kitap olduğu söyleniyor; ama olabilecek her fantastik kitaptan bir şeyler katılmış. Sadece son elli sayfada Alacakaranlık yönü belirginleşti.

Kitabı neden sevmediğime gelirsek:
•Karakterler; güçlü değil, belirli özellikleri yok. Kitap boyunca farklı kişiliklere bürünüyorlar. Evie kitabın başında olumsuzlukları görmemiş gibi yapan Bella ike
shady
Feb 03, 2015 marked it as bye-felicia  ·  review of another edition
Whenever he’s near, I feel an attraction to him–a magnetic kind of force pulling me towards him. I know what you’re thinking…that sounds fairly awesome.

I mean seriously? Is she for real? Good lord, does this sound like a carbon copy of Fallen. Otherwise known as BLEAURGH.
Erin
Feb 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Hush, Hush, Existence, and Twilight fans
OH holy crap was this story awesome!!!! I'm a huge fan of angel stories, and this one has earned itself a spot in my very top favorites because it had me HOOKED!!!

Evie is heading off to her first year of college, nervous to be leaving her Uncle and hating the fact that she won't know anyone but the awkward kid she met during her visit to the campus. So she's taken aback when the gorgeous and butterfly-enducing Reed Wellington practically accosts her and tells her she needs to leave the school.
Aslı
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ÖMRÜMÜ YEDİN. Bitmese kafayı yiyecektim. Gerçekten ilk 100 sayfasını beğenmedim. Tabi sonra o markette yaşananlar ve Evie' nin markete Reed'le gittiği sahneyle kitap açıldı. Ya son sahnede Russel gıcığının bir tavrı var geberdim sinirden. Ya of Evie benim istediğim kişiyi seçti, baştan beri onu seviyordu falan mutluluk dansı yaptım ama ötekine çok iyi davranıyo. Davranmasın.
Gabriela
I had just read Under Different Stars and I thought that this lady, Bartol, has some good ideas running through her mind, even if she didnt do a great job executing them and perhaps this was better. But this was no different, no, scratch that; it was different, this was worse.

This book started off in such monotonous way, and it continued to be like that for over 70% of it. Just, unnaceptable. Not enough juice in the story and there is not one character that I can say "Dude, you are awesome" they
Marie
May 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 5-stars, angels
THIS BOOK IS EPIC!!

To say I loved it would be the understatement of the century!

I knew it was going to be good- you only have to look at the rating to know that!
But MY GOD it sucked me in so hard I even forgot to breathe at times!

Russell.. My heart aches for him and I feel so sorry I sometimes want to cry. He is the nicest and sweetest guy ever but he's just to nice and reminds me of how a brother should be always wanting to protect Evie.

Reed is just smokin' HOT. I think I drooled on every
Heidi
Feb 12, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of times I use a books rating to judge the quality of the book, this was one instance where the rating lied to me. Awkward dialogue was one of the biggest problems for me, Russel's accent made me embarrassed for him and all the conversations between the characters are stiff or just weird. Russel and Evie, I kid you not, know each other for not even twenty four hours and Evie starts telling him how she feels she needs to protect his necklace and she has awful nightmares about it. By page 72 ...more
Books like the premonition series 20 365 Jan 04, 2016 03:23PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Inescapable (The Premonition #1) by Amy A. Bartol - GBR - Starting April 8th 2015 25 40 Apr 15, 2015 02:07AM
What's The Name o...: SOLVED. half angel girl who ends up having red wings [s] 5 232 Oct 12, 2014 10:58AM
Evie? 5 47 Mar 31, 2014 03:50PM
Premonition Series deserves to have a big break. 8 73 Sep 23, 2013 01:33PM
Russel Vs. Reed 24 175 Sep 23, 2013 01:32PM
  • Reckoning (Guardian Trilogy, #3)
  • Accordance (Significance, #2)
  • Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Anew (The Archers of Avalon, #1)
  • Blood Will Tell (Warriors of Ankh, #1)
  • United Eden (Eden Trilogy, #3)
  • Saving Grace (Mad World, #2)
  • The Ballad of Aramei (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #3)
  • Time Mends (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #2)
Author of the Secondborn Series:

Indebted (Book 3)
Incendiary (Book 4)
Iniquity (Book 5)

Author of the Kricket Series
Under Different Stars (Book 1)
Sea of Stars (Book 2)
Darken the Stars (Book 3)

The Divided - A Science
More about Amy A. Bartol...

The Premonition (5 books)
  • Intuition (The Premonition, #2)
  • Indebted (The Premonition, #3)
  • Incendiary (The Premonition, #4)
  • Iniquity (The Premonition, #5)
“He isn't wearing a shirt.... He shouldn't just walk around like that; it's obscene to have to look at someone so perfect. He should do the world a favor and eat a donut or two.” 198 likes
“I slump against the cushion. “How am I going to protect him, if I’ve completely alienated him? He thinks I’m creepy…” I say sadly.
“You are not creepy,” Reed says soothingly, taking my hand.
“You’re not a good judge of creepy, Reed, since you’re creepier than I am,” I say warily, looking over at Zephyr when I hear him laughing at my comment. “I wouldn’t laugh too hard, pal, because you’re the creepiest one of us all.”
155 likes