Start by marking “Between You and Me” as Want to Read:
Between You and Me

Between You and Me

Dear Author,
This was supposed to be a quick game of football but somehow it turned into something more. One minute I'm passing him the ball, the next I'm kissing his shoulder. He's my twin brother! And I did it in front of all the guys!

What do I do now? We've always been close but never THIS close. He's so tense, a second away from punching me in the face and all the guys
Published July 17th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Between You and Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between You and Me

Start your review of Between You and Me
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Only a few paragraphs in but it's distant 3rd person narration. I hate this style and feels like everything is being told but nothing is shown. It leaves me feeling disconnected from the story and hard to get into it

It's present tense. Took me a bit too figure out what was so weird about the writing. I don't like the 3rd person present tense at all. It's distracting me and I can't see past it to know what the story's like. About a page into it and feels like its taken hours to get that far

The d
Macky
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Macky by: Lolita
3.75*

Covering the taboo subject of twincest, this is really quite a good emotional take on it. One of the twins Cam, is straight to start with whilst Jace is gay and his feelings for his brother have been deepening and growing for a long time. Then an incident ccurs that outs Jaces true feelings, putting Cam in the position where he has to look into how he's going to deal with it. There's a sad backstory concerning the twins mother and the author puts this moment as a sort of crossroads for when
Sunne
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
That was very well done despite it is a very controversial storyline. I admit - I loved it, especially the mole (I'm a huge fan of the Clippinger twins and bringing Alan's mole in the story was a streak of genious...I love that mole at the hipbone)

What confused me in the beginning though was that in the letter to the pic James/Jace is supposed to be the straight one and Alan/Cam the gay one - so I had difficulties adjusting at first. After I overcame that I fell in love with them.

The slow built
Kate Aaron
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Having known a couple who were brothers IRL, it always annoyed me that (tw)incest stories almost universally start with the pair already an established couple. The most interesting thing about such pairings - to my mind - is not breaking the taboo itself, which so often seems to be done simply for the sake of being a bit "daring", but the how and the why of getting together in the first place. This is what we get in this story, and it's beautifully done. The 3rd person present tense did throw me ...more
Nic
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, free, taboo, dritc-liaw
From Love is Always Write - Volume 1
This short story is about the taboo subject of twincest. The present tense narration was strange but somehow managed to convey the emotional struggle, particularly of Jace, very well. I was drawn into the story and actually wanted it to continue. Perhaps there is opportunity for another short story or even full length book?
Julesmarie
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Like some other reviewers said, the present tense in the narration really threw me at first. However, as I got into the story, I actually decided that the present tense really fit; it made the events of the story seem more immediate, and I ended up enjoying feeling like I was there with Jace as he was experiencing these things.

I've been trying to figure out why this story felt so different from the other twincest books I've read, and I think it's to do with the reasons I've been intrigued by tha
Penumbra
Nice prologue to any possible future stories.

The story was heavy with description and did a good job of portraying Jace's emotional state. I prefer stories with more dialogue and this fic didn't have much dialogue so I couldn't get into the story or characters that much.

I loved the last few lines at the end of the story. They were perfect.

"It's you and me," Cam says, "we'll figure it out."

"Okay."

"Okay."
Tailtiu
Jul 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: free, brothers-incest
They maybe twins but I didn't fell any special chemistry between them, more like(not even best-) friends.
Camille
Nov 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Wasn't entirely convinced by the change of heart. Needed more development.
Victoria Zagar
Sep 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Between You And Me is a free story written for the Love Is Always Write event on the Goodreads M/M Romance group. It’s about two twins, Cam and Jace, who grow closer than brothers and have to face up to it. There’s incest, of course, so it’s not going to be for everybody, but it’s a fairly short read that deals with the difficulties of overcoming such a taboo well.

I liked that there was awkwardness between Jace and Cam and even some anger. Getting past the incest taboo can't be as easy as some f
Kim Alan
Jun 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a really interesting take on the brother/twincest thing, at least for me. I've only ever read stories where the brothers are already an established couple. But they aren't yet a couple, and one brother is completely taken by surprise by the idea. Jace's fear and confusion-both of his own feelings and of the very real possibility that he'll be rejected and lose his brother forever-were all there. I'd very much like to see where it goes from here.
Melissa
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was looking for some better written twincest books and found this story on the Love is Always Write section!

It was much better written than the other stories I've read but I wanted more!!! I would love to see what happens after this story ends!!

Well done with making the story and the pace of it believeable! That's the one thing that's been lacking with the twincest stories I've been reading so far!
Kendra T
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, short-story, anthology
Not quite sure what to think about this. The connection between the brothers seemed off. It was implied (or at least the way that I read it) that the brothers had a close relationship. Then all of a sudden, one is being more distant. The other brother seems not to notice. If they were so close, wouldn't that have been addressed? Maybe not but it seemed off to me. Then all of a sudden, twin who is straight is suddenly ok with trying it? Not my favorite.
Irina
Lovely and mildly painful, though still a long way from actual angst.

It has holes and hiccups and it's not particularly beautifully written, but
a. twincest is my weakness,
b. it's a very visual story and
c. the author's potential shows clearly;
as you can see, good stuff outnumbers bad stuff, so it's a good story.
[Shut up, I was wavering somewhere between 2 and 4 and didn't know how to rate it so I had to do use the pseudo-arithmetical method, 'kay?]
Menna
May 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, forbidden-love
And here i was so engrossed ,finally connecting and reaching for the moment .....thinking they finally gonna have their moment and then THE END!!!!!!!

I want more of them! This story has so much potential!

The low rating just because i want more....i enjoyed them a lot!
Adara
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
This story captured some pretty clear and serious emotions. It was short and to the point. Though it concerns thoughts of incest, they don't do more than touching and kissing in this story. It's more about one twin's internal struggle of how to deal with the taboo of lusting for his sibling, and the other's struggle of how to react to his twin's lust when he is straight. Good read.
Eli Easton
Feb 02, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This story was short, but well done. I didn't really have an issue with the subject matter but it was definitely a shorter 'slice of life' sort of piece as opposed to having much of an arc or plot line. It was interesting.
Shelley Chastagner
May 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Not quite sure how to review this one. The genre is not something I'd usually go for. The premise is what causes me to pause. If Cam and Jace were friends, roommates or acquaintances it wouldn't be an issue. The writing style is a bit unique but nicely executed.
Adult read
Bookbee
Emotional and sensitive treatment of a very controversial, angst-inducing subject. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Viv Ross
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A taboo topic that most writer's would shy away from if they aren't appealing to a specific audience. I liked the style and the pace of this. It leaves me wondering where things go from here.
Jennifer Oliveira
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hands down one of the best taboo short stories I've ever read.
Vivian
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-contemp
Aching with a side of anticipation. Quite emotional and thoughtful exploration as Jace and Cam's brotherly love is expanded.
Girlgeorge
Twincest story. Well done but very short. Teaser length. Would like to see how this develops
Jaimee Ghost
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jocks, yikes-incest
I don’t understand the bad reviews/ratings for this! This was a sweet, INTENSE ride of incestuous goodness. I was surprised by it. I love the descriptions and how Jace’s mind works. I wanted more steaminess by the end but this is a good slowburning teaser. Would like more of these two!
Jenny
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
Too short! I want to know more.
Siina
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Between you and Me, since let's face it - it's extremely well written. The flow is amazing and the thoughtfulness of it all is something you can practically touch. I'm just sad it's not longer, since Mar could pull it easily. Now the story felt a little axed, but otherwise it was good. I just longed for more yearning and inner turmoil for the sole reason that it would've fitted this perfectly.

I liked both the brothers a lot and their relationship felt real and even credible. Th
CB
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay so I'm not really into incest stories but I do see the appeal between twins, it just doesn't do anything for me personally. However, I thought I would try this story since it's in the Love Is Write anthology and I have never read this author before and I'm glad I did. I think the author did it really well and since there was no real sex between the twins, just the promise of it, it didn't squick me out and I found it very charmingly written.
melek
Cam and jace are twins they have friends over and they start playing football. While cam is straight jace is gay. Jace starts having feeling for cam, I think they havent lived together in a while so im guessing he start thinking cam not as his brother. It was sweet also abit of sadness their not sure what the future hold for both of them but hope things work out. Not much goes on but stil good enough read.

• Blood in the Water
  • I Know Where Babies Come From, Derek (I Know Where Babies Come From, Derek, #1)
  • Beginnings: Liberation
  • At What Cost?
  • Baby, Cuff Me One More Time
  • Bed of My Chevy
  • And Then He Said I'm Beautiful
  • Alex & Drew
  • Altered States (Altered States, #0.5)
  • American Boy
  • Advantage Crosse
  • Taxes and Tardis
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities #1)
  • Animal Instincts
  • Home Improvement
  • Trust Me, I Hate You (Men of Fort Dale, #2)
  • Wicked Games (Games, #1)
  • Digging Deep (Digging Deep, #1)
London writer with an unhealthy love for books, manga, slow burn romances, dogs, food and sleep.

Currently working on:
- A/B/O series
- An M/F/M, M/M/F Fantasy romance
- M/M Urban Fantasy
These will be serialised on my Patreon www.patreon.com/A_Mar/overview

You can also find me here:

News & Interviews