Start by marking “Dark Wolf (Spirit Wild, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Wolf (Spirit Wild, #1)

Dark Wolf

(Spirit Wild #1)

Sebastian Xenakis is still coming into his power as a wizard. He can shapeshift by magical means and runs as a wolf using the power he draws from the elements. But young women are dying—raped by a human and then slaughtered by a wolf. Suspicion falls on the shapeshifting Chanku, but Sebastian wonders if he might somehow be guilty of the crimes.

Then he meets Lily Cheval, t
Published April 30th 2013 by Aphrodisia

Duchess Nicole
This is a DNF for me at about 65%. That's my cut off point for DNF-ing and still rating/reviewing a book.

The book has an okay premise, but the characters just aren't to my preference. I like shifter stories for their completely dominant men, the ones who let their instincts rule and don't let anyone stand in their way of what they want...whether it's territory or a woman, or whatever.

In this book, Sebastian is very much at the mercy of his father...who is a weird, pervy guy that I never quite
Patsy Hughes
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those of you that follow the wonderful world of Kate Douglas and her Chanku, you will not be disappointed.
Lily has grown up and has learned (since an early age) how to deal with her pain in the tucus father, the uber alpha
and sexy as all get out, Anton Cheval. Their tale has walked me through the fantastic journey, yet again, with tears
and much laughter. It pulled at my heart strings, had me laughing so hard, I snorted tea through my nose, holding my
breath and wanting to smack somebody,
Douglas Meeks
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Dark Wolf (Spirit Wild, #1)Dark Wolf by Kate Douglas

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Summary:
It is a Bold New Beginning for the Chanku. For so long they kept their shapeshifting ability secret, but now they have assimilated into the world in ways they once never thought possible. Still there are those who want to destroy them, with dark powers of their own...

The CEO of Cheval International, Lily Cheval chooses to live alone, but a series of rapes and murders leave her wary and worried for her fellow Chanku. Then she meets Sebastia
Jeannie Zelos
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Dark wolf Kate Douglas

I received this book via Netgalley in return for an honest review. I don't gush and give false praise – I don't believe that helps readers or authors so what you read is what I truly feel about a book.

I love books with romance and paranormal elements so Dark Wolf pulled me in straight away. Its also classed as Erotica and has some pretty hot and graphic sex scenes so if you don't like those take note. I found they fitted perfectly within the storyline and the Chanku are de
Nicole
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adult PNR fans

Reviewed At 30,000 feet, does that qualify as the mile high club?
Happy Release Day Dark Wolf and Kate Douglas
Check it out, 5 stars!

“I am Chanku, Sebastian. After a run, I really want to fuck. No strings. No ties. I just really, really want sex. Are you up for that?”

He shook himself, and she thought of a big dog coming out of the rain. But then he glanced down at the front of his slacks and raised his head and one eyebrow. “I guess I am.”

Did I get your attention?

As if you didn’t already know alre
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Angeline‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 Stars

Dark Wolf by Kate Douglas is a refreshing change in a paranormal – humans are aware of the supernatural and they all live among each other. Being a huge paranormal fan, I was hooked from page one. It has been awhile since I have read such a great story. I am in love with the world Miss Douglas created.

Lily is the daughter of the Alpha Leader of the Chanku and the CEO of his company. Sebastian is the son of a cult leader and struggli
Book Reading Gals
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was familiar with the works of Kate Douglas before picking up this book, as I had read some of her Wolf Tales series years ago, prior to this review. And in the case of Douglas, I have to admit that it was a good thing. I don't advise most people to read her books, unless they are fully prepared for what exactly they are getting into. To call this book an erotic read, is understating it a bit. While I typically read both paranormal and erotic books, when I first picked up one her books years ...more
Debra Taylor
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it

Once again, Kate Douglas has delivered a well written and extremely sensual erotic fantasy. The plot entirely revitalizes the steamy saga of those wonderfully lusty, and sexually promiscuous Chanku. Perfect for a pervy reader looking for a sizzling hot read.
I started this book being a bit familiar with these kinky Chanku. I had read a couple of the books in the series, with Wolf Tales # 10 standing out in my memory and holding a favored place high upon my keeper shelf.
Dark Wolf proves that Ms. D
Beth
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
On her death bed, Sebastian’s mother begs her son never to seek out his father. Of course, reeling from loneliness and loss Sebastian searches for his father and discovers him to be a very powerful wizard that hates the Chanku.

It seems every where Sebastian goes young woman are being raped then torn apart by wolves. Sebastian is also having memory gaps, and his father begins to accuse Sebastian of these crimes. You see, Sebastian is a wizard with the ability to magically shift to a wolf.

Lily Ch
Jenee -Jenee's Book Blog
I received a galley copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This book reminds me almost of a Romeo and Juliet Paranormal theme. Both Sebastian and Lily come from strong alpha men who oppose each other with a hate so intense it's disconcerting at times. Granted, the hate is more than likely one sided. I think Aldo Xenakis hates the chanku shifters more than anything.

Sebastian Xenakis is a wizard of sorts with magic that allows him to gather energy from natural sources. With this energ
Jill
I liked this book to a point.The sex scenes were hot, be warned there is m/m, f/f mmff. This is because of the free love attitude of the pack. Love and sexual energy is the base of their pack power. This I could understand as part of the plot. But when it all started to subtract from the story that is when it started to annoy me.
This was a paranormal erotic novel, so I understand there is going to be eroticism in it. But I did find that they put a pause on the the rest of the story.

I did like h
Carey Sabala
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ok so let me say this first and foremost.....I LOVE KATE DOUGLAS! I happened to stumble upon some of her books on Amazon.com for free around the time this blog started. Her book series, StarQuest, was one of the first I reviewed for this blog and have been a fan ever since. I promised her I'd stalk her when RWA came to San Diego in 2016 and she laughed and said she'd stalk me back, LOL. What's not to love about that! Needless to say, I love reading all her super steamy, super smexy books. Her bo ...more
Toni
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kensington-arcs
I’m sitting here reading some reviews for Dark Wolf. Normally I don’t do that, but I was wondering what other people thought. I’m actually glad I did.

First off, I think many reviewers read the beginning of the memo that stated that this is a new series, but they didn’t read the whole thing. Dark Wolf is actually a continuation of the first generation of Chanku. It’s now the babies of the packs turn for happiness. The first series, Wolf Tales, really set the stage and there seemed to be some conf
Patricia
From author Kate Douglas comes a new series that entails a sexy wolf, a very sexy lady and a magical world filled with magic, love and breathless moments.

Sebastian Xenakis never knew what his mother meant when at her dying moment she pleaded to him to not re-connect with his father. Against her wishes he finds him and starts the road of uncovering who he is and how his magic links into his wolf.
When he meets Lily Cheval he knows he has found his mate, but will he be able to prove that he is not
Dianne
Dark Wolf is melt-your-Kindle hot! Kate Douglas has created a world of shifters filled with the conflict of the heart, body and soul. She has also added some humor and a slightly different and fresh twist on the paranormal genre. Women are being raped by humans and brutally murdered by wolves and the evidence points to this being the work of shifters. Lily Cheval, daughter to powerful Chanku Alpha Anton Cheval is determined to find out what is really happening, and that means finding out more ab ...more
Kirsty Bicknell
Dark Wolf is about a fantastic mix of shapeshifters, murder, magic and sex! Kate Daniels tells a paranormal mystery, handling the subject of murder and rape sensitively, not needing details, but increasing tension and suspense for her reader.
Lily, a Chanku Alpha female, connects with Sebastian Xenakis on meeting him. However, Sebastian can only shapeshift with magic, he is not Chanku, and his father is Aldo Xenakis, a business man who has spoken against Shapeshifters - even suggesting they may b
Carin
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Kate Douglas is continuing the story of the Chanku in her new series Spirit Wild. Dark Wolf is the first in that series and you can read this as a stand alone, background information is provided so that anyone not familiar with Ms. Douglas' series Wolf Tales will still be able to read and appreciate the book.

Dark Wolf not only has a great romance forming through out it also has a dark mystery of who is the serial killer behind the murder and rape of several women and why do they want it to look
Krissys
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: featured-books, star
Dark Wolf was Kate's best novel yet, I absolutely loved Dark Wolf above all others!
For you not so risque favoring readers- cover your eyes, because Kate absolutely does NOT hold back on the steam this time!
The detail and imagery is spell binding and absolutely hot. If you can't handle getting down with the visceral emotion of sexy shifters stirring up the scene and connecting you to the baser side of nature you best break out the ice box and hold on tight because the exciting world of Kate's s
Angel
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh My God!!! Normally I would have shrunk that down to the omg that everyone knows and loves, but this book deserved that and much much more!!! I was obviously looking forward to reading this book...hello going back to my Wolf Tales..., but a piece of me was worried that it wouldn't live up to the original series...oh ye of little faith...This is a lesson learned for me...NEVER doubt the genius that is Kate Douglas!! I was also afraid that I wouldn't be able to picture Lily as an adult in my hea ...more
Faith
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
at first it was a slow start,
Sebastian Xenakis searched for his father when his mother passed on,
he found papers that told him his name,his mother told him to stay away from him because he was evil.
he wanted to be like his father Aldo he had great power and magic,when he did something in magic and failed his father laughed at him,so he watched and was starting to believe his mother,that his father was evil,
seb would go to the oak tree and pull energy it would give a brilliant glow that surro
 Reading In Pajamas
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
DARK WOLF (SPIRIT WILD #1) by Kate Douglas
Publish Date: April 30, 2013
REVIEW BY: Reading In Pajamas/ Donna
RATED: 4 Stars

REVIEW:
Lilly is a strong intelligent alpha shifter who also has the command of magic in her. I like that the author was able to convey her strength without making her cold. Sebastian is an alpha in his own right, but has a vulnerability to him that I found endearing. I also enjoyed not being sure if he was a good guy, a bad guy or just caught up in events around him.

The story w
GONZA
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Sorry to say, but this is another book whose potentials have been destroyed by the excessive amount of sex spread with both hands. It's not that I do not like it in the love stories or romance, but some stories just do not seem about love but rather collective orgies organized to meet huge needs of people who do not think of anything else, readers included ....

Dispiace dirlo, ma questo é un altro libro le cui potenzialitá sono state distrutte dalla quantitá eccessiva di sesso sparso a piene mani
Anne Dirty Girls' Good Books
I really enjoyed this book! It's the first in a spin off/next generation series after the Wolf Tales (and other) books. I could tell there were characters here that had been introduced before, but I had no problem tracking in this book and didn't feel lost at all. It reminds me of Lora Leigh's Breeds books with the contemporary set shifters with a highly sexual nature. It also reminded me if Kit Rocha's O'Kane books with its multi partner sexually open society.

There were moments that felt a litt
Harper Jewel
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Having read all 12 of the Wolf Tales books, I was so looking forward to this one. It did not disappoint. Bringing the Chanku to life once again was a thrill a minute. Loved Sebastian, and his inner turmoil choked me up at times. The first meeting between Anton and Sebastian had me holding my breath. (SPOILER ALERT!) Glad to see Alex got his HEA too. The scenes between Tinker and Alex had me laughing. All the posturing on Tinker's part was exactly how I'd picture him acting! It was very hard to p ...more
Liz F
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Reviewed for Sara at www.HarlequinJunkie.com! :D

Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.

I don't know exactly what to say about this book. I loved it. I hated it. It was hot. It left me cold. I was all over the place with this one. And I think I have to say that I kinda liked it!

This book was such a departure for me and it felt so different than anything else I've read that I want to do this review a little differently. I want to do this chronologically so that I can get my thoughts o
Vânia Nunes
Apr 15, 2013 rated it liked it
The Chanku are a mighty people who have the ability to transform into various animals. Most, however, prefer eventually transmute into the wolf form. Some still use the magic - look for a tree in the forest with powers beyond the normal - to capture their energy and thus mutate more rapidly.

Lily is a Chanku circulating freely among humans. Beloved, charismatic and beautiful, she is admired wherever she goes. Her Chanku senses are also strong and she manages to capture whether a person is trustwo
Crystal
Jun 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I wanted to read this book as soon as I saw the cover. He looked like one sexy man. After I read the blurb I knew that I had to read it just to see what happened.

Sebastian Xenakis is a wizard that is coming into his powers. He can change into many things and he loves changing into a wolf. There are young girls that are being killed and he thinks he might be the one doing it and the Chanku are suspects to.

Lily Cheval is the uncrowned princess of the Chanku. She is also the CEO of her dad's compan
Emsy Van Wyck
Dark Wolf is a sexy, suspenseful, shifter introduction to the world of the Kate Douglas' Chanku

I love a good erotic romance. Throw in some paranormal elements and I’m even happier. When I received Kate Douglas’ Dark Moon (Spirit Wild Book Two) for review from her publisher, I was aware that it would have adult content. Knowing it was the second book in a series, I tracked down Dark Wolf (Spirit Wild Book One) to read first.

I really, really enjoyed Dark Wolf. I’d never read Douglas’ paranormal ro
Chanku Pack: Dark Wolf 4 6 Aug 08, 2013 02:01PM

• Deceiving the Witch Next Door
  • Hunter
  • The Last Princess (Pack Seduction, #3)
  • Night of the Dragon
  • Dragon Mine (The Hidden, #0.5)
  • His Dark Bond (Fallen, #2)
  • Blood and Silver (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter, #2)
  • Lure Of The Blood (Lure Series, #1)
  • Rush (Phoenix Rising, #3)
  • Be My Everything
  • Awakening the Nightmare (Symmetria #1)
  • Hunger Awakened (Vampire Hunger #2)
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Leader of the Pack
  • Legacy (Tri-Realms Saga, #3)
  • Lust (Three Stages of Love, #1)
  • A Vampire's Salvation (Beyond Human Novellas, #1)
  • The Love of My (Other) Life
Some people just seem to know they are meant to write, but it can still take a while to figure out exactly what their career will entail. Kate Douglas started out writing radio copy for a country western radio station in 1972, wrote and illustrated an educational cartoon strip for the American Mosquito Control Association for a number of years, was a newspaper reporter for a small town weekly wher ...more

Spirit Wild (6 books)
  • Dark Spirit (Spirit Wild #2)
  • Dark Moon (Spirit Wild #3)
  • Dark Refuge (Spirit Wild #4)
  • Dark Terror (Spirit Wild Book 5)
  • Dark Captive (Spirit Wild Book 6)