Start by marking “Autopilot Engaged (Turbulence, #2)” as Want to Read:
Autopilot Engaged (Turbulence, #2)

Autopilot Engaged (Turbulence #2)

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  426 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
People are complicated. Public figures often lead seedy double lives, while average folks rise to the occasion in times of crisis. Dallas Turner is a people person, and as a long-time flight attendant, he’s dealt with them all. Frazzled parents with overtired kids. Demanding businessmen who can’t fly unless they’re three sheets to the wind. Terrified passengers clinging to ...more
Published June 15th 2012 by JCP Books

To ask other readers questions about Autopilot Engaged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Autopilot Engaged

Julio Genao
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
nicely done.

really lovely bit of writing at the beginning, with dallas and the mysterious elderly woman. i thought it was an outstanding scene, balancing his backstory against the ongoing mystery and his relationship with his niece, all while advancing the plot.

really accomplished, and kinda beautiful, really.

the scenes with paul exploring the island were very effective—both creepy and sad at once.

onward!
Sofia
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it

I like how JCP picks up an idea and plays around with it, turns it inside out, pulls it side ways, confusing me, delighting me, sometimes creepily so.

going forwards of course........................
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Autopilot Engaged switches between past and present events. A year ago Dallas had his first encounter with the mystery Paul is facing now. The focus is still on the mystery itself rather than Dallas and Paul, but it is so intriguing that it doesn’t ruin anything.
Alisa
I still have no idea what's going on but it's interesting.
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
So, this was interesting, switching back and forth between current day and one year ago. Also, like episode one, we get the story from more than one point of view.
Things are more subtly revealed this time around, quiet and uneventful in the physical sense.

In the emotional sense? Definitely not quiet.

If it's even possible, there are more questions asked than in the first episode. Although, interestingly, I think it feels that way because we know more now, as does Paul. He's got questions, but I t
Lady*M
The plot thickens!

We learn more about Dallas, his life and his first Flight 511. Marlin was especially hilarious (Godzilla cloud!).

Paul is trying to deal with the (to say the least) unusual circumstances and Dallas and Kaye tell him their standing theory about what is happening to them every time they hit the turbulence in the Bermuda Triangle.

Dallas make some interesting statements at the end of the story and that was very frustrating because it WAS THE END. *sigh* But, this series is really l
Kat ☠
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it

Hmm. Interesting.
Chris
Jun 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
The second installment of this paranormal m/m serial gives us more background on Dallas, how he ended up on this Bermuda Triangle flight, and what he thinks might be going on.
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
"This time, on The X-Files..."

In this second episode, we have alternating POVs between Dallas's (Mulder) first turbulence encounter on the way to Bermuda in the past and Paul's (Scully) present experience. By Price structuring it this way we get to know Dallas better, and we also see a few glimpses of what Marlin was like before he committed suicide at the very beginning of Into the Bermuda Triangle.

(view spoiler)
ttg
Jun 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
"On the next exciting installment of…Turbulence!" That's kind of how I feel both starting and finishing this second piece of the Turbulence serial saga. Some questions from part 1 are answered as Paul begins to realize what his subbing in for Flight 511 really means, and a lot more questions are laid out. We also get some nice back-story and development for Awesome FA Dallas, who I love even more. I still have no idea where this story is going, but am excited about the prospects.

I have a feeling
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
This was a chance to get to know Dallas a bit better and some foreshadowing as well. The characters are all different and therefore real to me. It was cute to watch Paul freak out about everything and get bogged down in the nitpicky details. If I were Paul, I wouldn't go more than twenty feet from the aircraft because I'd be scared it would take off without me. But the other stuff he comes up with would never occur to me. As before Dallas and Paul are adorable, but still no hanky panky.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jun 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, mm
This feels like a cross between an episode of the Twighlight Zone and an episode of the tv series Lost. This episode of Turbulence gave us a few more tidbits about the characters and what might be going on but not enough to actually figure anything out. It gets more interesting and sucks you in a little more with each installment. I'm glad I don't have to wait for the next one.
Lilia Ford
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5

Dallas is the best. Another terrific episode. I mentioned in my previous that this is free, right?
Josephine Myles
I'm intrigued to see where this series is going. The empty Bermuda was haunting.
Victoria
Jul 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Still intriguing. Still reminds me of The Langoliers.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Nope. Too darn disjointed for me. I like this author but no.
⚣❣☙ Cocky™ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
4.1 Stars

Oh, maaaaaan...this is just getting better (and by that I mean more creepy weird). Very Stephen King-ish in how the mystery is being revealed. I said it with the last installment, but now I'm even more hooked. Damn, JCP, you get me!

(Also, in a similar circumstance, I'd totally be Paul; those are some of the exact questions that went through my mind, some of the same thought processes in trying to figure out what the ever-living-fuck was going on. I'm sure I'd also be slightly paranoid a
Celine
Aug 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, fantasy-scifi, m-m
another fun read by JCP. I can't help but love her work. the words come so easily, I always feel like i'm there with the characters, they are so realistic and flawed. I love it!

this story reminds me of a book I read about a plane that went through a time rift and found itself in an abandoned place... slowly the people inside the plane go insane/come up with a plan. and eventually the 'now' catches up with them... can't remember if it was King or Koontz? gonna found out!

great stuff and ofr course
Juls
Jun 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
dammit! it was over before i knew it and i feel like right when i thought i was gonna get some answers there it was.........the end! ugh!!!!

this was in Dallas' POV. you got to see what kind of man he is and he's pretty amazing! He's even trying to give his niece a better life. what a guy!

I still dont fully understand where the hell this story is going but I cant wait until the next book!!!!
Sandra
It was nice to see things from Dallas's perspective part of the time and learn a little more about him. This installment is mostly showing us what exactly is happening, even if we (and the characters) still don't know why!

A serial series to come out monthly, FREE at JCP books.
willaful
Nov 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those who have read the first episode
Shelves: m-m
The second episode of "Turbulence" gives some background of the Flight Attendant Dallas, and introduces a mystery woman who seems as if she might be significant somewhere along the way. The mystery of the Bermuda Triangle is still being explored, with Paul nervously working things out. No real romance as yet, just undercurrents.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
A person splitting in two different places? Bermuda is not the place to go. I like the Freudian theory here and find it amusing. I wonder what I would be like if only my ID was in control. Watch out world!

Poor Dallas is entering the Twilight Zone! Serials kill me. I have to read one right after the other.
Megan
Nice development of the supernatural mystery as well as some fleshing out of Dallas's character. There wasn't much in the romance department in this installment, but the ending nods to how the plot developments (and theories) have consequences for the romance in ways that should be interesting and challenging.
Fangtasia
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Got it free at Amazon today!

Finished and on to the next, Red-Eye Dawn. JCP is THE master of M/M paranormal, no question about it. I'm totally hooked with Dallas and Paul.
DeeNeez
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, glbt, scifi
The next installment of this twighlight zone like series. Awesome! It's sending goose bumps down my arms. We get to know Dallas more, and I'm really liking him a lot. Even the dude on the cover has him looking hot. ...and the intrigue is just beginning!
Roger - president of NBR United -
another short installment of the series it is good but cut off when it get interesting the only positive of it being a serial novel is that all the installments are free on amazon. Learn some of the background of the series.
Tara
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm confused about what happens to them once they go through the triangle, but I'm sure that it will be explained. *spoilers ahead*

When do they split? Is the real them on the island or floating around Florida? Where does everyone else go?
Eve
Joyce
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Carey
Recommended to Joyce by: Ms. Price
Ms. Price knows how to write a cliff hanger, since I was wondering the same thing as the ending... Can't wait for part 3..
  • First Impressions (First Impressions, #1)
  • Critic's Choice (Petit Morts, #9)
  • The Red Thread of Forever Love
  • Gold Standard
  • If It Ain't Love
  • Tomfoolery
  • Language Lessons
  • Bourbon Affair (Pentacles of Magick #2.5)
  • Just Be
  • And to All a Good Night (Life Lessons, #1.5)
  • Blood in the Water
  • The Importance of Being Denny
  • Forgotten Soul (Soul Reader, #1)
  • Steamy (The Marriage Groups #1.5)
  • Aliens, Smith and Jones
  • Midnight
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price is the owner of JCP Books LLC. Her paranormal thrillers are colored by her time in the midwest, from inner city Chicago, to small town Wisconsin, to liberal Madison.

Jordan is best known as the author of the PsyCop series, an unfolding tale of paranormal mystery and suspense starring Victor Bayne, a gay medium who's plagued by ghostly visitations. Also check
More about Jordan Castillo Price

Turbulence (8 books)
  • Into the Bermuda Triangle (Turbulence, #1)
  • Red-Eye Dawn (Turbulence, #3)
  • Connecting Flight (Turbulence, #4)
  • Black Box (Turbulence, #5)
  • Flying Blind (Turbulence, #6)
  • Radio Silence (Turbulence, #7)
  • Final Boarding (Turbulence, #8)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)