Start by marking “Príncipe mecánico (Cazadores de sombras: Los orígenes, #2)” as Want to Read:
Príncipe mecánico (Cazadores de sombras: Los orígenes, #2)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Príncipe mecánico

(The Infernal Devices #2)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  403,942 ratings  ·  20,801 reviews
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s ...more
Published July 10th 2012 by Planeta (first published December 6th 2011)

·  403,942 ratings  ·  20,801 reviews

Start your review of Príncipe mecánico (Cazadores de sombras: Los orígenes, #2)
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
my video review/discussion can be found here: https://youtu.be/xL85QtJjUqE

SO MANY FEELINGS. ALL OF THE FEELINGS.
So many things were revealed in this book and I just can't get over everything that went down. MADNESS.

Emma Giordano
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this reread SO SO SO MUCH!!! I can't believe I was ever petty enough to *vehemently dislike* this novel. Like almost every reread of The Infernal Devices I struggled to fall into the story in the beginning. Alas, I read the second half of the book in one sitting because I REFUSED to put it down. I'm so pleased that I can enjoy these books as an adult much much more than I did as a teen.
Saniya
Dec 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One tiny request.
Will, can you please write a love letter to me too? So that I hold it in my hand all the time and daydream. Just imagine. Will in real life. *Sigh*
Boy you are one good heck of a writer. No wonder Tessa is all messed up.
I just LOVED it! 4.5/5 stars.
(-0.5 for the fact that, that letter was meant for me and also that Will is mine. xD)

Merged review:

Good news, I got almost all my pics back! :'D

*Desperation scene*
My heart... where is it...?
Ah, I can see it on the floor, broken into tiny little pieces. Jem. Will.
And me...
One tiny request.
Boy you are one good heck of a writer. No wonder Tessa is all messed up.
I just LOVED it! 4.5/5 stars.

Merged review:

Good news, I got almost all my pics back! :'D

*Desperation scene*
My heart... where is it...?
Ah, I can see it on the floor, broken into tiny little pieces. Jem. Will.
And me...

Cassandra Clare, you just broke my heart gazillion times. This book was flipping amazing! =') The plot, the characters, the writing, the story, the ending EVERYTHING was perfect! This series is so much better than the Mortal Instruments and please, PLEASE go and buy this book and read it already!
'Ouch, my heart! Not again! *crys like in the above 5 pics again*' ='( 3
I demand Cassandra Clare to publish the third book right now or there might be news about a girl who committed suicide under Cassandra Clare's building because her third book in Infernal devices is gonna be published on 2012!
And If you love Will, you will listen to this song, because I broke down after listening to it. Totally describes Will and Tessa's relationship! :'(
Infinity out of 5 stars! xD

-----------------------
My review while currently reading this book.

I seriously need to use this advice right now! xD

OMG! Will looks so hot in this pic ^.^
And Jem... *DIES* So freaking hot! <3
I want to be Tessa! =(
Nick
5 stars

description

You can find the full review and more about this book on my blog!

Clockwork Angel Review!
____________________________________________
“We live and breathe words. .... It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with tReview!
“We ...more
Lola
And I thought things couldn’t get more complicated.

They can. And they have.

It should scare me to think that Cassandra Clare is not done messing with our emotions, that there will be more heart-breaking scenes in Clockwork Princess, but part of me must be a masochist.

Because I am looking more than forward to having my heart broken for the millionth time.

These characters have become so dear to me. I almost feel as if I have known them for ever. Tessa
Wendy Darling
Have you ever pictured yourself wandering among the tombs at Westminster Abbey, marveling at the sheer wonder of being among the greatest literary figures in history? Sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray is taken to Poets' Corner by someone who understands exactly what such an experience will mean to her, and this lovely little moment in the sequel to Clockwork Angel perfectly encapsulates everything I love about the Infernal Devices series. Tessa is a shapeshifting Shadowhunter who is becoming accustomed to ...more
kayla**
Liked Clockwork Angel better than the Mortal Instruments,
that's why I am eagerly awaiting the next installment in the Infernal Devices=]
December 2011 is too far away!!
Can't we just read it now?

Huh...
It seems people are already choosing sides...
So, in that case, I'll admit that I am...
TEAM WILL!!!=)
hahaha, so predictable of me, but I can't help it!

----------------------------------------------------

WOW. Wow, wow,
Elise (TheBookishActress)
actual footage of me thinking about the fact that I Cried Reading This Stupid Book:
description

I really could just leave my prereview here as a review, so like, here's the review: *sips from an open bottle of vodka* any ending that doesn't involve all three of them dating is not valid. it's just not

Okay, just to get the honesty out of the way: these get moments of
Steph Sinclair

**Don't click the spoilers if you haven't read the book.**

I think it's time to admit to myself that The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series are just not for me. I suppose it's not a secret I'm not a huge fan of Cassandra Clare's work, but I won't deny that there were some things I did enjoy with each series. However, this was a disappointing read for me. I originally liked the premise of the first book in the Infernal Devices series, but this installment seemed to focus more on the character'
Beth
I think by now, we all know how much I love and enjoy anything Shadowhunter related, but I can honestly say I don't think I will never not give The Infernal Devices series anything less than 5 stars!

It is just so beautiful. These books make me feel things only one or two other books have made me feel. My heart actually hurts for Will and Tessa.

"It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them. Reading your words, what you w
Aug 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, signed
” Zhe shi jie shang, wo shi zui ai ni de.”

” In this world, I love you the most.”

Myspace Glitter Myspace Glitter Myspace Glitter

description

Holy Carstairs! This book was perfection!

The hunt for the Magister continues. Although he never shows up in this book. Tessa still tries to help in the hunt for Mortmain by using her power to Change. She feels guilty over her brother, who is still incredibly evil and using someone close to her to spy on them. This book is as full of danger and excit
jessica
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
oh, cassandra. you cruel woman. i feel as if i have been emotionally manipulated into liking and caring for will herondale. i mean, i demanded answers after ‘clockwork angel’ and now i have them, so i guess i shouldnt complain. but this!? this is impossibly tragic. my poor sweet will.

but where i have come to adore will, ive found myself not really invested in tessa. i mean, this is supposed to be her story - CC calls it ‘tessas london’ - and yet, everyone else effortlessly outshines her. even silly j
Melanie
1.) City of Bones ★★★
2.) City of Ashes ★★
3.) City of Glass ★★★
1.) Clockwork Angel ★★★
4.) City of Fallen Angels

“You are a Shadowhunter. You serve a greater cause. Your life is not yours to throw away.”

Friends, this is the highest four star rating. Like, I almost want to give this book five stars because I enjoyed the last 25% so damn much. This is easily my favorite Cassie Clare book yet, and I truly had such a wonderful time reading.

This is the second installment in this history prequel/>
Shiloh
Dec 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, steampunk, ya
I might actually die if people are choosing 'teams' like this is the Twilight Saga or something. The "team Gale' 'team Peeta' thing already came close to ruining the Hunger Games for me and after reading this and the MI trilogy I think these might be my favorite books now. If they go down like the twilight books did, with everybody either loving them and being obnoxious and choosing retarded "sides" then sensible people who think this side nonsense is a bunch of BS and that teenagers only like t ...more
Katerina
Actual footage of me after I read Chapter 20

“But now, you are twain,
you are cloven apart
Flesh of his flesh,
but heart of my heart”

I miss you, William Herondale.
Ava
4.5

*sighs*

Clockwork Angel, why couldn't you be as awesome as Clockwork Prince? Oh, yeah. Tessa and Jem didn't have a romantic relationship. Clockwork Prince was worth the wait, so worth it. I have no regrets, and I love this book.

I managed to love and hate Clockwork Prince at the same time, simply because the love triangle continues to rip out out my heart and splatter it all over the floor. It's *sobs* so *sobs* unfair.

I'm going to try to not, you know, fangirl over Jem. It's so hard for me, but - haha. I can't do it. I'm still going to fangirl.

Plot

Clockwork Prifangirl.
Clockwork
Bangadybangz
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good God, this book has created quite the set-up for Clockwork Princess! It has all the makings of a brilliantly crafted tragic love story, and I CANNOT WAIT to find out what happens next! I don't even care that the main villain didn't even make an appearance, this love triangle has me so enthralled XD
Bring on the feels!!!
Maxwell
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, 2016, ya
Compelling plot-line: ✓
Superfluous mention of characters' eye colors: ✓
Demon pox: ✓
Romantic relationships galore: ✓
Character development: ✓✓✓✓✓
Sana
So I've thought about it and I'm probably never picking this back up so it's a permanent DNF. Cassandra Clare's books just aren't for me. 💩

He said it's better than the first one so here I am 💩
kari
Jan 12, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Five hundred pages in which very little occurs other than (say it with me) the love triangle. This whole book is a love triangle in search of a story.
Do they find Mortmain? No.
Do they even find out where he might be? No.
Do they find out why Mortmain wants Tessa? No.
Do they find out what exactly Tessa is? No.
Do Tessa and Jem get up close and personal? Yes.
Do Tessa and Will get up close and personal? Yes.
Do you get my point? I hope so.
I don't like th
Samantha
3.75 stars!

About halfway through this book I started liking it considerably more than the first one. I'm excited for the finale and all the angst. Video to come on my channel, as always.
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
This series makes me want to cry because of how absolutely fantastic it is. I was worried that Clockwork Prince wouldn't live up to the greatness that Clockwork Angel was but it turned out to be just as great, or even better than the first book. This series really never fails to amaze me!

I can't even begin to count how many times my heart broke and put itself back together again while reading Clockwork Prince. Especially for Will. Poor, William Herondale. All those wasted years, and what it's caused... SMH. And
Mariama
Nov 17, 2010 marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
I simply can't wait!

I don't understand why everyone is taking sides. She's so obviously going to choose Will. Why? because she's stupid, just like most girls in books like this. Anyone with a half a brain would choose Jem. Sweet, funny beautiful Jem. I know I would. But hey what can you do?
Chelsea Humphrey
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Sol ~ TheBookishKing
Shelves: library
I think it's a safe bet (even though I still have the last book in the series to read) that I love TID more than TMI. I'm not sure why I've taken to them more precisely; maybe it's that I really enjoy the historical setting, the darker, more oppressive atmosphere, and I think my dislike of Jace and indifference to Clary in TMI makes it that much easier to love Tessa, Jem, and even Will. <--- How's that for a cringeworthy run-on sentence? A lot happened in this book, and just in case I am in fact not t ...more
Cait
Real rating is 3.5 stars. Meh. Bleh. Blargh. Gah. Eugh.

Okay, so I have to admit that this review is probably going to come off and/or sound more like me complaining about something that I, personally, didn't like rather than something that was really wrong with the book itself. but I don't complain much so this is going to be okay, right? So, basically, what I'm trying to say is take this review with a grain of salt; unless you're a total Will fan like me you will probably love this book to
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 Clockwork Angel ★★★☆☆
#2 Clockwork Prince ★★★★☆
#3 Clockwork Princess ★★★★★

If you’ve read my Clockwork Angel review, you already know that this series didn’t start out on the right foot with me. After how much I have been loving The Mortal Instruments as a series, I was so hyped to start this trilogy that I never imagined it might be anything less than amazing. Unfortunately, the first half of this middle book suffered the same problems as the entirety of the first book: I couldn’t connect to the story, I didn’t care a
Marcy Jo
Readers have come to expect certain things from any book written by Cassandra Clare:

*Prose that packs a punch, flowing from the gorgeously poetic to the viscerally gritty and back again so seamlessly that you forget you’re reading at all as scenes bleed from the page into your mind’s eye.

*Dialogue that is so riotously hilarious that you will quote lines at your friends for ages, as well as dialogue that feels so profoundly personal you want to tattoo it onto your body.

*C
✨    jamieson   ✨
I will repeat it for the people at the back: I am a will herondale stan first and a human person second and that is all I have to say on that

(rtc)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Dear Sweet Book!

I am so loving this trilogy. I am only hoping good things happen in the last book. Dear God, I will have to Hulk Smash many things if it doesn't!

*MILD SPOILERS FOR THOSE FEW THAT HAVEN'T READ IT YET*

As we know in the first one Tessa's brother Nate got away and he is working with the enemy. That enemy would be Mortmain. He makes automatons and makes them kill people and he gets the werewolves hooked on a drug
Vivianne
“We live and breathe words.”

Actual rating 4,75 stars!
description

OMG these characters, this plot, this world… I FREAKING LOVED IT SO MUCH!

Clockwork Angel: 4.5 stars
Clockwork Prince: 4.75 stars
“We live and breathe words.”

Actual rating 4,75 stars!
description

OMG these characters, this plot, this world… I FREAKING LOVED IT SO MUCH!

Clockwork Angel: 4.5 stars
Clockwork Prince: 4.75 stars
Clockwork Princess: 4.5 stars

Contains spoilers for both TMI and TID!

“They say time heals all wounds, but that presumes the source of the grief is finite”

Start of the book (4,5 stars)
The beginning, just like Clockwork Angel, was quite slow. However with this one I did not mind it as much. Because I loved the characters, the writing style and this world has really grown on me. But yeah the plot was slow and there didn’t happen as much as I would like till page 150.
description

The writing style (5,0 stars)
The writing style is a solid five stars! I can’t even explain why I like Cassandra’s writing so much, and that’s why there is mention of the writing style further down in this review.
I’m going to mention this again here. The humor in these books is amazing! The way these characters interact with each other, tell jokes, make a fool out of each other, but also the way some things are brought to the writer (Will sprinting through the garden after the blue demon and being so happy and proud of himself after he got the tooth flashes through mind).

The world building (5,0 stars)
The world building is literally more amazing then in any book by Cassandra I’ve read. There are so many things explained so well in this one. Like the Shadowhunter marriage, engagements or being Parabatai.

Main Character (5,0 stars)
description

Okay I love Tessa. I don’t agree with everything she says or does, but yeah I love her. I love her kindness, her girlyness , her sweetness, her sassiness.. etc. I love that whatever situation she is put in she saves herself.

Other characters (5,0 stars!!!!)
I’ve grown to love this group from the institute so much! It feels like I’m a part of them and I never want to leave this world with them in it.
I liked Henry in the previous book but he just evolved in this book to become one of my favorites. I absolutely love him being like this crazy scientist and his inventions are so cool! I also liked that he popped up a bit more and got protective of Charlotte because my problem with him in Clockwork Angel was that he was a bit of a wimp. But I loved him so much more here and I loved how his and Charlotte’s relationship build in this one!
Charlotte was just as amazing as in the previous book! I loved how strong she was, and how she held everything together in the hard times. And I loved how she proved herself in this book to the counsel and I loved the scene where she went to Benedict Lightwoods! AHHHH and I’m so excited for this baby!
description
Jem was just absolutely perfect. I love every interaction between him and Tessa or him and Will. I feel so much for his situation. I DON’T WANT HIM TO DIE! I do wish there were some chapters told from Jem’s POV, because I believed that there are none?
Will… Oh Will
Does that say enough?
And can we please talk about this curse. Wow it broke my heart into tiny little pieces. How could he life like that for five years!
“Ah,” said a voice from the doorway, “having your annual ‘everyone thinks Will is a lunatic’ meeting, are you?
“It’s biannual,” said Jem. “And no, this is not that meeting.”

If you read my previous review you know I wasn’t a fan of Jessamine in Clockwork Angel. And that continues in this book. Besides that I just hate her character and her predictable betrayal, my biggest problem is that I don’t understand her decision making. I mean she has this beautiful family of Shadowhunters who would die for her and she just betrays them to the first guy she sees. And even though I hate her character, Cassandra still made me feel bad for her when she got send to the Silent City.
I still really like Sophie, and I hope she is going to be happy with Gideon.
And I’m so curious how Cecily, Gedeon and Gabriel will turn out in the next story!

Romance (5,0 stars)
description
“I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you.”

Okay wow the Romance in this book is a solid 5 stars. I still can’t believe Cassandra made me love a love triangle!! Will and Jem are goalsss. Like literally! I love them both so much. And Cassandra can write such great romantic scenes.
And can we just talk about the other relationships that are formed in this wonderful book! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Charlotte and Henry! They are so cute. But also Gideon and Sophie.** Shrieks a little!!**

Plot (5,0 stars)
If I look back on the plot, not that much has happened in this book the first 400 pages. Yeah I did love it because of the characters and I understood that some small things needed to happen. So I really appreciated that Cassandra took the time to really show the growth in this characters. I for example loved that Tessa and Sophie also got training and the fun scenes this brought us and the character growth.
description
But in the beginning I really found this book suffering of second book syndrome. Just a bridge (pun intended) to the next installment to make some extra money. But a little over half way in this book I truly started to enjoy this one like I did with Clockwork Angel.
Favorite scenes:
"Will!" Charlotte shouted over the noise, "Have you LOST YOUR MIND? CEASE THAT INFERNAL RACKET! Jem—"
Jem, rising to his feet, clapped his hands over Will's mouth. "Do you promise to be quiet?" he hissed into his friend's ear.
Will nodded, blue eyes blazing. Tessa was staring at him in amazement; they all were. She had seen Will many things—amused, bitter, condescending, angry, pitying—but never giddy before.
Jem let him go. "All right, then."
Will slid to the floor, his back against the armchair, and threw up his arms. "A demon pox on all your houses!" he announced, and yawned.
"Oh, God, weeks of pox jokes," said Jem. "We're in for it now.”

- When Magnus leaves Camille and kisses Will.
- Tessa in the drawing room after the Will scene
description
- The action packed scene with Nate and his giant clockwork creature. And why the freaking heck did I have to cry the scene Nate died! I hated the guy?!
- When Jem proposes to Tessa
- When Will tells about his curse to Magnus (such an amazing choice to tell this from Magnus’s POV). This chapter made me cry until I didn’t have a tear left in my body. I just could not imagine what this boy has been through in his life, so awful.
- The make out scene with Will on the balcony at the party
- The make out scene with Jem
description
- And of course the freaking last scene!!

The ending (5,0 stars)
And that ending. Holy Sh*t! Absolutely phenomenal, I don’t even understand how Cassandra can make me this happy after all the previous emotional heartbreaks she caused me. I just loved the one happy family moment. I’m so happy for Charlotte and Henry! And for Tessa and Jem! And Gideon and Sophie are also super cute! But also the subtle cliffhanger that still urges me to keep reading the next book immediately. I’m so excited to read Clockwork Princess (although I have been spoiled a little bit about what will happen and I really hope it isn’t true otherwise I don’t know If I can handle this)!
description
“It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.”
Mortal Instrument...: Magnus' Vow 16 276 Nov 09, 2019 10:45PM
All About Fantasy!: October BOTM Series Continuation - Clockwork Prince 5 5 Oct 31, 2019 08:44PM
Jem and Tessa Engaged? Your opinion 700 1334 Oct 09, 2019 11:00AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question B 3 6 Jul 09, 2019 03:30PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question D 7 5 Jun 25, 2019 07:18AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question O 2 5 Jun 12, 2019 10:50AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question N 3 4 Jun 12, 2019 10:49AM

• Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)
  • Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)
  • The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)
  • The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
  • Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)
  • The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)
  • Cazadores De Sombras, Los Origenes I
  • Divergent (Divergent, #1)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
  • Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

"Cassandra Clare was born overseas and spent her early years traveling around the world with her family and several trunks of fantasy books. Cassandra worked for several years as an entertainment journalist for the Hollywood Reporter before turning her attention to fiction. She is the author of City of Bones, the first book in the Mortal Instr

The Infernal Devices (3 books)
  • Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)
  • Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
“We live and breathe words. .... It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them. Reading your words, what you wrote, how you were lonely sometimes and afraid, but always brave; the way you saw the world, its colors and textures and sounds, I felt--I felt the way you thought, hoped, felt, dreamt. I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you. I dreamed what you dreamed, wanted what you wanted--and then I realized that truly I just wanted you.” 7546 likes
“It’s biannual,” said Jem. “And no, this is not that meeting.”
4263 likes