Start by marking “Her Cowboy Distraction (Cowboy Cafe, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Cowboy Distraction (Cowboy Cafe, #1)

Her Cowboy Distraction (Cowboy Cafe #1)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  189 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
The Cowboy on her Bucket List

She'd been watching the handsome rancher for a while, just a lone cowboy eating pie with an empty chair beside him. One night, Lizzie Wiles, Cowboy Café 's feisty new waitress, went over and dared to interrupt his tortured solitude. Daniel Jefferson seemed shocked by her boldness as he buried himself in guilt over his wife's mysterious death. L
ebook, Harlequin Romantic Suspense #1711, 224 pages
Published July 1st 2012 by Harlequin Romantic Suspense (first published June 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Her Cowboy Distraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Cowboy Distraction

Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff)

A mysterious cowboy who follows the same schedule every week and a waitress who watches him and feels a strong pull towards him make up the protagonists of this touching and very entertaining romance. A serial killer on the loose and some expertly added suspense add more spice to this story.

I loved the cover and instantly wanted to buy the book. The blurb is just too good and sold the book to me!

'She'd been watching the handsome rancher for a while, just
Babs
Jun 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense, western
Lizzie was passing through town and got a job at the local café in town. She was making her way around the states after her mom passed away. She had kept her eye on a man who would come in, eat some pie sit a while and leave. She thought it was odd there would be two plates on the table one for him and one on the other side like he was waiting on someone. He would leave and leave the pie behind as well. One brave day Lizzie went up to the man everyone calls Daniel and sat right on down at the bo ...more
Susan
Good book. I liked Lizzy and her cheerful attitude. She was able to talk to anyone, keep things upbeat, and maintain a happy face. Daniel's self-contained misery called to her, so she plopped down and started talking to him. He was so shocked that he left the cafe, but came back the next night as he couldn't get her out of his mind. It was the first time anyone had been able to get through to him, and he found himself drawn to her vitality. He began to look forward to his visits to the cafe and ...more
Tia
Aug 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely one of the better books I have read, so much so I have marked the second installment in the series, to read. I loved the characters and how easy it was for them to love each other. I was kind of shocked about the 'killer' though, I had no idea it would be him. I didn't even suspect and I normally am great at reading into novels like this. Great read!
Robin
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute read, I enjoyed the storyline. I generally don't like story lines where the hero has lost his wife, its it's a big part of the story. I feel like it takes away from the heroine. But I though it was handled nicely in this story. I would recommend this book.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rhayne's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4 Stars

This is an endearing story about a couple who struggles to overcome issue from their past, in order to be able to discover their own happiness again.

Lizzie is a waitress in a small café. She is loved by everyone and she is intrigued by a brooding cowboy that stops in every Friday night. She is not staying in town long, and has a bucket list a mile long of things she needs to accomplish. She made a promise to her mom on her death bed that she would
Erin
Sep 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall rating 3 out of 5 Stars

Lizzy Wiles’ dying promise to her mother was to check all of the items off of her bucket list. Never in one place too long, she began the task of living her bucket list, which is what brought her to Grady Gulch and the Cowboy Café. It’s also what threw the sad and unapproachable real-life cowboy, Daniel Jefferson, into her bucket, however long it may last.

Daniel sentenced himself to live a life of solitude; the only kind of life that was fitting of a man responsibl
Rhonda
Jun 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her Cowboy Distraction by Carla Cassidy
4 STARS I liked it. Like the characters and would love to see more about them in the future. Part of the mystery is still unsolved the other part I really had no idea and was surprised. Its a quick read. Thier are a few love scenes. The story was quick paced. Daniel Jefferson comes into the cafe every friday night that Lizzy Wiles has worked in the cafe. Daniel orders two pieces of peach pie and a cup of coffee. He puts the pie on the other side of the tab
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
4.0 big Super stars

I recommend this book.

Lizzie Wiles works as a waitress at the Cowboy Café in the town of Grady Gulch, Oklahoma. Every Friday night Daniel Jefferson comes into the Café by himself and orders two peach pies and a coffee. He eats the one pie and then leaves.

So one night Lizzie is on a break and sits down and starts eating the pie and talking to Daniel. He gets up and leaves the Café. She comes to find out the pie is a tradition he had with his wife where they came into the café
Candy
When Lizzie Wiles mother passed away,  she promised her mom that she would take her inheritance and cross off everything on her bucket list. That's how she ended up working at the Cowboy Café in Grady Gulch, Oklahoma. After a few weeks of working there, Lizzie notices that every Friday night a certain hot cowboy comes in and orders two pieces of pie and one coffee, but he never eats the second piece. Finally Lizzie works up the courage to introduce herself to Daniel Jefferson. Daniel mourning th ...more
Scooper Speaks
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Lines: "You've made me happy again. You've made me think about life's possibilities." (p. 164, e-galley)

Her Cowboy Distraction is a tale about a man learning to live again after years spend punishing himself for his wife's death. It's also a lesson in love for its heroine who is a ray of sunshine in the lives of all she meets. What she discovers about herself by the end of the book has the capacity to alter her life forever.

This book is a classic romance with a nice suspense thread. The
Hsiau Wei
Jul 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
This book tell the story of Lizzy who are on her pit stop for adventures, waitressing in a cafe where she met Daniels. She was intrigue with his routine of eating alone but ordering two serving of foods on friday that she approached him. That was the detrimental start of their relationship where they discover their attractions. However, when Lizzy was being threaten, Daniel steps in as her guard for safety. Overall, this story tell the story of discovering and choosing the happiness that one des ...more
Rhayne
This was a typical harlequin romance. It’s full of emotion, romance, and a bit predictable at times. There aren't many sex scenes; it’s more encompassed on plot with a little suspense thrown in. There are follow up books to follow I’m sure as there are still several things that were not wrapped up in this book.
If you’re looking for a light fast paced read that has a heartwarming romantic cowboy front and center you will really enjoy this book.

Complete Review Posted at: http://www.guiltypleasures
Pamela(AllHoney)
Lizzie Wiles is marking items off her bucket list and meeting a cowboy is one of them. She is currently working as a waitress is a small town. The lone cowboy that comes in every Friday night has caught her attention. Daniel Jefferson is lost in his guilt over his wife's death and is shocked at Lizzie Wiles boldness but there is something about her...

This was a nice comfortable read. There is unresolved issues, though, which I despise. Still, I enjoyed the easy writing style and the overall plot
Paula
Lizzie was working on her bucket list after burying herself in her career and losing her mother. that is how she ended up in Grady Gulch, working in Cowboy Cafe, meeting her cowboy, taking riding lessons and of course falling in love. one problem...someone wants her out of town. great romantic suspense.
Kenderly
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first time reading a book by Carla. This was a short read for me , but I loved every word of it. Lizzie was a fun character . Daniel was sexy and sweet. I could not put this book down , full of suspense . I was not just thrilled with the ending as I felt it left me hanging so to speak. I need to see if there are more books that follow this one .
Mom
Aug 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
Lizzy and Daniel's story starts with Daniel grieving for his dead wife and remaining alone. He keeps a Friday night ritual of going to the café every Friday and ordering two slices of pie and only eating one. Lizzy approaches him and eats some of the pie and jerks him out of the fog he's been in. There's a murder and then Lizzy is threatened.
Alexa Bourne
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. It felt like I was really there, a member of this small but caring community, and I didn't want it to end. Daniel's pain is palpable and Lizzy's positive influence was just what he needed. The end leaves us with a hint of future stories and I'll definitely be looking forward to those!
Natasha  A.
Jul 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Had some issues with the book. Didn't like understand some of the motives and don't feel I was given enough insight into what motives were given.
Also, I didn't fully understand the suspense portion of the story, and I feel it detracted from the story.
But really? Despite all that I did enjoy it and I did devour it quickly.
GONZA
Jun 19, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like the issues with trust of the hero and heroine and the little thriller in the story, but anyway I got this feeling that there was something missing from this novel for being really good.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND HARLEQUIN FOR THE PREVIEW
Emily
Charming story, I liked Lizzie; she is a free spirit. Daniel is so determined not to repeat his mistakes he has a hard time accepting what he feels for Lizzie.

Full review on Sensual Reads
Maria C
MICHLLE
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love this series please do more
Cherry-Ann
It was okay. A bit rushed though but a nice, quick read.
Grace M Taylor
Jan 29, 2015
Paul Smith
May 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • His Duty to Protect (Morgan's Mercenaries #34)
  • The Deputy's Redemption (Sweetwater Ranch #5)
  • A Cowboy to Come Home To (Cadence Creek Cowboys #4)
  • Soldier's Last Stand (H.O.T. Watch #6)
  • The Renegade Cowboy Returns (Callahan Cowboys, #7)/ Texas Lullaby (The Morgan Men, #1)
  • Fatal Embrace
  • Dillon's Claim (Dume Ranch Series, #3)
  • The Heartbreak Sheriff (Small Town Scandals, #2)
  • Cowboy Trouble
  • Chey's Cowboy
  • A Real Cowboy (Rich Rugged Ranchers #2)
  • Lead Me Home (Sons of Chance, #8)
  • Boots And Bullets
  • Deadly Secrets, Loving Lies
  • Sheik's Revenge
  • Gilded Secrets (The Highest Bidder #1)
  • Carrying His Secret (The Adair Affairs #1)
  • Case File: Canyon Creek, Wyoming  (Cooper, #1)

Cowboy Cafe (4 books)
  • The Cowboy's Claim (Cowboy Cafe, #2)
  • Cowboy with a Cause (Cowboy Cafe #3)
  • Confessing to the Cowboy (Cowboy Cafe, #4)