Start by marking “Saint Odd (Odd Thomas, #7)” as Want to Read:
Saint Odd (Odd Thomas, #7)

Saint Odd (Odd Thomas #7)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  14,251 Ratings  ·  1,701 Reviews
The future is haunting Odd Thomas.

The carnival has returned to Pico Mundo, the same one that came to town when Odd was just sixteen. Odd is drawn to an arcade tent where he discovers Gypsy Mummy, the fortune-telling machine that told him that he and Stormy Llewellyn were destined to be together forever.

But Stormy is dead and Pico Mundo is under threat once more. History se
Published January 13th 2015 by Bantam (first published January 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Saint Odd, please sign up.

Steven Cross I really liked it. To me, it provided a very satisfying conclusion to the entire series, it was a fast read, about a day or two.
Jacob Springer No, because it's obvious by now that death isn't the end of anything but only the beginning of the real adventure.

Franklin
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
I was bummed when the publishing date moved and anxiously awaited the arrival of "Saint Odd" only to find it to be a huge let down. If you have followed the series, the big reveal that awaited you was 'Will they be together forever?" To be honest by the end of this meandering book, I no longer cared. And trying not to spoil it, the ending seemed hurriedly tacked on. I waited through 8 books to get to an ending that left me empty and just a wee bit angry. All the paranormal aspects of the series ...more
Obsidian
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
I don't know why I am surprised. Dean Koontz has done this to me so many times I should not be shocked that I ended up disliking this book and gave it a 1.5 stars. Now I am wishing that I had left things alone after reading, You Are Destined to be Together Forever.

The evolution of Odd. We don't have Odd running around using "Odd speak" that much. He only lapses into it a time or two, for the most part we have him acting like an actual grown up that has aged internally and externally due to the
Phrynne
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
So, so sad that this is the last in the series. I have loved Odd since the first page of the first book and really regret having to let him go. This probably is not the best book in the series but I gave it four stars for readability (I finished it in one day) and for closure. Odd Thomas has left the building and is in his happy place. The ending turned out to be a little rushed but that's okay as I read it twice anyway. Good bye Odd and thanks for such a fun ride:)
Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah*
So very much about our strange and deeply layered world remained mysterious to me, but my experiences had taught me, among other things, that there were no coincidences.

I've been a fan of this series and these characters for almost ten years, so it is with a strong mixture of sadness and joy that I bid them all farewell.

It's going to take me a while to construct a proper review of this book. I'm too emotional over it right now, which is of course a good thing and a bad thing. :)
Athena Macmillan
After waiting so long to finally get my hands on the finale to this series, I ended up being surprisingly underwhelmed. It was very promising most of the way through, but seemed to wind down some time before getting to what should have been the climax of the series. It was a satisfying conclusion, but not one that lived up to the direction the previous books had taken. It could probably almost be read as a stand alone book, as Koontz describes all the important things that had happened up til th ...more
Stephanie
A fitting end to a favorite series. I will miss Oddie, he was wonderful.

I can't say too much about this, I don't want give anything away. But if you've been reading these, you know where it's been headed, back to Pico Mundo, back to the scene of the original crime that started this whole ball rolling.

Odd rolls back into town and stops at the Green Moon Mall which is now abandoned after the horrific killing spree that took Odd's one and only love, Stormy Llewelyn. He is wandering through looking
PF Freire
Nov 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
I cannot believe this one was so bad, I would never have expected that.

I love any other Odd book, also both Moonlight Bay.

All of them have a quest involved in magical Mystery and developing secrets.
Saint Odd: Nothing. No Magic at all.
At 50%, nothing had happened.

You know that secret you want to know about that special character: I'm a (insert any magical name here). No more than that.

Every other Odd book, had a continuous narrative, but a surprise plot that was greatly all over the place: Aliens
Jenna
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
A beautiful ending to a wonderful and thrilling set of books! I won't give out any spoilers- this is better than I had expected!
Cherie
Jan 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Without giving anything away, I'll just say I had hoped for more.
KatieV
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Endings are hard, especially with a series. I've put off writing this review for a few days, because I wasn't sure exactly how I felt. I'm going to give it a 4, because I enjoyed it more than the last few and we're back in Pico Mundo. As I mentioned, I am unsure of my feelings, but for sentimental reasons I must go with a 4 even though the ending was not as sweet as the beginning.

In the first book, Koontz created a character that many of us fell in love with. A young eccentric with a complicated
Shannon
I need an Odd Thomas support group...is there one available??? I can't even handle this right now, I will have to regroup and come back to write my full review, but suffice it to say this was a fitting end to what was an incredible series...Odd Thomas is probably my favorite fictional character ever.

That I had come full circle shouldn't have surprised me, for we are born into time only to be born out of it, after living through the cycles of the seasons, under stars that turn because the world t
Gail Strickland
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
I doubt I'm telling tales out of school if I mention that things don't end well for Odd. Koontz tells us several times that this is the final book in the Odd series but I wonder. Never say never, Mr. Koontz but unless you can come up with a better story line, don't bother...please.
Christopher Lawson
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“You are Destined to be Together Forever,” --the Gypsy Mummy prophecy

In SAINT ODD, our hero again returns to his hometown, Pico Mundo. Unfortunately for that town, however, the satanic cult, overcome so recently, has also returned in force. This time, the satanists are ready to wreak havoc on the town's inhabitants in an even more violent way.

Like the other books in the series, SAINT ODD involves evil forces versus good. In SAINT ODD, our hero makes a return to the carnival setup at Pico Mundo,
Kristie
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hmmm... I thought this was a really good story, but I felt the ending was anticlimactic to the series. I felt that Odd deserved something...more. Obviously, I don't want to give anything away, so I won't explain that in detail. I will simply say that the end of this book had a good build up, but then ended too quickly and too simply in my opinion. I suppose that is the point, since it is the story of a fry cook at heart.

More importantly, there is a part that was unbelievable even for Odd and I
Jessica Weinreich
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
To quote a previous reviewer: "meh". I REALLY wanted to like this and given my hatred of "Odd Hours," with the subsequent volumes not being much better, that was probably my mistake. The story lacks focus, takes too long, and the main conflict ends hurriedly. It reminded me of how Stephen King finished "The Stand" - like he got tired of writing. Truly it feels like Koontz had run out of ideas for Odd, adding volumes for pressure from fans or money or whatever. He has never met the quality of the ...more
Grumpus
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No review, no commentary, just a heartfelt thank you to Dean Koontz.

I believe this was my all-time favorite series. I'm sad that this was the last book but enjoyed how it all wrapped up. David Aaron Baker's narration throughout the series was outstanding and as listeners we are fortunate that he was able to read the entire series. Good job Dean Koontz and David Aaron Baker.
Winter Sophia Rose
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Touching, Complex, Amusing, Charming, Memorable & Beautifully Written Series! I Loved It!
Chris
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I gave 5 stars more for the series than this book, but I did like it as well.

By this time we have traveled a long way with Odd and I thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Consistently good and sometimes great, this series has taken this completely engaging character through 7 novels and 3 novellas. Funny, tense, and even scary at times, Odd Thomas is a thoroughly original character with a never ending wit and wisdom and one of my all time favorites.

Don't want to say much about plot because this is the l
John
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I write this review with equal parts happiness and sadness.Happiness for the fact that i know Odd Thomas complete story now.Sadness because for me the journey is over.I would be doing a incredible injustice to fellow readers to give away any of the plot of this final volume but for those of you who have arrived at the end of this magnificent ride i leave you with this i now know the true meaning of FULLY SMOOTH AND TOTALLY BLUE.

Thank you Mr. Koontz for creating two characters Odd and Stormy who
Matt
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmmm...for the most part a good story, but i have to say i'm a bit let down with how the whole "Odd Thomas" saga came to an end. I expected the outcome, but the way it was accomplished was a little lacking.

I rated it 4 stars, but the real rating would be 3 and a half stars.
Stacey Cotter
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this author and series, thus was very excited to read it. It was thrilling going back to the mall where Stormy was tragically killed and revisit Pico Mundo.
Kimberley
Jan 18, 2015 rated it liked it
If you've read the first 6 books you can kind of see the end coming, but it still felt rather abrupt. The reader doesn't get much closure or really any answers as to why any of this was happening. The motive for the evildoers seemed rather weak. There is not much characterization of the bad guys, but from what little the reader does get to see/hear of them, they seem like cardboard cutouts, speaking and acting like caricatures of a stereotypically IQ-challenged country yokel who has somehow mana ...more
Edward Lorn
Apr 10, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Shelves: 52-in-52-2015
My review of this disappeared. I have no idea why. Goodreads, if you erased it you'll just have to erase it again.

Half a fucking star, because I can't give it zero.

I cannot begin to express how disappointed I am. I went in with basement-low expectations and Koontz still managed to stoop below even that. I didn't even get the weepy send off I was looking for. I could have ignored the rehashing of ideas, the typical Koontz thriller-filler bullshit, and the morphing of Odd Thomas into goddamn 007,
Tucker Elliot
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had the same reaction to SAINT ODD as I did the last three books in the series – readers who’ve been along for the entire ride and are already Odd Thomas fans will enjoy it, but new readers might be left wondering what the fuss was about.

No spoilers here – but as someone who has read the books in order, from the beginning, I thought Dean Koontz did an admirable job creating a final chapter to Odd’s saga. Koontz is often philosophical with his prose – not just with Odd Thomas, but in most all o
Jearl Rugh
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Koontz stated this is the last of this series, so the question of what happens to Odd looms for many, like me, who have spent many hours engaged in the dark and loathsome places Odd must traverse. But you won't learn it from me. You'll have to experience it for yourself.

As to the plot, Dean is a genius. Some series novels lose their vitality, but not so with Saint Odd. Yes, he makes his way back to Pico Mundo, yes, there is a threat of mass murder, yes there are some really, really bad guys
Brian
Apr 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, Dean Koontz didn't quite ruin the Odd Thomas saga with this final book in the series, but he could have ended our journey through Odd's life in a much stronger fashion.

I think the series would have been stronger as a trilogy of slightly longer books. Koontz had to do some serious plot stretching, and wasted almost an entire book (Deeply Odd) on incessant, philosophical monologues, in order to bring us to Book #7 (eight if you count Odd Interlude) and the ultimate conclusion -- one that wa
Deena Scintilla
Sep 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: supernatural
I ended up buying my own copy so I wouldn't have to wait months to get it from our local library that can't seem to buy enough copies of anything to serve the larger county. I would have given a higher rating but some of the chase scenes seems to be much too long. The ending...well, let's just say even tho expected, a still shed a few tears. I waited so long to start this very good series and hate that I have no more Odd Thomas to look forward to...or do I? ;-)
Deborah Mitton
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I'm writing this with watery eyes. I love this series and the character of Odd Thomas. Thank you Dean Koontz for sharing this character who must be a part of your mind and soul - who is someone you love for there is so much love in Odd. Hugs :o)
Julie
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Saint Odd by Dean Koontz is a 2015 Bantam publication.

Oddie has had such a melancholy life, and is such a sweet guy, I fell in love with him right away. Every time I read an Odd Thomas novel , I just wanted to reach through the pages and hold him. But, after the the third or fourth book in the series, I stopped making an effort to pick it back up again.

I noticed this one in the overdrive library, and it's obvious from the title and cover which way the series was headed. So, with no patience fo
Dustin Crazy little brown owl
Not the best and not the worst book in the series. I thought the story was fine, the conclusion was fine, but I felt the story lacked a lot of the meaningful depth that many Koontz stories contain. I feel that as with the case of the Frankenstein series, perhaps the Odd Thomas story was drawn out further that it should have been. I feel that within 8 volumes, we shouldn't be left with so many unanswered questions and the answers given shouldn't be quite so cryptic. Annamarie is an interesting ch ...more
  • The Haunted Earth
  • Nevermore
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Vol. 16: Slayer, Interrupted (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #6 Buffy Season 1)
  • Ghostwalkers (Deadlands, #1)
  • Life Is Good: Lessons in Joyful Living
  • Ghost of a Smile (Ghost Finders, #2)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Pale Reflections (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #17 Buffy Season 3)
  • Lastnight (Jack Nightingale, #5)
  • Dragonfly
  • The Voice of the Night
  • The Book of Cthulhu II
  • Imaginary Friends
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Ring of Fire (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #9 Buffy Season 2)
  • Magic Brew: Edge Chronicles
  • Ghosts And Ruins

Dean R. Koontz has also published under the na
More about Dean Koontz...

Odd Thomas (7 books)
  • Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas, #1)
  • Forever Odd (Odd Thomas, #2)
  • Brother Odd (Odd Thomas, #3)
  • Odd Hours (Odd Thomas, #4)
  • Odd Apocalypse (Odd Thomas, #5)
  • Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas, #6)

“I never knew whether I was drawn to eccentric people or if they were drawn to me.” 13 likes
“Sometimes, when I'm feeling sorry for myself, it seems that I'm made to carry an impossibly heavy weight, the crushing weight of losing her. I have moments of bitterness and doubt. You know? But the weight is a blessing, really, and I shouldn't be bitter about it. The weight is on my heart because I knew her and loved her. The weight is the accumulation of all we had together, all the hopes and worries, all the laughs, the picnics at St. Bart's bell tower, the adventures we shared because of my gift... If they had taken her away on their yacht, if I had never met her, there would be no weight to carry—and no memories to sustain me.” 8 likes